HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Squadron Leader MIA?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hal Ling

Hal Ling

Registration date : 2019-01-16

PostSubject: Squadron Leader MIA?   Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:30 pm

Good afternoon. I have just started dipping my toes into English blends and after reading quite a few positive reviews on Squadron Leader, I decided I wanted to hunt down a tin but it seems like there is none available -at least for the moment.

My question is, could someone who has had their finger on the tobacco supply pulse longer than I have please tell me what the situation is with this tobacco's availability? Has stock temporarily dried up due to panic-buying? Has production of it ceased entirely? I just don't want to chase rainbows if there is no hope for getting to the pot of gold at the end.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Hal Ling on Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Squadron Leader MIA?   Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:59 pm

Just another case of the SG and G&H (now one company again) being out of product again. Their production is all in one warehouse with separated facilities. Production is limited. Keep looking; it'll show up again!! cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hal Ling

Hal Ling

Registration date : 2019-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Squadron Leader MIA?   Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:23 pm

ftrplt wrote:
Just another case of the SG and G&H (now one company again) being out of product again. Their production is all in one warehouse with separated facilities. Production is limited. Keep looking; it'll show up again!! cheers FTRPLT

Thanks! I'll on the lookout for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Squadron Leader MIA?   Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:58 am

Hal Ling wrote:
ftrplt wrote:

Thanks! I'll on the lookout for it.

If you haven't tried it, Presbyterian is somewhat similar and is currently available.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Squadron Leader MIA?   Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:15 am

ftrplt wrote:

This^.

SG and G&H tobacco supplies ebb and flow. According to Bob Gregory, there's a shipment looming.

Cup o' Joes had a load of G&H tins today, although they did sell out quick. That tends to happen when the hoarders feel as though there's a sense of impending doom. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Squadron Leader MIA?   Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:36 am

You might try eacarey.co.uk their Castle Blend is made by Samuel Gawith. Its supposedly their version of squadron leader. I'm having issues with my internet connection right now so I can't see if they currently have any in stock but I have had good luck with them having their "private" lable blends on hand.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Squadron Leader MIA?
Page 1 of 1