HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Fr_Tom

Fr_Tom

Registration date : 2013-05-29

It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission!   It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 6:23 am

Plane is loaded and waiting for the OK from the control tower to take off... Have a good run folks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission!   It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 11:31 am

Fr_Tom wrote:
Plane is loaded and waiting for the OK from the control tower to take off...   Have a good run folks.

Attention to Orders:  All pilots are now released from basic flight restrictions for this mission. It is recommended that the following criteria be used in setting your launch time...

A. How rural is your home field?  IOW: Does your flight have to go from small PO to larger distribution hub prior to being launched on its cross country journey?  What time of the day does your local facility send payloads off to the next connecting site?

B. What is the basic cross country flight distance to the target...how many transit days?

C. As in “A” - is the target rural...does delivery require going through a regional hub then local to achieve OFD status?

So A + B + C = Delivery Time.  DUH!  Generally this is about three days.  So for me, with the drop date being the 31st (a Thursday this month), my best guess is that I should be taking off on Tuesday morning.  For most other pilots the launch day will be either today or tomorrow (like me).  But if you’re really close it could be Wednesday I suppose.

And even though our goal is always to have all ordinance hit in the same delivery, our once strict regulations have softened over the years so that currently if bombs are a day on either side of the “hit date”...that’s OK.

All of the above is to say that using your best judgement...you now have a GO, GO, GO!!!

It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 D6bddf10It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 29400910It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 114e6110It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 Ddb39b10It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 Cf77ce10It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission!   It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 12:32 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
Fr_Tom wrote:
Plane is loaded and waiting for the OK from the control tower to take off...   Have a good run folks.

Attention to Orders:  All pilots are now released from basic flight restrictions for this mission. It is recommended that the following criteria be used in setting your launch time...

A. How rural is your home field?  IOW: Does your flight have to go from small PO to larger distribution hub prior to being launched on its cross country journey?  What time of the day does your local facility send payloads off to the next connecting site?

B. What is the basic cross country flight distance to the target...how many transit days?

C. As in “A” - is the target rural...does delivery require going through a regional hub then local to achieve OFD status?

So A + B + C = Delivery Time.  

Aaaagh!  scratch  MATH! Word problems. Wink

Last edited by DrT999 on Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission!   It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 1:57 pm

He got me at "rural"! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission!   It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 2:15 pm

If bomber #1 took off from Denver at 7:46 pm and is flying East at 427 mph with a headwind of 28 knots and a cargo load of 12,000 lbs...and bomber #2 took off from Rochester and is flying West on an intercept course at 327 mph with a tailwind of 18 knots and a cargo load of 4000 gallons of hydrogen gas...what is the likelihood that the whiskey in our target’s glass will be directly under the point at which the two planes crash mid-air?

AND (for extra credit) how many ice cubes will it take to keep a double shot in a 12 oz rocks glass at 38 F after the flaming wreckage from the crash explodes through the roof of the target’s man cave?

AND of all the bottles on display behind the bar what proof is needed for the contents to burst into flame during the ensuing conflagration?

I LOVE story problems.

It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 548ac110

It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 D6bddf10It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 29400910It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 114e6110It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 Ddb39b10It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 Cf77ce10It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

PostSubject: Re: It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission!   It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 4:21 pm

Oo, ooh, ooh, I got the answer to the first part...

The plane from Denver had to land at Manhattan, KS airport because it had too much weight on board. The plane from Rochester, (assume it's NY), was grounded because of the weather. And, the glass of booze was drunk by me! Laughing drunken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission!   It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 4:36 pm

Nice job Corny.  I’m not sure there’s really any definitive answers, so your being creative is the proper approach.

FYI:  My ship is in the air...currently going over Crater Lake I should think.  Nice clear day for flying.

It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 079d4410

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fr_Tom

Fr_Tom

PostSubject: Re: It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission!   It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 5:36 pm

Confirmation of takeoff is being relayed to HQ.
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission!   It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 6:07 pm

Rural to rural. Maybe Wednesday, maybe Friday for me. Wicked ice and snow may or may not impede travel.

Fuel status full and high octane.

The arrow is loosed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

PostSubject: Re: It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission!   It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 7:34 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
If bomber #1 took off from Denver at 7:46 pm and is flying East at 427 mph with a headwind of 28 knots and a cargo load of 12,000 lbs...and bomber #2 took off from Rochester and is flying West on an intercept course at 327 mph with a tailwind of 18 knots and a cargo load of 4000 gallons of hydrogen gas...what is the likelihood that the whiskey in our target’s glass will be directly under the point at which the two planes crash mid-air?

AND (for extra credit) how many ice cubes will it take to keep a double shot in a 12 oz rocks glass at 38 F after the flaming wreckage from the crash explodes through the roof of the target’s man cave?

AND of all the bottles on display behind the bar what proof is needed for the contents to burst into flame during the ensuing conflagration?

I LOVE story problems.

It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 548ac110

7?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission!   It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 7:40 pm

Having been early on the drop for more than a few missions I will hold fire until I see the whites of their eyes!

It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 51QubDJHecL

Cheers,

RR

It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 Purple11x 2It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 Bombx10  It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 Bombx5It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 D6bddf10 It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission!   It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 8:46 pm

Did a quick check on the cluster bombs to make sure they were seated properly. Sortie first thing in the morning!!! My god this is going to be a massacre . . .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

PostSubject: Re: It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission!   It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 10:11 pm

Ozark Wizard wrote:
Rural to rural. Maybe Wednesday, maybe Friday for me. Wicked ice and snow may or may not impede travel.

Fuel status full and high octane.

The arrow is loosed.

My postmaster said the same thing! I'm glad I had to go to town today. I had to beat the frigid temps and high winds, and get some things done. Now my truck is in the garage, food is in the fridge,the woodburning stove is all stoked up, and my pipe is lit. Oh yeah, my package is sent!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission!   It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 10:37 pm

No package is officially “sent” til I have the tracking data.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

PostSubject: Re: It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission!   It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 10:52 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
No package is officially “sent” til I have the tracking data.  

Yes, Sir. Sorry, Sir. Data sent to PM, Sir!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Timbo

Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission!   It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 3:30 am

Bird is loaded and on the runway awaiting clearence from control for takeoff. Will advise once in the air.

Cheers all

Tim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fr_Tom

Fr_Tom

PostSubject: Re: It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission!   It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 10:04 am

I hope everyone is packing electric flight suits for this mission. Locally the predicted high for tomorrow is -18 F I think.

Be careful out there.
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission!   It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 10:59 am

Fr_Tom wrote:
I hope everyone is packing electric flight suits for this mission. Locally the predicted high for tomorrow is -18 F I think.

Be careful out there.

Ahhh...the Pacific Northwest...today in Portland we’re looking forward to a sunny 50 F.  

Wow! It’s like a sliding scale right up the Pacific Coast.

Today’s temp, on or close to the coast - within a degree of the following:

70 F in Los Angeles, California...
65 F in Santa Barbara...
60 F in San Francisco...
60 F in Medford, Oregon...
55 F in Brookings...
55 F. in Roseburg...
50 F in Portland...
50 F in Seattle...
45 F in Vancouver, BC...
45 F in Prince Rupert...
40 F in Ketchikan, Alaska...
40 F in Juneau.

North of there, who cares?  Fatman is gone, bless his soul.

Last edited by Blackhorse on Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission!   It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 11:03 am

Sent and tracking data transmitted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission!   It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 11:16 am

Weapons free! Weapons free!

It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 ?u=http%3A%2F%2F2.bp.blogspot.com%2F-WU6iQG2iclc%2FToouLAo9unI%2FAAAAAAAAEZE%2FZXMuTmVjoTo%2Fs1600%2FDuck%2Band%2Bcover
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission!   It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 12:56 pm

Mission commenced; bird awaiting takeoff. Tracking data transmitted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission!   It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 1:44 pm

Things are cranking up here, gentlemen.

https://youtu.be/SA2ctPQLWy0

And more fun, complete with bombs!

https://youtu.be/R8LXGwlHuPI

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BriarBeagle

BriarBeagle

Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission!   It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 2:22 pm

Bird is away!

Tracking intel being forwarded to B.O.B.S.A.C.

Beagle...out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission!   It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 5:52 pm

Intel send now this is fixing to happen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
glassjapan

glassjapan

Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission!   It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission! - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 7:48 pm

Bombs away and tracking sent....  cherry cherry cherry cherry cherry cherry cherry cherry cherry cherry cherry cherry cherry cherry
Back to top Go down
View user profile

It’s the New Year Nitro-Nastiness Mission!
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next