HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Erinmore mixture

Go down 
AuthorMessage
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Erinmore mixture    Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:19 am

In the last 6 or 7 weeks that Iíve been been back on the briar. I have been ordering some tins that were out of the ordinary from my past favorites. Now I have taken back up where I left off with star of the east, 965, emp, red ribbon and a couple others. But for some reason aromatics are starting to appeal to me. I purchased a tin of cherry Ambrosia and I am really enjoying it. So on my last order I picked up a tin or Erinmore Mixture just to try it out. I have smoked two bowls of it today and was really surprised by it. It was a damn good smoke. About half way through both bowls it smoothed out and had a nice clean flavor with very little moisture in the bottom of the bowl. From everything I have read about this blend blend itís either love it or hate it with no in between. But right now Iím really liking this blend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Erinmore mixture    Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:06 am

I started to enjoy aromatics too which really surpised me. I tried some when I first started smoking a pipe back in '97. Then resisted them all together since thinking it was all bad. Now I try a few hear and there and enjoy 3 right now that scratches the itch.

Try Scotty's Trout Stream and Butternut Burley. I would say it s a better version 1Q and BCA.

One I love that is not super aromatic is Boswell Pipes Dan's Blend. Coolest Virginia I have ever smoked. You can puff like a smoke stack and not get tongue bite.

Since you like cherry try Cult's Blood Red Moon. Lot of new pipe converts I made at the local B&M love it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Erinmore mixture    Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:12 am

Thanks for the recommendations. I will definitely pick some of those up on my next order. The reviews of trout stream sounds very promising.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Registration date : 2016-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Erinmore mixture    Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:55 am

Erinmore Mixture does not have a lot of good reviews on TR (2.2 rating) and, frankly, I don't understand why.
Especially considering that since STG has taken over production from Murry's it can only have become much better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Erinmore mixture
Page 1 of 1