HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Credit card number stolen!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

Credit card  number stolen! Empty
PostSubject: Credit card number stolen!   Credit card  number stolen! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 8:35 pm

This really sucks! My cc company has stopped my account and will issue a new card. Now I have to check all my accounts and change passwords. My cc company said they found that the five purchases were done by someone working for a lumber company in Louisianna! I hope they prosecute the baxtards. I haven't figured out where or when this all happened, but I think it was either from a gas station or possibly on line somewhere. Hopefully this won't happen again. Just waiting for my new card to come. When I does come in, I probably will be afraid to use it online. This really pisses me off. Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Credit card number stolen!   Credit card  number stolen! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 9:02 pm

Been down this route a time or three Evil or Very Mad I always check the gas pump CC slot before I insert my card. One time my CC credit union replaced the card because of some event that compromised a whole bunch of accounts. The other time someone in Maryland charged small amounts ($20 or less) against my card number. The CU caught it, but I had to get a new card. A real PITA to have to go back and amend all those accounts that use the card. I use PayPal whenever I can online.

The major problem in this country is that we still don't use "chip and pin," we mainly use "chip and sign" or still use "swipe and sign." Somehow these thieves can get your CC info. I've never gotten a straightforward explanation from any financial institution as to how they do it cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Credit card number stolen!   Credit card  number stolen! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 9:37 pm

Skimmers at gas stations are a real problem around here. Sorry man, I know it is a big hassle. Could be a lot worse. Sister had identity theft and they said it would be easier to get a new SSN rather then straighten out her credit history.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
peanubutter

peanubutter

Registration date : 2019-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Credit card number stolen!   Credit card  number stolen! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 9:54 pm

The wife had her CC charged to and had to change everything. These people stealing information suck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Credit card number stolen!   Credit card  number stolen! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 2:07 am

Yup, happened to me last year. Mayhem! Hope you get it sorted soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Credit card number stolen!   Credit card  number stolen! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 5:41 pm

Not the best news, Corncobcon. Hope it all settles down soon for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Credit card number stolen!   Credit card  number stolen! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 7:30 pm

Had this happen to me. Made me more wary going forward.

Hope it gets resolved soon Con.

Cheers,

RR

Credit card  number stolen! Purple11x 2Credit card  number stolen! Bombx10  Credit card  number stolen! Bombx6Credit card  number stolen! D6bddf10 Credit card  number stolen! 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

PostSubject: Re: Credit card number stolen!   Credit card  number stolen! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 8:55 pm

I couldn't get anything done today because the post office didn't deliver any mail today.  Apparently it was too icy out on the roads!  Still waiting on my new cc also.  I guess that when it is too icy out for the school to be closed and no busses running, it means that the mail doesn't get delivered either!  I think I'll go drink something stonger than coffee! cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Credit card number stolen!   Credit card  number stolen! EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 3:47 am

Conrad, they most likely nailed you at a gas station. If you pay at the pump you will eventually get skimmed. I will not get gas anywhere that I can't pay inside. I do lots of late night driving and will gladly pay a few cents a gallon more to be able to gas up and pay a person. I hope you get this sorted quickly and can keep your new number protected.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

PostSubject: Re: Credit card number stolen!   Credit card  number stolen! EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 3:23 pm

I received my new CC in the mail today. Now I can call all the places I called last Friday to cancel my old CC and give them the new info. I guess one could say I'm on the road to recovery! bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Credit card number stolen!   Credit card  number stolen! EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 5:13 pm

Cool! Looks things are coming up Conrad! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Credit card number stolen!   Credit card  number stolen! EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 7:09 pm

One fortunate thing about this is that your bank/issuing establishment replaces the card within a day or two. It's happened to me several times, and one of those times was right before I made the move from WA to AZ. The bank had my new card to me in plenty of time, bless their hearts!

Cheers,

RR

Credit card  number stolen! Purple11x 2Credit card  number stolen! Bombx10  Credit card  number stolen! Bombx6Credit card  number stolen! D6bddf10 Credit card  number stolen! 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
peanubutter

peanubutter

Registration date : 2019-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Credit card number stolen!   Credit card  number stolen! EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 11:11 pm

Just had an alert sent to my phone about a fraud purchase to Access Secure Deposit for $309.95. Looked that up on-line and it is for sending money to someone in jail. Cool that the card company caught that and froze the account, and I have already canceled the card and a new one is on the way. Luckily I don't have any auto-pay on the card so I got that going for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

PostSubject: Re: Credit card number stolen!   Credit card  number stolen! EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 4:36 pm

peanubutter wrote:
Just had an alert sent to my phone about a fraud purchase to Access Secure Deposit for $309.95. Looked that up on-line and it is for sending money to someone in jail. Cool that the card company caught that and froze the account, and I have already canceled the card and a new one is on the way. Luckily I don't have any auto-pay on the card so I got that going for me.

Thanks for reminding me that I do have another auto-pay account I forgot about. I'll take care of that one also and then I should be done getting everything back to where it should be. It all has gone smoothly so far, except for one bozo at a bank. That person couldn't understand what I was trying to do. I finally asked to speak with someone else and they got me all straightened out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Credit card number stolen!
Page 1 of 1