Peterson Fisherman Lovat

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Simple Man

Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

Peterson Fisherman Lovat Empty
PostSubject: Peterson Fisherman Lovat   Peterson Fisherman Lovat EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 10:26 am

I've been wanting this pipe for a long time and finally have one on the way! Now this payday I need to place a small tobacco order.

Peterson Fisherman Lovat Pipe-p10
Back to top Go down
Zanaspus

Zanaspus

Registration date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Peterson Fisherman Lovat   Peterson Fisherman Lovat EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 10:52 am

Beautiful! I love the look of Peterson pipes. If only they smoked as great as they look..... That's just my take though.
Back to top Go down
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Peterson Fisherman Lovat   Peterson Fisherman Lovat EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 11:39 am

I like the look of Peterson pipes also. Your pipe is very nice. My favorite is the 999 shape in the same rustication as yours.
Back to top Go down
Simple Man

Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: Peterson Fisherman Lovat   Peterson Fisherman Lovat EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 11:56 am

Corncobcon wrote:
I like the look of Peterson pipes also.  Your pipe is very nice.  My favorite is the 999 shape in the same rustication as yours.

The 999 is a great looking pipe. I really like this lovat though as it is so unusual for a Pete, at least on this side of the pond.

Last edited by Simple Man on Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
History Prof 1861

History Prof 1861

Registration date : 2016-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Peterson Fisherman Lovat   Peterson Fisherman Lovat EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 11:59 am

That looks great I like the finish
Back to top Go down
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Registration date : 2016-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Peterson Fisherman Lovat   Peterson Fisherman Lovat EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 6:21 pm

Is that Lovat part of a new Fisherman series? It's really sharp looking! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Peterson Fisherman Lovat   Peterson Fisherman Lovat EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 6:53 pm

Very nice looking pipe. Most of my pipes are Petersons, favorite shape os the 80S
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Peterson Fisherman Lovat   Peterson Fisherman Lovat EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 7:31 pm

Can't go wrong with a Pete.

Cool

Cheers,

RR

Peterson Fisherman Lovat Purple11x 2Peterson Fisherman Lovat Bombx10  Peterson Fisherman Lovat Bombx7 Peterson Fisherman Lovat D6bddf10 Peterson Fisherman Lovat 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d Peterson Fisherman Lovat Cowboy13

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
Simple Man

Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: Peterson Fisherman Lovat   Peterson Fisherman Lovat EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 7:49 pm

Davy Jones wrote:
Is that Lovat part of a new Fisherman series? It's really sharp looking! Very Happy

Thank you. Yes it is a fisherman.
Back to top Go down
Puff Daddy
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Peterson Fisherman Lovat   Peterson Fisherman Lovat EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 8:53 pm

I have that same pipe. It is the shape 53, shank is shortened slightly, with a shorter stem in an acrylic cumberland pattern. Outstanding smoker and a very comfortable nosewarmer pipe to clench. These first appeared on a couple of Italian etailers sites a couple years ago. Peterson released different Fisherman series shapes for The European market than the US market. This is one I’ve only seen on Euro sites.

Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: Peterson Fisherman Lovat   Peterson Fisherman Lovat EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 9:09 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
I have that same pipe. It is the shape 53, shank is shortened slightly, with a shorter stem in an acrylic cumberland pattern. Outstanding smoker and a very comfortable nosewarmer pipe to clench. These first appeared on a couple of Italian etailers sites a couple years ago. Peterson released different Fisherman series shapes for The European market than the US market. This is one I’ve only seen on Euro sites.

Right. I actually bought it from an Italian pipe site. Can't wait for it to get here.
Back to top Go down
Zanaspus

Zanaspus

PostSubject: Re: Peterson Fisherman Lovat   Peterson Fisherman Lovat EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 9:25 pm

Zanaspus wrote:
Beautiful! I love the look of Peterson pipes. If only they smoked as great as they look.....  That's just my take though.

My apologies. Rereading this, I find it thoughtless and bitchy. No one wants to hear that their baby is ugly, so let me just say.....beautiful pipe!
Back to top Go down
Simple Man

Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: Peterson Fisherman Lovat   Peterson Fisherman Lovat EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 9:37 pm

Zanaspus wrote:
Zanaspus wrote:
Beautiful! I love the look of Peterson pipes. If only they smoked as great as they look.....  That's just my take though.

My apologies. Rereading this, I find it thoughtless and bitchy. No one wants to hear that their baby is ugly, so let me just say.....beautiful pipe!

No offense. I think all of us have pipe brands that we love and others that are not right... for us. I was not offended at all.
Back to top Go down
Zanaspus

Zanaspus

PostSubject: Re: Peterson Fisherman Lovat   Peterson Fisherman Lovat EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 11:59 pm

Simple Man wrote:
Zanaspus wrote:
Zanaspus wrote:

No offense. I think all of us have pipe brands that we love and others that are not right... for us. I was not offended at all.

Thanks for the kind words and reassurances, but no one wants to hear a stranger say, "I think your new pipe is pants."
Cheers and enjoy it in good health.
Back to top Go down
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

PostSubject: Re: Peterson Fisherman Lovat   Peterson Fisherman Lovat EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 5:32 am

Simple Man wrote:
Davy Jones wrote:

Yes, I am aware. Wink But I have seen others that had a black sandblast and this one has not. So I was wondering if it's a new (recent) edition of the Fisherman series.
Back to top Go down
Simple Man

Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: Peterson Fisherman Lovat   Peterson Fisherman Lovat EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 9:05 am

Davy Jones wrote:
Simple Man wrote:
Davy Jones wrote:

Yes, I am aware. Wink But I have seen others that had a black sandblast and this one has not. So I was wondering if it's a new (recent) edition of the Fisherman series.

Oh, I see. I will let you know when I receive it. This was a stock google image and not the actual pipe, so when I have it in my possession I will take a couple of pictures and reply. It may actually be the black stain.
Back to top Go down
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

PostSubject: Re: Peterson Fisherman Lovat   Peterson Fisherman Lovat EmptyWed Nov 14, 2018 10:48 am

After doing a bit of research, there are two distinct series.

Peterson Fisherman Lovat Big-6910

Peterson Fisherman Lovat Photo_10

As far as I am concerned, the series you picked up looks much better. And, seen from this different angle, that Lovat of yours seriously rocks, mate. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Simple Man

Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: Peterson Fisherman Lovat   Peterson Fisherman Lovat EmptyWed Nov 14, 2018 11:05 am

Davy Jones wrote:
After doing a bit of research, there are two distinct series.

As far as I am concerned, the series you picked up looks much better. And, seen from this different angle, that Lovat of yours seriously rocks, mate. Very Happy

Well I'll be... yes, I agree, that looks real nice. I can't wait 'till it arrives so I can verify if that is indeed the one I purchased.
Back to top Go down
Simple Man

Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: Peterson Fisherman Lovat   Peterson Fisherman Lovat EmptyThu Nov 15, 2018 1:48 pm

Well it's here! And only three days from ordering it all the way from Foggia, Italy! So a shout out to pipeonline.it for such great, incredible service. Saluti! cheers

The pipe is absolutely grand! It has a nice cumberland stem and is indeed the pipe Davy Jones displayed on this thread.

My cellphone picture does not do it justice, but here is a pic.

Peterson Fisherman Lovat Peters11

I am pleased with this purchase, indeed.
Back to top Go down
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Peterson Fisherman Lovat   Peterson Fisherman Lovat EmptyThu Nov 15, 2018 3:40 pm

That is a beauty. Good luck with it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

PostSubject: Re: Peterson Fisherman Lovat   Peterson Fisherman Lovat EmptyThu Nov 15, 2018 5:01 pm

She's a beauty. Laughing Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Peterson Fisherman Lovat   Peterson Fisherman Lovat EmptyThu Nov 15, 2018 6:20 pm

Beautiful pipe, how was the first smoke?
Back to top Go down
Simple Man

Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: Peterson Fisherman Lovat   Peterson Fisherman Lovat EmptyThu Nov 15, 2018 7:41 pm

D.L.Ruth wrote:
Beautiful pipe, how was the first smoke?

I haven't smoked it yet. I think I might wait until Thanksgiving.
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Peterson Fisherman Lovat   Peterson Fisherman Lovat EmptyThu Nov 15, 2018 8:41 pm

Good stuff Jack! Do let us know how it smokes.

Cool

Cheers,

RR

Peterson Fisherman Lovat Purple11x 2Peterson Fisherman Lovat Bombx10  Peterson Fisherman Lovat Bombx7 Peterson Fisherman Lovat D6bddf10 Peterson Fisherman Lovat 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d Peterson Fisherman Lovat Cowboy13

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father
jhuggett

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Peterson Fisherman Lovat   Peterson Fisherman Lovat EmptyFri Nov 16, 2018 12:37 pm

I recently fell back in love with Petersons. One of these might have to be in my collection. Awesome looking pipe!

Peterson Fisherman Lovat
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: PAD & TAD-
Jump to: