HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Meeting my brother for the first time.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting my brother for the first time.   Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 2:32 pm

Good call, and very honorable. Tip of the hat to you both.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Meeting my brother for the first time.   Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 4:16 pm

Ozark Wizard wrote:
Good call, and very honorable. Tip of the hat to you both.

What he said; makes a lot of sense
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Meeting my brother for the first time.   Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 5:04 pm

Agreed. That clearly was a very hard decision she had to make.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
peanubutter

peanubutter

Registration date : 2019-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Meeting my brother for the first time.   Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2019 3:37 pm

That turned out great and is very inspiring. This entices me to do the same now. Thank you for sharing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Meeting my brother for the first time.   Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2019 4:05 pm

peanubutter wrote:
That turned out great and is very inspiring. This entices me to do the same now. Thank you for sharing.

Not a problem. Still kinda stunned by the whole thing.

Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 3 D6bddf10Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 3 29400910Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 3 114e6110Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 3 Ddb39b10Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 3 Cf77ce10Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 3 Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Penguin

Penguin

Registration date : 2019-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Meeting my brother for the first time.   Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 2:40 pm

I read this thread with great interest as it unfolded much like a short story. I do hope things have gone well for you and your newfound relations in the weeks that have passed, Blackhorse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Meeting my brother for the first time.   Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 4:27 pm

Iíve only met my brother and his son in person that one time...and a sister via a short phone call. Following that initial meeting, after my brother went back to San Francisco, Iíve only heard from him once. That in response to some photos I sent him. He hasnít given me his address or phone number. Disappointing.

Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 3 D6bddf10Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 3 29400910Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 3 114e6110Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 3 Ddb39b10Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 3 Cf77ce10Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 3 Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Meeting my brother for the first time.   Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 4:33 pm

Sorry to hear that . . .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Meeting my brother for the first time.   Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 4:41 pm

GeoffC wrote:
Sorry to hear that . . .

Well, he WAS going on some cruise thing with ďmomĒ which might be getting in the way. And, not to be a whiner, the finding, the knowing and the meeting are all FAR more than I had before. And I never expected ANYTHING. So - Que sera sera.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SteveMKentucky

SteveMKentucky

Registration date : 2018-03-23

PostSubject: Wow   Meeting my brother for the first time. - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2019 8:51 am

Just found this thread. I missed it somehow when I perused the topics somehow.

What an interesting story. One would like to think that the meeting with an unknown sibling would be a wonderful thing, but of course it could go the other way too.

I have an estranged brother who abandoned the family some years ago. Very strange thing as he abandoned his Mother, his sister, me and even his biological daughter. Mental issues are certainly at play. I mention it only because even close family ties can come unravelled. Ours certainly did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Meeting my brother for the first time.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: