HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Thinking about going to a fountain pen show

Go down 
AuthorMessage
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

Registration date : 2007-12-22

Thinking about going to a fountain pen show Empty
PostSubject: Thinking about going to a fountain pen show   Thinking about going to a fountain pen show EmptyFri Dec 14, 2018 1:15 am

I’m am seriously pondering the idea of attending a pen show this year.littlerock is in March but the Indy pen persons will not be there. Early May is Chicago and stlouis is in Late june. i was thinking maybe smoke a pipe hit a campground and relax a couple days.i know there’s a couple guys in the general area.

I’m also fixing to start looking for campgrounds in the ozarks to do some camping and fishin hopefully. Anyone have any yays or nays on this subjet.

I live in West Tennessee ripcode 38261 anyone has añy ideas. Or even if there is somewhere you’d like you would like to check out .

Thanks kj4unx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about going to a fountain pen show   Thinking about going to a fountain pen show EmptyFri Dec 14, 2018 7:17 am

I moved this thread here seeing as the subject matter was a better fit.

Cheers,

RR

Thinking about going to a fountain pen show Purple11x 2Thinking about going to a fountain pen show Bombx10  Thinking about going to a fountain pen show Bombx4Thinking about going to a fountain pen show D6bddf10 Thinking about going to a fountain pen show 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
Carlos
Admin
Carlos

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about going to a fountain pen show   Thinking about going to a fountain pen show EmptyFri Dec 14, 2018 9:04 am

Chicago usually falls upon the Chicago Pipe and Tobacco Show weekend. Pipes etc at Pheasant Run, and the Pen Show usually at a Holiday Inn east of O'Hare, I think.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about going to a fountain pen show   Thinking about going to a fountain pen show EmptyFri Dec 14, 2018 7:21 pm

Carlos wrote:
Chicago usually falls upon the Chicago Pipe and Tobacco Show weekend.  Pipes etc at Pheasant Run, and the Pen Show usually at a Holiday Inn east of O'Hare, I think.

I forgot all about the pipe show. I’ve been wanting to hit that up for years. It wouldn’t be hard to talk the wife into going to Chicago. She’s been begging to go to Chicago for years and even mentioned going to the pipe show. She wants to take Amtrak up there. So it’s very doable. But I think it falls on the arrl field day too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about going to a fountain pen show   Thinking about going to a fountain pen show EmptyFri Dec 14, 2018 7:24 pm

Brewdude wrote:
I moved this thread here seeing as the subject matter was a better fit.

Cheers,

RR

Thanks, I realized it was in the wrong place after I posted. Then got busy and forgot to mention it to a admin. Sorry I’ll try to pay more attention next time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin
Carlos

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about going to a fountain pen show   Thinking about going to a fountain pen show EmptyFri Dec 14, 2018 7:44 pm

ARRL Field Day is the 4th full weekend in June. So they are plenty of time apart.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about going to a fountain pen show   Thinking about going to a fountain pen show EmptyFri Dec 14, 2018 10:19 pm

Carlos wrote:
ARRL Field Day is the 4th full weekend in June.  So they are plenty of time apart.  

Yes sir, you are correct. I had my dates mixed up. I doubt I could make both of those events in the same weekend. The pipe show would be a great event to attend as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about going to a fountain pen show   Thinking about going to a fountain pen show EmptyFri Dec 14, 2018 11:04 pm

If you are looking to camp in the Ozarks, here is one place I know of that you might like.

www.mostateparks.com/campgrounds/bennett-spring-state-park
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about going to a fountain pen show   Thinking about going to a fountain pen show EmptySat Dec 15, 2018 1:26 am

Corncobcon wrote:
If you are looking to camp in the Ozarks, here is one place I know of that you might like.

www.mostateparks.com/campgrounds/bennett-spring-state-park

The wife and I have been looking at places to camp in the ozarks. We’ve tried for the last 2 years to make it over to mantuak state park. Just haven’t got there yet. We used to tent camp at Hawthorne’s in van burden and party down the current river but haven’t done that since 2003. Thanks for the link we’re always looking for recommendations on camp grounds
Back to top Go down
View user profile
daveinlax

daveinlax

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about going to a fountain pen show   Thinking about going to a fountain pen show EmptySat Dec 15, 2018 2:45 am

A lot of the fun of any collector show happens at the hotel after the show room closes. You won't get that slapping skeeters with Butthead sleeping at camp Tittybukaka. Shocked HaHaHa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about going to a fountain pen show   Thinking about going to a fountain pen show EmptySat Dec 15, 2018 10:05 am

daveinlax wrote:
A lot of the fun of any collector show happens at the hotel after the show room closes. You won't get that slapping skeeters with Butthead sleeping at camp Tittybukaka. Shocked  HaHaHa

But that’s such a long drive to Nicaragua although I hear lake Tittybukaka is beautiful in the early spring and lace fall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about going to a fountain pen show   Thinking about going to a fountain pen show EmptySat Dec 15, 2018 2:03 pm

I can’t afford to go to a pen show. Any pen show. Anywhere. Wink

Thinking about going to a fountain pen show D6bddf10Thinking about going to a fountain pen show 29400910Thinking about going to a fountain pen show 114e6110Thinking about going to a fountain pen show Ddb39b10Thinking about going to a fountain pen show Cf77ce10Thinking about going to a fountain pen show Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about going to a fountain pen show   Thinking about going to a fountain pen show EmptySat Dec 15, 2018 5:33 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
I can’t afford to go to a pen show.  Any pen show.  Anywhere. Wink

With my new PAD( pen acquisition disorder) I really shouldn’t either. If I want to continue to eat my wife’s cooking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Thinking about going to a fountain pen show
Page 1 of 1