HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Storing Open Tobacco

Go down 
AuthorMessage
beeman86

beeman86

Registration date : 2014-08-02

Storing Open Tobacco Empty
PostSubject: Storing Open Tobacco   Storing Open Tobacco EmptySun Dec 02, 2018 6:06 pm

In my quest to find a new favorite tobacco after my old one became no longer available, I ordered several brands. Of course, now I have several opened tins.

What is the best way to store them now? I have put them in sealer jars but some of the jars are only half  filled. Will this tobacco keep for a while?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zanaspus

Zanaspus

Registration date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Storing Open Tobacco   Storing Open Tobacco EmptySun Dec 02, 2018 6:39 pm

Arguably, forever. Fill rate doesn't really matter. I've had lots of half full jars reseal themselves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Storing Open Tobacco   Storing Open Tobacco EmptySun Dec 02, 2018 9:27 pm

Well, I use the smallest jars possible, that's all. Round tins should be OK for a few to several months.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Storing Open Tobacco   Storing Open Tobacco EmptyMon Dec 03, 2018 7:54 am

As the contents of jars grows smaller I transfer them to smaller jars to reduce the headspace. I find that if the jar is under half full the 'baccy will accelerate the rate of dryness, depending on the individual 'baccy. Including and especially now, since I'v moved to a very low r/h climate.

Cheers,

RR

Storing Open Tobacco Purple11x 2Storing Open Tobacco Bombx10Storing Open Tobacco BombStoring Open Tobacco D6bddf10 Storing Open Tobacco 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Storing Open Tobacco   Storing Open Tobacco EmptyMon Dec 03, 2018 11:12 am

I only have 1/2 pint and quart sized jars, everything fits into one of those lol. Sometimes I feel like I'm over siding the 1/2 pints since they will just barely fit about 2 oz.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Storing Open Tobacco
Page 1 of 1