HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Noodlers Ebonite and Whaleman’s Sepia

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

Noodlers Ebonite and Whaleman’s Sepia Empty
PostSubject: Noodlers Ebonite and Whaleman’s Sepia   Noodlers Ebonite and Whaleman’s Sepia EmptyWed Dec 26, 2018 12:13 am

Talk about a match made in New Bedford (or whatever)...my brilliant wife gave me a great gift. It’s a Noodlers Konrad Ebonite flex nib pen (color sez red but it’s really a nice rich mahogany) and a bottle of Noodlers Manjiro Nakahama Whaleman's Sepia ink. The ink has a really interesting history re how aJapanese sailor was rescued by a US ship and stayed. The ink is a copy of ink made from squid or something. It’s wet, permanent and pretty much exactly like what the on screen swatches look like on my screen...a rich red-brown mahogany.  The Konrad pen with its Ebonite barrel just sort of fits the theme somehow. It’s a very brilliant pairing.  I think both these items are currently exclusively from the Goulet site.

If you’re interested in the real story of Manjiro Nakahama, google the name or the full ink name.

Noodlers Ebonite and Whaleman’s Sepia 446e7310

Noodlers Ebonite and Whaleman’s Sepia F0e40f10

Noodlers Ebonite and Whaleman’s Sepia 6be53910

Noodlers Ebonite and Whaleman’s Sepia D6bddf10Noodlers Ebonite and Whaleman’s Sepia 29400910Noodlers Ebonite and Whaleman’s Sepia 114e6110Noodlers Ebonite and Whaleman’s Sepia Ddb39b10Noodlers Ebonite and Whaleman’s Sepia Cf77ce10Noodlers Ebonite and Whaleman’s Sepia Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Noodlers Ebonite and Whaleman’s Sepia   Noodlers Ebonite and Whaleman’s Sepia EmptyWed Dec 26, 2018 2:10 am

Nice looking pen. I have a noodlers flex nib and love it, it's my everyday day writer for now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Noodlers Ebonite and Whaleman’s Sepia   Noodlers Ebonite and Whaleman’s Sepia EmptyWed Dec 26, 2018 2:24 am

Great looking pen and nice ink too. I like the colors on both.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Noodlers Ebonite and Whaleman’s Sepia   Noodlers Ebonite and Whaleman’s Sepia EmptyWed Dec 26, 2018 11:19 am

That pen looks amazing and I love Noodler's graphics!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Noodlers Ebonite and Whaleman’s Sepia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: Pen & Parchment-
Jump to: