HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TAD in full effect

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PanHandler

PanHandler

Registration date : 2018-10-22

TAD in full effect Empty
PostSubject: TAD in full effect   TAD in full effect EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 10:13 pm

Well, I’m definitely suffering a severe case of TAD. I just ordered a bunch of various tobaccos over the last few days and thought I was done... until I got here to BoB.

Thanks to a couple of posts I ended up with a few 1 oz samples from L.J. Perretti:

English D-7485
Tashkent
London Flake
Cuban Mixture

Then another member here (won’t mention any names GeoffC) mentioned the Boswell Sampler. Ordered the English Sampler.

Please somebody make it stop!
Back to top Go down
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

TAD in full effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAD in full effect   TAD in full effect EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 10:30 pm

Oh man, you are in deep!  Congrats!!!  I think! Wink
Back to top Go down
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

TAD in full effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAD in full effect   TAD in full effect EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 10:34 pm

Doesn't take much at all. Well it's only a couple ounces, then a couple tins, then pounds. Next thing you know your buying multiple pipes a day. But boy does it feel good 👍
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

TAD in full effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAD in full effect   TAD in full effect EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 10:51 pm

Ah, well, yah..... You'll pull through alright. At least you're getting ounces and samplers. You'll know you're having a problem when you're buying sleeves of tins and/or half pounds of stuff based on reviews as samplers....

I myself rarely succumb to that extreme. Only once a month or so... Rolling Eyes

Once you get to where you can settle for a few select blends your TAD will abate..... Then you can focus on pipes, lighters, tampers, trays, pouches, etc, etc ......
Back to top Go down
PanHandler

PanHandler

TAD in full effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAD in full effect   TAD in full effect EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 11:38 pm

Ozark Wizard wrote:
Ah, well, yah..... You'll pull through alright. At least you're getting ounces and samplers. You'll know you're having a problem when you're buying sleeves of tins and/or half pounds of stuff based on reviews as samplers....

I myself rarely succumb to that extreme. Only once a month or so... Rolling Eyes

Once you get to where you can settle for a few select blends your TAD will abate..... Then you can focus on pipes, lighters, tampers, trays, pouches, etc, etc ......

As a fairly new piper, I guess I’m in my “discovery” phase. Since I finally slowed down my smoking and can actually taste tobaccos, I’m wanting to try everything. Right now I’m really liking latakia/oriental/english (absolutely in love with Bengal Slices). I’ve tried a few va and va/pers but damn if they don’t burn (Escudo lit my head on fire). Got some SG Full Virginia Flake on the way based on reviews. Fingers crossed. I’m starting to develop a taste for burleys so I’m going to try and branch out there. I really do like Crooner. Just hoping I don’t get burned out on latakia as it’s about 80% of my current stash.

Anyway yes, I’m eventually hoping to narrow things down to a few core blends.
Back to top Go down
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

TAD in full effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAD in full effect   TAD in full effect EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 11:53 am

Your welcome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

TAD in full effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAD in full effect   TAD in full effect EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 3:28 pm

You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile!

TAD in full effect Latest?cb=20120218232842&path-prefix=en

Cheers,

RR

TAD in full effect Purple11x 2TAD in full effect Bombx10  TAD in full effect Bombx7 TAD in full effect D6bddf10 TAD in full effect 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d TAD in full effect Cowboy13

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com Online
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

Registration date : 2007-12-22

TAD in full effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAD in full effect   TAD in full effect EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 5:41 pm

Some of those Boswell blends sound really good. I may have to try some of those samples as well.
Back to top Go down
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

TAD in full effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAD in full effect   TAD in full effect EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 6:40 pm

Dan's Blend is awesome
Back to top Go down
PanHandler

PanHandler

TAD in full effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAD in full effect   TAD in full effect EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 11:55 pm

Update: I just received my Boswell English Sampler yesterday. Six 1 oz. ziplock baggies.

Northwoods
Countryside
Railroad Station
Magnum Blend
Light English
Titus

I’m not going to review each one as they are thoroughly reviewed on TR.

Personally I really enjoyed every one of them and they are fairly mild and super easy to smoke. I was in search of a good “all day” smoke and most of these will easily fit the bill.

Also ordered four 1 oz. samples from L.J. Peretti:

Tashkent
Cuban Mix
Blend D-7485
London Flake

Will be trying these tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

Registration date : 2007-12-22

TAD in full effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAD in full effect   TAD in full effect EmptySun Oct 28, 2018 1:03 am

After reading this thread I think I’m going to checkout those lj Peretti sample my self. They sound most tasty
Back to top Go down

TAD in full effect
Page 1 of 1