HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

I was Speechless.......

Go down 
AuthorMessage
smoker13

Registration date : 2016-01-12

I was Speechless....... Empty
PostSubject: I was Speechless.......   I was Speechless....... EmptySun Oct 28, 2018 2:53 pm

Well, today I promised I'd finish cleaning up the messiest corner of my library which entailed bringing down to the cellar all the rest of the boxes of tobacco tins and stacked Ball/Mason jars of tobacco to finally put them all with the rest of my stash on the old bookcase which was brought down last month.

Now I'm not complaining, this really was a necessary step and one with two enjoyable results: It freed up lots of room in my library and all my tobacco is neatly packed away in one place.

The thing that got me was when we were putting the last jars in place (I've still got about 50 or so tins to sort through and put away) my wife said to me "man! you really are a hoarder! You're not planning on ever buying any more tobacco, are you?"

As Ralph Kramden used to say, "Humedy-humedy-humedy-humedy……."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: I was Speechless.......   I was Speechless....... EmptySun Oct 28, 2018 3:58 pm

Just nod your head and say "of course not dear...........

.............and you won't ever have to buy another pair of shoes either"!

Wink

Cheers,

RR

I was Speechless....... Purple11x 2I was Speechless....... Bombx10I was Speechless....... BombI was Speechless....... D6bddf10 I was Speechless....... 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: I was Speechless.......   I was Speechless....... EmptySun Oct 28, 2018 4:05 pm

You had her help?

Rookie move, sir....... lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smoker13

Registration date : 2016-01-12

PostSubject: Re: I was Speechless.......   I was Speechless....... EmptySun Oct 28, 2018 11:29 pm

Sir Wizard, Bad back and chronic sciatica makes a guy take any help he can get, 'specially when moving boxes stuffed with heavy jars of Tobak down a shaky flight of cellar stairs.

At 64, the rookie moniker is long gone in the wind along with my vanity, pride and animal grace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Registration date : 2016-04-25

PostSubject: Re: I was Speechless.......   I was Speechless....... EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 11:49 am

Ozark Wizard wrote:
You had her help?

Rookie move, sir....... lol!

Yea. Mate, don't ever do that again. Wink

Of note, I put my tins in Coleman coolers. Even though they are well in view, my wife has no idea of the true extent of the stash I have. Otherwise, if she would start opening them individually, she would be rather upset. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pepesdad1

pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: I was Speechless.......   I was Speechless....... EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 2:32 pm

Mine are out in front of God and everyone...my wife looks at it and wonders about my state of mind...mind?...don't have one of those anymore.  While I am not buying much tobacco these days (retirement does that to yo..no $$)..I am content to smoke that which has 5 years age on it...PS-LBF is fabulous with some age on it..has a dark brown hue to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: I was Speechless.......   I was Speechless....... EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 10:50 pm

Smoker13 I feel your pain brother. With the medical conditions I have I couldn't possibly put tobacco up high. Of course the wife knows the extent of my madness and just rolls her eyes. She tells me I indulge her why shouldn't I indulge myself some too.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cadfael

Registration date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: I was Speechless.......   I was Speechless....... EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 9:57 am

"Of course I'm not planning to buy more tobacco, dear!"

DING -DONG

"Honey, you have a package from someone named, Laudesi. Who is that?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: I was Speechless.......   I was Speechless....... EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 2:27 pm

Cadfael wrote:
"Of course I'm not planning to buy more tobacco, dear!"

DING -DONG

"Honey, you have a package from someone named, Laudesi. Who is that?"

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

I was Speechless.......
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: