HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Diamine - amazing stuff

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

Diamine - amazing stuff Empty
PostSubject: Diamine - amazing stuff   Diamine - amazing stuff EmptyMon Mar 11, 2019 1:15 pm

Just picked up two new bizarro Diamine inks to make a set of four out of the two I’d gotten some time back.  These are made in Liverpool like all Diamine inks - but these started out as being exclusively for a German Pen Shop.  Now you can get ‘em on Amazon.  

These are made to produce sheen.  Extreme sheen.  Not that anything can outdo Organic Studio “Nitrogen” - very likely the most easily sheeting ink on the planet...nearly with any pen on any paper.  Amazing stuff.  If you don’t have a bottle, you really do need one.

What is “sheen”?

https://fountainpenlove.com/fountain-pen-ink/what-is-sheen-in-fountain-pen-ink/

Here’s the four...all Diamine.  They are $7.50/30ml on Amazon.

November Rain (gorgeous deep green with crimson sheen)
Skull and Roses (dark blue with red sheen)
Smoke on the Water (dark emerald with shiny pink sheen)
Purple Rain (rich purple with metallic gold sheen)

Here are some pics.  Keep in mind that they will do wildly different things on different papers.  Most often a significant amount of liquid ink needs to sit on and dry on the paper’s surface.  So absorbent paper is out...paper like Tomoe River or maybe coated stock of some kind is best.

Anyway...

Diamine - amazing stuff 69bc8810
Diamine - amazing stuff 78b46310
Diamine - amazing stuff B3bc4910

Diamine - amazing stuff D6bddf10Diamine - amazing stuff 29400910Diamine - amazing stuff 114e6110Diamine - amazing stuff Ddb39b10Diamine - amazing stuff Cf77ce10Diamine - amazing stuff Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Diamine - amazing stuff   Diamine - amazing stuff EmptyMon Mar 11, 2019 6:10 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
Just picked up two new bizarro Diamine inks to make a set of four out of the two I’d gotten some time back.  These are made in Liverpool like all Diamine inks - but these started out as being exclusively for a German Pen Shop.  Now you can get ‘em on Amazon.  

These are made to produce sheen.  Extreme sheen.  Not that anything can outdo Organic Studio “Nitrogen” - very likely the most easily sheeting ink on the planet...nearly with any pen on any paper.  Amazing stuff.  If you don’t have a bottle, you really do need one.

What is “sheen”?

https://fountainpenlove.com/fountain-pen-ink/what-is-sheen-in-fountain-pen-ink/

Here’s the four...all Diamine.  They are $7.50/30ml on Amazon.

November Rain (gorgeous deep green with crimson sheen)
Skull and Roses (dark blue with red sheen)
Smoke on the Water (dark emerald with shiny pink sheen)
Purple Rain (rich purple with metallic gold sheen)

Here are some pics.  Keep in mind that they will do wildly different things on different papers.  Most often a significant amount of liquid ink needs to sit on and dry on the paper’s surface.  So absorbent paper is out...paper like Tomoe River or maybe coated stock of some kind is best.

Anyway...

Diamine - amazing stuff 69bc8810
Diamine - amazing stuff 78b46310
Diamine - amazing stuff B3bc4910

Awwww, crap, Mr BH. Here I am on a board that exposes one to the affliction of TAD and PAD and now you're showing me the temptations of another of my life's pleasures, that of writing with a fine ink pen. Looks like I need to clear some space on the bureau.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Diamine - amazing stuff   Diamine - amazing stuff EmptyMon Mar 11, 2019 7:23 pm

I'm kind of glad I have the handwriting of a doctor to not get caught up in this madness. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Diamine - amazing stuff   Diamine - amazing stuff EmptyMon Mar 11, 2019 9:15 pm

Stick wrote...”Awwww, crap, Mr BH. Here I am on a board that exposes one to the affliction of TAD and PAD and now you're showing me the temptations of another of my life's pleasures, that of writing with a fine ink pen. Looks like I need to clear some space on the bureau.”

Yeah...now there’s IAD too.

If I were to look for any one ink to be my “sheening ink” it would be Nitrogen, made by Organics Studios.  Read a few reviews and you’ll see why.  It does it’s thing on almost any paper with any size nib.  Plus, it shades as well. Very user friendly.  No flaws.  Just sayin’.

Diamine - amazing stuff E6eb4110
Diamine - amazing stuff C7f41a10
Diamine - amazing stuff Ae44e310

Diamine - amazing stuff D6bddf10Diamine - amazing stuff 29400910Diamine - amazing stuff 114e6110Diamine - amazing stuff Ddb39b10Diamine - amazing stuff Cf77ce10Diamine - amazing stuff Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Diamine - amazing stuff
Page 1 of 1