HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Fatbergs in British sewers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bub

Bub

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Fatbergs in British sewers Empty
PostSubject: Fatbergs in British sewers   Fatbergs in British sewers EmptyTue Jan 08, 2019 9:55 pm

I have been following articles about fatbergs in British sewers for several years.
Every time I find another I post it on the BOB because looks so ridiculous.
Well, here is another.
https://www.npr.org/2019/01/08/683359201/massive-fatberg-found-blocking-sewer-in-british-seaside-town

I am sure that this must be a problem in many countries, but most of the articles deal with British sewers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Fatbergs in British sewers   Fatbergs in British sewers EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 11:10 am

Sounds like forcing restaurants to install grease traps and residents not dumping grease down the loo would help
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SourMilk

SourMilk

Registration date : 2018-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Fatbergs in British sewers   Fatbergs in British sewers EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 6:40 pm

Hahaha, good lord. I canít imagine what an awful job that is to remove. I also love the description of what happened to the London chunks on display. I assume/hope it was in a sealed container.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Fatbergs in British sewers   Fatbergs in British sewers EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 6:48 pm

Not pretty, eh? As you may well imagine, the situation is very bad in London where they have teams whose sole job it is to break the bergs up and remove them. Some of the bergs are huge. I guess folks just need educating?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
History Prof 1861

History Prof 1861

Registration date : 2016-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Fatbergs in British sewers   Fatbergs in British sewers EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 6:57 pm

There used to be a show on worst jobs in history with Tony Robinson. The episode on the tudors included a segment on the battle the sewer workers waged to keep the sewers of London clear. It seems this is a reoccurring issue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Fatbergs in British sewers   Fatbergs in British sewers EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 12:02 am

Looks like someone needs to lay off the fish-n-chips, kidney pies and bangers and mash.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Fatbergs in British sewers   Fatbergs in British sewers EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 12:40 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
Looks like someone needs to lay off the fish-n-chips, kidney pies and bangers and mash.

But they're our national dishes lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Fatbergs in British sewers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: