HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Back in the game!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
scottbtdmb

scottbtdmb

Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back in the game! Empty
PostSubject: Back in the game!   Back in the game! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2019 7:45 pm

Long time BoB’er here....joined in 2009, but stopped smoking a pipe a few years back.  Recently, I have gotten back into the hobby, and just wanted to say a quick hey, and see if any of the old schoolers are still hanging around?  Looking forward to reconnecting with some Brothers and meeting some of the new school crowd as well.  A lot has changed for me since I last posted.  I got married in 2015 and bought a house a few years back as well.  I now have a nice screened in deck to enjoy my pipes on and a nice man cave in the basement that houses my pipe cabinet and my small cellar.  I sold a good deal of my pipes and tobaccos years back, but part of the fun now is finding that my tastes have changed (with pipes and tobaccos).  It’ll be fun to see where TAD and PAD take me this time of around.  Twisted Evil

Regards,
Scott
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BriarBeagle

BriarBeagle

Registration date : 2016-11-08

Back in the game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the game!   Back in the game! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2019 8:06 pm

Welcome back, brother! I'm kind of a "new school" guy here, but let me be the first to welcome you home. We're always happy to have some fresh blood around these parts, even if it is recycled. cheers

Look forward to following your PAD / TAD adventures.

Beagle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zanaspus

Zanaspus

Registration date : 2009-12-27

Back in the game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the game!   Back in the game! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2019 8:35 pm

Welcome back! I've done the pipe "dropout" often in my life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

Back in the game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the game!   Back in the game! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2019 8:50 pm

Good to have you back Scott.

Cheers,

RR

Back in the game! Purple11x 2Back in the game! Bombx10  Back in the game! Bombx5Back in the game! D6bddf10 Back in the game! 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

Back in the game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the game!   Back in the game! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2019 9:25 pm

Welcome back!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

Back in the game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the game!   Back in the game! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2019 9:32 pm

Welcome back, hope you find the site to be at least as good as it was when you left it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

Back in the game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the game!   Back in the game! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2019 10:10 pm

Welcome back to your old stomping ground. Keep us informed on your PAD/TAD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Timbo

Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

Back in the game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the game!   Back in the game! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2019 10:28 pm

Welcome back to the fold. If you’re a Latakia lover, can I suggest finding some Plum Pudding by the Seattle Pipe Club to restart your TAD. It is an exceptionally well balanced blend.

Cheers

Tim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
History Prof 1861

History Prof 1861

Registration date : 2016-10-16

Back in the game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the game!   Back in the game! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2019 11:03 pm

Welcome back!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

Back in the game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the game!   Back in the game! EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 2:30 am

Welcome home, Scott.

Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

Back in the game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the game!   Back in the game! EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 12:15 pm

Scott!

Back in the game! D6bddf10Back in the game! 29400910Back in the game! 114e6110Back in the game! Ddb39b10Back in the game! Cf77ce10Back in the game! Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scottbtdmb

scottbtdmb

Back in the game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the game!   Back in the game! EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 12:23 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
Scott!

Haha just sent you a lengthy reply in the Gawith Hoggarth thread that I started, but thanks for remembering me lol! It’s good to be back and hope you are well!

-Scott
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

Back in the game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the game!   Back in the game! EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 12:26 pm

Welcome back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

Back in the game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the game!   Back in the game! EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 12:32 pm

Welcome back from a newish guy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back in the game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the game!   Back in the game! EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 1:03 pm

Welcome back to the fold!!!! Sounds like all is well with you!! cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

Back in the game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the game!   Back in the game! EmptyFri Mar 08, 2019 10:41 pm

Welcome back Scott! Be warned the tobacco landscape has changed a lot since you were last here. Lots of blends are gone, lots of blends are new too. I hope you enjoy your PAD and TAD. If you find something you enjoy stock up it may disappear sooner than you think.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scottbtdmb

scottbtdmb

Back in the game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the game!   Back in the game! EmptyFri Mar 08, 2019 11:38 pm

huffelpuff wrote:
Welcome back Scott! Be warned the tobacco landscape has changed a lot since you were last here. Lots of blends are gone, lots of blends are new too. I hope you enjoy your PAD and TAD. If you find something you enjoy stock up it may disappear sooner than you think.

Jim

That is a good point Jim.  So much has changed since I have been on hiatus from pipe smoking.  McClelland’s closed up shop, Syrian Latakia supply finally ran out, and Faders in Baltimore closed up shop (one of my fave B&M haunts back in the day).  Worse still, many friends from pipe clubs or message forums have since passed away!  It has been wonderful getting back into the hobby, but depressing at the same time.  Also, there are certain pipes and tobaccos that I sold off that I wish I hadn’t, although it has been sort of exciting starting from scratch again and enjoying that feeling of satisfying PAD and TAD needs.  Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome again...this was always my favorite forum, and it is nice to be back again!

-Scott
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Back in the game!
Page 1 of 1