HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Castello Sea Rock KKKK

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Registration date : 2016-04-25

Castello Sea Rock KKKK Empty
PostSubject: Castello Sea Rock KKKK   Castello Sea Rock KKKK EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 6:39 pm

I received it today. I am not quite sure what to think of it yet as it's different than what I usually go for.
Of note, Castello's rustication is smashing!

Castello Sea Rock KKKK 20181111

Castello Sea Rock KKKK 20181112
Back to top Go down
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Castello Sea Rock KKKK   Castello Sea Rock KKKK EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 6:50 pm

Very nice, I have no rusticated pipes, time to upgrade the collection
Back to top Go down
BriarBeagle

BriarBeagle

Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Castello Sea Rock KKKK   Castello Sea Rock KKKK EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 6:51 pm

That sea rock finish is the bees knees!
Back to top Go down
SourMilk

SourMilk

Registration date : 2018-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Castello Sea Rock KKKK   Castello Sea Rock KKKK EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 6:52 pm

Right on, nice looking pipe.

How’s The draw? Mine is wide open, it’s like it smokes itself almost.
Back to top Go down
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

PostSubject: Re: Castello Sea Rock KKKK   Castello Sea Rock KKKK EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 7:03 pm

Thanks, guys! I didn't smoke it yet.
Back to top Go down
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Castello Sea Rock KKKK   Castello Sea Rock KKKK EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 7:15 pm

I love rusticated finishes. Sea Rock's are incredible. IMHO the best rustication in the business.

Excellent score.
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Castello Sea Rock KKKK   Castello Sea Rock KKKK EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 7:34 pm

Love the Sea Rock finish. I'll own one someday.

Cheers,

RR

Castello Sea Rock KKKK Purple11x 2Castello Sea Rock KKKK Bombx10  Castello Sea Rock KKKK Bombx7 Castello Sea Rock KKKK D6bddf10 Castello Sea Rock KKKK 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d Castello Sea Rock KKKK Cowboy13

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

PostSubject: Re: Castello Sea Rock KKKK   Castello Sea Rock KKKK EmptyWed Nov 21, 2018 7:54 am

Thanks, gents!

Question for the Castello enthousiasts, regrading the stamping. Between the 'Sea Rock' and 'Made in Canto Italy'. I see 'US' (which tells me the pipe was made for the North American market) and 'Kino' or 'Kina', inside a horizontal elipse.
Does anyone know what it refers to? I know, tough question, and it's still early.
Back to top Go down
SourMilk

SourMilk

Registration date : 2018-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Castello Sea Rock KKKK   Castello Sea Rock KKKK EmptyWed Nov 21, 2018 9:15 am

“Kino” was the son in law of Castello’s founder. Not sure what it denotes though.
Back to top Go down
daveinlax

daveinlax

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Castello Sea Rock KKKK   Castello Sea Rock KKKK EmptyWed Nov 21, 2018 9:54 am

SourMilk wrote:
“Kino” was the son in law of Castello’s founder. Not sure what it denotes though.
The Kino in the oval replaced the Carlo Scotti in the oval stamp in 2007 Castello's 60th anniversary. Nice looking pipe, it's sort of a version of the shape 65. IMO The best Sea Rock carvings come from the worst wood. The under carving is the key to a great SR finish. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Zanaspus

Zanaspus

Registration date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Castello Sea Rock KKKK   Castello Sea Rock KKKK EmptyWed Nov 21, 2018 10:24 am

Beautiful pipe!
Back to top Go down
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Castello Sea Rock KKKK   Castello Sea Rock KKKK EmptyWed Nov 21, 2018 12:11 pm

Yes, another beauty!
Back to top Go down
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

PostSubject: Re: Castello Sea Rock KKKK   Castello Sea Rock KKKK EmptyWed Nov 21, 2018 2:52 pm

daveinlax wrote:
SourMilk wrote:
The Kino in the oval replaced the Carlo Scotti in the oval stamp in 2007 Castello's 60th anniversary. Nice looking pipe, it's sort of a version of the shape 65. IMO The best Sea Rock carvings come from the worst wood. The under carving is the key to a great SR finish. Shocked  

Thanks for the info, Dave. After doing some research, I think he puts his nickname there because he's the one who designates the grades of all the pipes being made in the factory. So I guess it's kind of his seal of approval.
And it is a shape 65, with a # 293 end of shank, I was told.
Back to top Go down
riff raff

riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Castello Sea Rock KKKK   Castello Sea Rock KKKK EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 11:50 am

Everyone needs at last one Sea Rock, nice choice!
Back to top Go down

Castello Sea Rock KKKK
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: PAD & TAD-
Jump to: