HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Death to Plumbers!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

Death to Plumbers! Empty
PostSubject: Death to Plumbers!   Death to Plumbers! EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 1:41 pm

Hot water in kitchen sink had reduced flow. Called “our” plumber to come and probably just clean out the cartridge in the faucet itself....one of those tall ones that goes up and then makes a U turn down toward the sink. Long pull down spray head. Designer black. Nice.

Turns out there’s really no debris buildup anywhere (checked three places) so...the faucet is broken somewhere inside and thneeds to be replaced.  The new Delta faucet is $220.00 at Home Depot...no mark up. Plus...the hot and cold spigot things that feed the sink faucet are old and shot and don’t turn off all the way...need replacing.

So by the time he’s done figuring things up we’re into this little job to the tune of about $950.00!

So Merry Christmas to Mr. and Mrs. Blackhorse. That’s our gift(s) to each other this year.

@&#%€§¥#$

Death to Plumbers! D6bddf10Death to Plumbers! 29400910Death to Plumbers! 114e6110Death to Plumbers! Ddb39b10Death to Plumbers! Cf77ce10Death to Plumbers! Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puffy

Puffy

Registration date : 2007-12-23

Death to Plumbers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death to Plumbers!   Death to Plumbers! EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 2:35 pm

Last time I had a plumber he re did the pipes under my house.It seems they were put in wrong when the house was built. Cost 1,500 dollars.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

Death to Plumbers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death to Plumbers!   Death to Plumbers! EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 2:42 pm

Sorry to hear this. It always seems to happen at the worst time! A similar plumbing problem happened to us at Thanksgiving. We called our plumber after the holiday so we wouldn't be stuck with holiday or emergency bills. They came on Monday (just like they said they would!) and determined that the drain needed cleaning. This after I just told them that I unclogged the P-trap. They decided to root out the line about 100 feet! They ran their auger through the line and found it clogged. Then they ran it through again and cleared it. Upon pulling the auger line back, I heard one of the guys exclaim, "uh oh, we lost the tip of the auger in the line". They then had to run their snake back through the line. The funny part was one of the guys had to open the septic to hear for a plop when the snake passed throught! So now there is an end of an auger somewhere in my septic tank! At least they didn't charge me double for their trouble!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

Death to Plumbers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death to Plumbers!   Death to Plumbers! EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 7:42 pm

Charlatans, all of them. Take a $100 job and turn it into $1000 just like that. They like to prey on folks that are not "Freddie Fix-It" and need the job done right now!

My advice - learn to do basic stuff yourself. It'll pay you back in the long run.

Cheers,

RR

Death to Plumbers! Purple11x 2Death to Plumbers! Bombx10  Death to Plumbers! Bombx4Death to Plumbers! D6bddf10 Death to Plumbers! 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

Death to Plumbers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death to Plumbers!   Death to Plumbers! EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 9:53 pm

Plumbing sucks. Lucky for me my best friend is a plumber. My son is redoing the master bathroom (not that big) and replacing the tub/shower to a tile shower so my mother-in-law can get in/out easier. Most time was spent on the f'ing plumbing. We have butelin(sp?) pipes so he replaced the water lines. Nice to have a plumber friend loan you the $225 crimping tool to marry the old water line to pex.

Other then tare out the drain is being centered took the most time because of the joist layout he had to reinforce and notch to relocate the drain. All that is left is backer board and tile. Or as my son says, the easy part.

5x10 bathroom and I think I have close to $900 in materials. Labor is free. Nice to have a son that knows what he is doing.

Talking to my buddy a lot of the guys are forced to quote retarded prices by their company. If you balk, a lot of them will do it on the side for a lot less.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Death to Plumbers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death to Plumbers!   Death to Plumbers! EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 10:14 pm

OK. I’ve written the check & bid farewell to my plumber friend. I’m better now. A beautifull state of the art Delta that has so many features it can almost slice bread. It’s warranteed for life.  I love it.  I better.  It’s my Christmas present.  Ho, Ho, Ho.  santa

Death to Plumbers! Defbf110

Death to Plumbers! D6bddf10Death to Plumbers! 29400910Death to Plumbers! 114e6110Death to Plumbers! Ddb39b10Death to Plumbers! Cf77ce10Death to Plumbers! Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

Death to Plumbers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death to Plumbers!   Death to Plumbers! EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 11:36 pm

Under a grand for two shut offs, a faucet and a licensed plumber in the Metro Area?

Not bad! cheers

Merry Christmas Santa! I'm wearing my Hum Pug sweatshirt for you! santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fumus

Fumus

Registration date : 2014-11-24

Death to Plumbers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death to Plumbers!   Death to Plumbers! EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 11:50 pm

Well, I got to admit, it is awful pretty and that high goose neck will come in handy for taller pots and things. afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

Death to Plumbers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death to Plumbers!   Death to Plumbers! EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 11:53 pm

Being a multicraft facilities technician I could do any repairs needed on just about everything, but when I became disabled and started having to hire friends to do the work, I finally tossed in the towel and am now renting a condo. Anything that needs replacing or repaired is the owner's responsibility now. My monthly outlay is fixed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Death to Plumbers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death to Plumbers!   Death to Plumbers! EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 12:19 am

Ozark Wizard wrote:
Under a grand for two shut offs, a faucet and a licensed plumber in the Metro Area?

Not bad! cheers

Merry Christmas Santa! I'm wearing my Hum Pug sweatshirt for you! santa

No fashion claims are accepted without photographic verification.

Ho Ho Ho!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

Death to Plumbers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death to Plumbers!   Death to Plumbers! EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 2:44 pm

If it makes you feel any better, during our kitchen remodel last year the plumber (who was a total idiot) got stuck underneath our house. The general contractor had to cut a fresh access hole in the subfloor and pull all 325 pounds of him out by the legs. Twisted Evil He was fired from the job shortly after. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Death to Plumbers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death to Plumbers!   Death to Plumbers! EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 3:12 pm

Yes actually. That DOES make me feel better.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
History Prof 1861

History Prof 1861

Registration date : 2016-10-16

Death to Plumbers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death to Plumbers!   Death to Plumbers! EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 7:16 pm

That’s pretty funny! jocolor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Death to Plumbers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death to Plumbers!   Death to Plumbers! EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 7:50 pm

They shoulda just left him in there.

Well...for a couple of days anyway. Oh wait! He was probably on the clock the whole time. Ouch.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

Death to Plumbers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death to Plumbers!   Death to Plumbers! EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 8:42 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
If it makes you feel any better, during our kitchen remodel last year the plumber (who was a total idiot) got stuck underneath our house. The general contractor had to cut a fresh access hole in the subfloor and pull all 325 pounds of him out by the legs. Twisted Evil  He was fired from the job shortly after.   cheers

Death to Plumbers! Homer-simpson-d-amp-039-oh_o_4299701

bom

Cheers,

RR

Death to Plumbers! Purple11x 2Death to Plumbers! Bombx10  Death to Plumbers! Bombx4Death to Plumbers! D6bddf10 Death to Plumbers! 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

Death to Plumbers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death to Plumbers!   Death to Plumbers! EmptyFri Dec 21, 2018 8:17 pm

Sweet, new plumbing story. Went to change or the washer hoses  (or washer finally arrived), because we didn't want to use the old cruddy ones. Simple enough job...right? The old hose was so corroded on that instead of unscrewing it the whole threaded part of the shut off valve snapped off! I didn't think to shut off the water at the mains because well there WAS a shut off valve right there. Water everywhere lol (yes I eventually shut off the main) Off to lowes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

Death to Plumbers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death to Plumbers!   Death to Plumbers! EmptyFri Dec 21, 2018 9:18 pm

oh my . . . that is no bueno
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

Death to Plumbers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death to Plumbers!   Death to Plumbers! EmptyFri Dec 21, 2018 10:33 pm

All good now lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vito

Vito

Registration date : 2007-12-10

Death to Plumbers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death to Plumbers!   Death to Plumbers! EmptySat Dec 22, 2018 8:49 pm

I've been doing all my own plumbing work since...well, forever.

Well...almost all of it. When we awoke on Christmas Eve morning a couple of years ago to find our dining room floor flooded (for the second time in five years), we decided it was time to do a complete repiping with thick-walled, U.S.-made copper pipe...and to hell with this California idiocy of burying copper in the concrete slab...aided and abetted by the morons in the county building department who require all concrete-embedded copper piping to be soft copper...which develops pinhole leaks.

We hired a company that specializes in copper re-piping, and they did an awesome job. It cost us a bit over $11K, but we'll never have another leak. They also replaced many of the fixtures while they were at it. They started two days after Christmas, and they were done before New Year's Eve. It was our Christmas present to ourselves for years to come.  Death to Plumbers! 710492

Other than that, I do my own work. I'm the only plumber I trust to do the job right — high-quality materials, excellent workmanship, and whatever it takes to get the job done without charging me a zillion buck$.

I dunno how much longer I'll be able to do it, what with this uncooperative spine. Fortunately, the plumbing work should be limited to replacing faucets and other fixtures. That's still doable.

Death to Plumbers! Newjok10
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.vitotuxedo.com/VitoSpace/Home/=index.html
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

Registration date : 2007-12-22

Death to Plumbers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death to Plumbers!   Death to Plumbers! EmptySat Dec 22, 2018 10:08 pm

How about death to plumbers crack? If they would make shirts longer we have to see any of those again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Death to Plumbers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death to Plumbers!   Death to Plumbers! EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 12:00 am

Hmmmm. Are there girl plumbers?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

Death to Plumbers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death to Plumbers!   Death to Plumbers! EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 12:29 am

Blackhorse wrote:
Hmmmm.  Are there girl plumbers?

Well yes and no. I pretty sure if they check out your pipes. We DON’T call them plumbers. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Death to Plumbers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death to Plumbers!   Death to Plumbers! EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 3:29 am

Journeyman Plumber...

Death to Plumbers! 04f73f10

Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

Death to Plumbers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death to Plumbers!   Death to Plumbers! EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 11:28 am

Blackhorse wrote:
Journeyman Plumber...

Death to Plumbers! 04f73f10

In all my plumbing mishaps, I can’t remember using a claw hammer to fix plastic pipes lol

But on the other hand the view is excellent
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fumus

Fumus

Registration date : 2014-11-24

Death to Plumbers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death to Plumbers!   Death to Plumbers! EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 4:17 pm

"In all my plumbing mishaps, I can’t remember using a claw hammer to fix plastic pipes lol"

What a rube.  You probably didn't even have the strappy black high heeled shoes neither. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Death to Plumbers!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next