HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

When you’re slapped you’ll take it and like it!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

When you’re slapped you’ll take it and like it! Empty
PostSubject: When you’re slapped you’ll take it and like it!   When you’re slapped you’ll take it and like it! EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 7:37 pm

I love that movie.  It’s 1941 and Joel Cairo is gettin’ slapped around by Sam Spade. The Maltese Falcon...Dashiell Hammett. A gorgeous dame and a 1911A1 Colt in yer coat pocket. San Francisco. Street lights through the fog. Everybody smokes.  The guys wear fedoras. A lotta guys roll their own. Classic noir. It’s a beautiful thing..wild and unpredictable. Now THAT’S Americana.

Quick gimme a pipe with a tough American Burley Blend in it. Something old school with teeth.

I just ordered three:

Cornell & Diehl: Kelly's Coin (tin)
Cornell & Diehl: Old Joe Krantz (bulk)
Cornell & Diehl: Pegasus (bulk)

The Pegasus is more medium...and just a beautiful blend all by itself. But the others will kick yer butt...or slap you around, if you prefer. Just be careful and don’t go down any dark alleys with a dame you don’t know. You might end up in the Bay, like Archer.

The Krantz and the Coin are both very good blenders to boost strength in milder blends. Add 20% to an aromatic and it really perks things up. Good stuff.

When you’re slapped you’ll take it and like it! 56c9c610

When you’re slapped you’ll take it and like it! D6bddf10When you’re slapped you’ll take it and like it! 29400910When you’re slapped you’ll take it and like it! 114e6110When you’re slapped you’ll take it and like it! Ddb39b10When you’re slapped you’ll take it and like it! Cf77ce10When you’re slapped you’ll take it and like it! Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jevverrett

Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-13

When you’re slapped you’ll take it and like it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you’re slapped you’ll take it and like it!   When you’re slapped you’ll take it and like it! EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 7:12 pm

I like so old joe too. I’ve also been smoking through some poplar camp lately. Good stuff, along the same lines.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

When you’re slapped you’ll take it and like it!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: