HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Meeting my brother for the first time.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BriarBeagle

BriarBeagle

Registration date : 2016-11-08

Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting my brother for the first time.   Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 1:49 pm

What an incredible story, David. Hope the reunion goes well for you.

BB
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Meeting my brother for the first time.   Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 5:19 pm

Amazing! Enjoy your meeting!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SourMilk

SourMilk

Registration date : 2018-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Meeting my brother for the first time.   Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 5:59 pm

Wild news, hope the visit goes well! ...and also great about no genetic predispositions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jevverrett

Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Meeting my brother for the first time.   Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 6:22 pm

Thatís quite amazing. Twins separated at birth. Itís like a bad soap opera. Iím sure you must have many questions in your mind. I canít imagine how one would pick a twin to give up, let alone why. Good luck, I hope the experience is fulfilling for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Meeting my brother for the first time.   Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 7:26 pm

Oooh today's today, look forward to hearing about the experience.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jevverrett

Jevverrett

PostSubject: Re: Meeting my brother for the first time.   Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 7:58 pm

Being made aware of this has made me want to get a test for me and my wife. You never know what youíll find, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Meeting my brother for the first time.   Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 2:43 am

How did it go Mr BH? Been thinking of you....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Meeting my brother for the first time.   Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 3:28 am

Spent the day with my brother and his son. Couldnít have gone any better. Aside from the unique physical aspects we share with numerous other members of the family there were many likes, hobbies, interests, etc. plus things about our children that I share with them that are WAY too close to be coincidental. Both of us felt relaxed and comfortable with each other. The whole thing is mind boggling.

Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 D6bddf10Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 29400910Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 114e6110Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 Ddb39b10Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 Cf77ce10Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Timbo

Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Meeting my brother for the first time.   Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 6:22 am

Thatís awesome news mate, hereís hoping itís a promising start to a new chapter in your kife.

Molto cheers

Tim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Meeting my brother for the first time.   Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 3:00 pm

That is just so cool. I'm glad it worked out for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Meeting my brother for the first time.   Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 3:33 pm

Howís this little addendum:

Both sides of my biological family have multigenerational histories of being long lived. They typically go over 90 y.o. and remain active and clear til they just topple over. My father passed at 94 and ďmomĒ is 92...socially active, lives alone & takes care of herself just fine...drives herself to her friends for cards and drinks (loves her daily whiskey!). My brother is taking her on a cruise to Hawaii soon, which sheís looking forward to. Cool!

So you bums will have me heckling and causing general mayhem around here for quite some time! Heh, heh, heh.

Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 D6bddf10Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 29400910Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 114e6110Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 Ddb39b10Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 Cf77ce10Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Meeting my brother for the first time.   Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 5:05 pm

Glad to hear it went well and that you will love forever lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Meeting my brother for the first time.   Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 6:44 pm

Blackhorse wrote:

So you bums will have me heckling and causing general mayhem around here for quite some time! †Heh, heh, heh.

Well, I think we can live with that.

So glad it went well for you, Dave. Just goes to show you never know what's around the corner. Sometimes we get dealt a rotten hand, others we come up trumps. So pleased for you Mr BH.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Meeting my brother for the first time.   Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 6:53 pm

What a kick Dave. Learning about family you never knew you had until just now. Hope you can arrange to meet everyone else, including and especially your biological mom.

So does your brother resemble you physically?

Cheers,

RR

Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 Purple11x 2Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 Bombx10Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 BombMeeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 BombMeeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 D6bddf10 Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Meeting my brother for the first time.   Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 7:02 pm

Brewdude wrote:
What a kick Dave. Learning about family you never knew you had until just now. Hope you can arrange to meet everyone else, including and especially your biological mom.

Cheers,

RR

In some ways yes, in some ways no. If we stood side by side itís unlikely that you would think weíre brothers...but we both have certain things that very few other people in the general population have. Most notably a gap between our front teeth...which both Mom and one sister have as well. But other things as well. Plus, every person that has seen pics of my nephew and my son say they really resemble each other. But thatís kind of a generalized thing instead of very specific things.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Meeting my brother for the first time.   Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 7:19 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
Brewdude wrote:

Cheers,

RR

In some ways yes, in some ways no. †If we stood side by side itís unlikely that you would think weíre brothers...but we both have certain things that very few other people in the general population have. Most notably a gap between our front teeth...which both Mom and one sister have as well. But other things as well. †Plus, every person that has seen pics of my nephew and my son say they really resemble each other. †But thatís kind of a generalized thing instead of very specific things.

In any event, good to know things are working out!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Jevverrett

Jevverrett

PostSubject: Re: Meeting my brother for the first time.   Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 6:30 pm

It makes me glad to know this is going well for you. I hope you can build relationship there. Coming from a large family, I can tell you it is one of the joys in life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Meeting my brother for the first time.   Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 9:41 pm

Jevverrett wrote:
It makes me glad to know this is going well for you. I hope you can build relationship there. Coming from a large family, I can tell you it is one of the joys in life.

Agreed.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Meeting my brother for the first time.   Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 12:11 am

This is a amazing story. Iím glad that itís coming up roses for you. Does your brother like pipes too?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin
Carlos

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Meeting my brother for the first time.   Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 12:13 am

Very cool!

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Meeting my brother for the first time.   Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 1:16 am

Most excellent sir! Sounds like your reunion went well! Congratulations cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zanaspus

Zanaspus

Registration date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Meeting my brother for the first time.   Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 9:28 am

Dave, this story belongs on Sunday Morning! Call them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Meeting my brother for the first time.   Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 9:49 am

Zanaspus wrote:

If they want the story out to the general public, have 23andme pay them to use their story in ads. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Zanaspus

Zanaspus

Registration date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Meeting my brother for the first time.   Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 11:07 am

DrT999 wrote:
Zanaspus wrote:

If they want the story out to the general public, have 23andme pay them to use their story in ads. Cool

Good call.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Meeting my brother for the first time.   Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 12:12 pm

My story is actually not that unusual for 23andMe. Currently over 12 million people have used one of the big four DNA testing systems and that has resulted in quite a number finding blood relatives.

Plus - we are not interested in having our story made public.

My birth mother (92 y.o.) is not aware of this and neither of us has worked out whether she will ever be told. †For over seventy years it has been our parents choice not to bring this forward - and we are currently honoring that choice...privately.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Meeting my brother for the first time.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: