HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Please Help Me Pick Out Best Peretti Burley Blends ForCobs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
smoker13

Registration date : 2016-01-12

PostSubject: Please Help Me Pick Out Best Peretti Burley Blends ForCobs   Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:50 pm

I've come across this name here and there for years, so I thought I'd cast the net over the Brotherhood and make my appeal before ordering.

As always, your help is most appreciated.

-s13
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Please Help Me Pick Out Best Peretti Burley Blends ForCobs   Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:53 am

Sweet or Savory?

Sweet, I would choose Blend DD, Thanksgiving Day (which happens to be available right now) or Burley Plug Cut. DD is very good and is sweeter and a bit bigger tasting than Thanksgiving Day but these two have a similar tone. Burley Plug Cut is more straight forward/simple.

For something more complex Cuban Mixture is quite good and shouldn’t be overlooked.

No Name is very floral and musky. Perhaps a Peretti take on Mixture 79.

Blend 333 like DD has good flavor strength but comes across as less flavored, so essentially it tastes more savory and is without all the sweet honey notes.

If you like or don’t mind a little Latakia Blend W is really good and is worth a try.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Please Help Me Pick Out Best Peretti Burley Blends ForCobs   Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:10 am

Listen to the beat of the drums and beer. Good advice.

Me? I’d go with the classic DD Blend. Many others besides me have called it the best...because it is. Uhle’s has its Blend 00...It’s universally claimed to be about the best...the DD beats it.

The BCP (Burley cut Plug) is also pretty incredibly wonderful. Very Burley in character.

You need to grab 4 oz ( the minimum allowed of this) right now. After Thanksgiving it’s gone. Then you’ll cry.

For me, while the Cuban Mixture has SO much other stuff in it the Burley is pretty much buried.

———————

Lastly, if you put an order in you really should try a sample of Oriental No. 40. It is unique in that it is a blend of 100% orientals with no Latakia. Very unique and a ounce added to any bowl will provide a great blended experience.

OK, that’s it. You may begin shopping.

Oh...BTW...if you call Peretti’s to place your order, don’t expect them to be polite...or even nice. They take great pride in treating customers like crap,

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Please Help Me Pick Out Best Peretti Burley Blends ForCobs
Page 1 of 1