HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Hurricane Michael

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DrT999

DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Hurricane Michael   Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:06 pm

Best of luck to any in the path of the storm (VA, the Carolinas, and especially Georgia and of course most of all Florida). Hopefully it won't be too bad by the time it blows through here!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
ftrplt

ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Michael   Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:44 pm

My military buddies around Fort Walton Beach/Destin got rain and lots of wind but no severe damages. Just talked with family/friends in Raleigh. Rain pouring down with some wind. Y'all be safe there in the Carolinas, please!! FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Michael   Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:47 pm

Moving fast over NC. Rain should stop soon as the eye moves over. Seems like all the wind is upper level. Not much ground wind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

DrT999

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Michael   Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:52 pm

GeoffC wrote:
Moving fast over NC. Rain should stop soon as the eye moves over.  Seems like all the wind is upper level. Not much ground wind.

We've had about 3 1/2 inches of rain so far, and the wind was around 35-38, but it seems the worst wind is dying down.
Back to top Go down
Puffy

Puffy

Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Michael   Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:10 pm

Things here north of Charlotte have really improved.Rain and wind have both stopped.Some trees down.Some power out.But no real major damage other than some from flooding.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Michael   Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:41 pm

Some of you are lucky. Residents of Mexico Beach/Panama City not so much.

Sure hope all those in the affected areas are safe and sound. This one looks very serious!

Shocked

No Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
pepesdad1

pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Hurricane Michael   Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:27 pm

North Fla. looks like a bomb hit it...many folks are suffering..no home, no clothing, no money...pretty much all is gone.
I was lucky only lost one tree...prayed that the Lord would put His Angles around our property and protect it...otherwise we would be joining those who are homeless..packed up my McClellands tins and bulk (couldn't leave that behind) and took it with me to Kentucky...we were ahead of the storm most of the way til we settled down with my wifes' sister in Ky. Stayed there for a week...had to get my wifi from across the holler...couldn't be on it in the evening as the bears came down off the mountain...didn't want to be dinner at this late stage of my life. Came back to a lot of destruction, but we had only lost power and water for a day. Prayers worked and we are back home trying to help the neighbors who weren't as fortunate. Good to be back and setting up my pipes and cellar once again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

DrT999

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Michael   Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:21 pm

pepesdad1 wrote:
North Fla. looks like a bomb hit it...many folks are suffering..no home, no clothing, no money...pretty much all is gone.
I was lucky only lost one tree...prayed that the Lord would put His Angles around our property and protect it...otherwise we would be joining those who are homeless..packed up my McClellands tins and bulk (couldn't leave that behind) and took it with me to Kentucky...we were ahead of the storm most of the way til we settled down with my wifes' sister in Ky.  Stayed there for a week...had to get my wifi from across the holler...couldn't be on it in the evening as the bears came down off the mountain...didn't want to be dinner at this late stage of my life.  Came back to a lot of destruction, but we had only lost power and water for a day.  Prayers worked and we are back home trying to help the neighbors who weren't as fortunate.  Good to be back and setting up my pipes and cellar once again.

Glad to hear you were one of the more fortunate ones. Best of luck during the recovery; that can be just as tough

"T" - Katrina survivor
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Michael   Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:15 pm

Looks like your prayers were answered Walt, and glad to know your loss is minimal. I can't imagine whet you must be going through in the midst of all this. My best mojo headed your way.

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
pepesdad1

pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Hurricane Michael   Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:28 pm

Thanks, guys...we were the fortunate ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
History Prof 1861

History Prof 1861

Registration date : 2016-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Michael   Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:24 pm

I am glad you and your family are safe and sound after the storm.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hurricane Michael
Page 1 of 1