HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Tobaccoreviews.com coming to an end?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hal Ling

Hal Ling

Registration date : 2019-01-16

Tobaccoreviews.com coming to an end? Empty
PostSubject: Tobaccoreviews.com coming to an end?   Tobaccoreviews.com coming to an end? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 7:08 pm

I just saw this posted in a tobacco group on FB:
Gentlemen,
I have recently realized through a FB conversation that the fantastic website Tobacco Reviews is in danger of folding now that Pipes and Tobaccos Magazine is closing up. In a panic I emailed the site and got this response :

"Unlike the magazine, this web site actually makes money, and thus commands market value. Here's hoping someone will buy it and continue it.

I await developments, like everyone else. There's nothing we can do about any of it, except wait and see.

Stay tuned!

Cliff Nelson

admin, tobaccoreviews.com"

That's straight from the horse's mouth.
So, Smokingpipes.com and Laudisi Distribution Group....what's up ???

Sooooo, Iím not sure what can be done but I thought I would spread the news in case someone with the ability to act on this information can do so.

It will be a sad day indeed should we lose this resource.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Tobaccoreviews.com coming to an end?   Tobaccoreviews.com coming to an end? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 9:26 pm

I'm watching....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Tobaccoreviews.com coming to an end?   Tobaccoreviews.com coming to an end? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 10:01 pm

Marty Pulvers mentioned the situation with P&T magazine. I didn't even think about the TR website!! Damn. I have asked the P&T folks what they are going to do about long/longer term subscription holders as to will we get some $$$ returned to us for undelivered magazines. FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Tobaccoreviews.com coming to an end?   Tobaccoreviews.com coming to an end? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 10:26 pm

I used to buy P&T at the local book store. After they quit selling the magazine that way and went subscription only. I never bought another issue. I enjoyed getting them that way. I really hope we donít loose tobacco reviews itís a great and useful site. I use it several times a week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Tobaccoreviews.com coming to an end?   Tobaccoreviews.com coming to an end? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 10:34 pm

I was told that when P&T's last issue comes out, refunds for unfilled subscriptions will happen.

I would sure hate to see TR go. I've put a ton of work into it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
History Prof 1861

History Prof 1861

Registration date : 2016-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Tobaccoreviews.com coming to an end?   Tobaccoreviews.com coming to an end? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 7:33 am

Jim

Your and other members of this forum who have contributed to both sites are a great resources when it comes to helping me spend my hard earned income on a new unknown blend.

Maybe we can develop a formal review/discussion section here

Thank all of the reviewers for your hard work
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fr_Tom

Fr_Tom

Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Tobaccoreviews.com coming to an end?   Tobaccoreviews.com coming to an end? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 8:35 am

JimInks wrote:
I was told that when P&T's last issue comes out, refunds for unfilled subscriptions will happen.

I would sure hate to see TR go. I've put a ton of work into it.

I would hate to see TR go as well. I find it very helpful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
Hal Ling

Hal Ling

Registration date : 2019-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Tobaccoreviews.com coming to an end?   Tobaccoreviews.com coming to an end? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 10:00 am

Someone else has provided this link

https://web.archive.org/web/20190114131851/http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/browse

as a back up plan should the actual site be taken down -but obviously no new reviews would be possible.

I guess we wait and see.....

Last edited by Hal Ling on Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Tobaccoreviews.com coming to an end?   Tobaccoreviews.com coming to an end? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 1:10 pm

I am truly going to miss P&T!! Crying or Very sad Just not enough subscription holders is what I understand. Losing TR.com would just rub salt into the wound Mad FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zanaspus

Zanaspus

Registration date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Tobaccoreviews.com coming to an end?   Tobaccoreviews.com coming to an end? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 1:15 pm

I pray for its survival, but having witnessed the demise of Snuffreviews.com, I'm scared.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Tobaccoreviews.com coming to an end?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: