HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New pot designated to Latakia blends

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BriarBeagle

BriarBeagle

Registration date : 2016-11-08

New pot designated to Latakia blends Empty
PostSubject: New pot designated to Latakia blends   New pot designated to Latakia blends EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 5:46 pm

Well, with all of the money I saved by keeping my PAD under control at the West Coast Pipe Show, I treated myself to a new pot pipe which will be designated for Latakia blends.  This one is by Roman Kovalev (aka Doctors pipes) out of St. Petersburg.  This is my 3rd Kovalev.  Needless to say I'm harboring a bit of a man crush for him.  Just thought I'd post a pic...

New pot designated to Latakia blends Kovale10

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.

BB
Back to top Go down
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

PostSubject: Re: New pot designated to Latakia blends   New pot designated to Latakia blends EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 5:55 pm

Beautiful pipe, just love the grain pattern on that. Hope it provides you with years and years of great smoke.
Back to top Go down
BriarBeagle

BriarBeagle

PostSubject: Re: New pot designated to Latakia blends   New pot designated to Latakia blends EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 6:22 pm

D.L.Ruth wrote:
Beautiful pipe, just love the grain pattern on that. Hope it provides you with years and years of great smoke.

Thank you, sir. It's definitely a keeper. Smile
Back to top Go down
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Registration date : 2016-04-25

PostSubject: Re: New pot designated to Latakia blends   New pot designated to Latakia blends EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 6:25 pm

Nice! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New pot designated to Latakia blends   New pot designated to Latakia blends EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 7:36 pm

Holy Christmas Loren, that's impressive!

Cool

Is the stem bamboo, and what are the inserts?

Cheers,

RR

New pot designated to Latakia blends Purple11x 2New pot designated to Latakia blends Bombx10  New pot designated to Latakia blends Bombx7 New pot designated to Latakia blends D6bddf10 New pot designated to Latakia blends 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d New pot designated to Latakia blends Cowboy13

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
BriarBeagle

BriarBeagle

PostSubject: Re: New pot designated to Latakia blends   New pot designated to Latakia blends EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 8:29 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Holy Christmas Loren, that's impressive!

Cool

Is the stem bamboo, and what are the inserts?

Cheers,

RR

Thank you Rande.  Yes, the shank is bamboo.  Roman is notorious for taking "crazy" pieces of bamboo and turning them into beautiful works of art.  The inserts are hand made polymers that Roman makes using organic materials, each being anchored into the bamboo with metal rod.  His work is meticulous, and his detail work and finish is as good as it gets in my opinion.

If you're not familiar with him, pipedia.org has a little information... https://pipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Kovalev

Also, check out his website...http://www.doc-pipes.com/
Back to top Go down
Hiram-2011

Hiram-2011

Registration date : 2012-03-23

PostSubject: Re: New pot designated to Latakia blends   New pot designated to Latakia blends EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 8:34 pm

That is a stunning piece. Color me jealous brother.
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: New pot designated to Latakia blends   New pot designated to Latakia blends EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 9:29 pm

Wow! That's pretty! Shocked

Nice pipe!
Back to top Go down
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: New pot designated to Latakia blends   New pot designated to Latakia blends EmptyWed Nov 21, 2018 12:06 pm

That is a beauty! I guess I'll never be able to afford a pipe like that.
Back to top Go down
Zanaspus

Zanaspus

Registration date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Re: New pot designated to Latakia blends   New pot designated to Latakia blends EmptyWed Nov 21, 2018 12:13 pm

Very nice grain!
Back to top Go down
BriarBeagle

BriarBeagle

PostSubject: Re: New pot designated to Latakia blends   New pot designated to Latakia blends EmptyWed Nov 21, 2018 12:17 pm

Corncobcon wrote:
That is a beauty!  I guess I'll never be able to afford a pipe like that.

Had to sell a few to get this one.

And on a side note, when do I ever let the fact that I can't afford something I want stop me from buying it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Registration date : 2016-04-25

PostSubject: Re: New pot designated to Latakia blends   New pot designated to Latakia blends EmptyWed Nov 21, 2018 2:58 pm

BriarBeagle wrote:
And on a side note, when do I ever let the fact that I can't afford something I want stop me from buying it. Laughing

Yipper. It's usually the ones we can't afford that we want, don't we? lol!
Back to top Go down
hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: New pot designated to Latakia blends   New pot designated to Latakia blends EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 1:31 pm

Congratulations on getting a beautiful pipe, and especially for those Latakia blends we love.
Back to top Go down
fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo

Registration date : 2013-01-11

PostSubject: Re: New pot designated to Latakia blends   New pot designated to Latakia blends EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 6:22 am

Owning 2 of Doc’s creations I can truthfully say they are fine smokers indeed, my last purchase from him was caused by seeing the second of der Beagles pipes and Doc is a fine gentleman to do business with.

If you see something of his at one of the sellers sites that scratches an itch I recommend you contact Doc direct about getting one you won’t be sorry and will save considerably as well. Keep it smokey in that new beauty of a pot!
banjo
Back to top Go down
http://fishnbanjosplace.yuku.com/directory#.UOxnWne3ofw
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: New pot designated to Latakia blends   New pot designated to Latakia blends EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 9:48 am

Oh man that is a good looking pipe! I haven't seen one with detail on the bamboo like that. What a work of art. Congrats on that PAD!
Back to top Go down
Zeno Marx

Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: New pot designated to Latakia blends   New pot designated to Latakia blends EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 11:39 am

Good on the bamboo accoutrements. Not easily tastefully done, but they have.
Back to top Go down

New pot designated to Latakia blends
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: PAD & TAD-
Jump to: