HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Fear of heights?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

Fear of heights? Empty
PostSubject: Fear of heights?   Fear of heights? EmptyWed Mar 20, 2019 7:14 pm

If you have Acrophobia maybe you shouldn't watch this!

Cheers,

RR

Fear of heights? Purple11x 2Fear of heights? Bombx10  Fear of heights? Bombx3Fear of heights? D6bddf10 Fear of heights? 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
Zanaspus

Zanaspus

Registration date : 2009-12-27

Fear of heights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear of heights?   Fear of heights? EmptyWed Mar 20, 2019 7:23 pm

Warning heeded.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

Registration date : 2007-12-22

Fear of heights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear of heights?   Fear of heights? EmptyWed Mar 20, 2019 8:04 pm

I’ve watched that video before. I’m scared of heights and those videos like those tear me up. But I still watch them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

Fear of heights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear of heights?   Fear of heights? EmptyWed Mar 20, 2019 9:50 pm

yeah . . . that job is a no go for me . . .

Fear of heights? ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fpokecharms.com%2Fdata%2Fattachment-files%2F2014%2F05%2F81505_grumpy_cat__nope_by_imwithstoopid13-d624kvl
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Timbo

Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

Fear of heights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear of heights?   Fear of heights? EmptyWed Mar 20, 2019 9:59 pm

Wow. How about a nice soothing walk?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BriarBeagle

BriarBeagle

Registration date : 2016-11-08

Fear of heights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear of heights?   Fear of heights? EmptyWed Mar 20, 2019 10:43 pm

That's a long way to go to change a lightbulb Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

Fear of heights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear of heights?   Fear of heights? EmptyWed Mar 20, 2019 11:23 pm

I think I will stick to jumping out of planes and helicopters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

Fear of heights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear of heights?   Fear of heights? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 3:13 am

Ooh sweaty palms!

I recommended this in the films thread so here's the trailer. And yes, as seen in the last few shots in this trailer, he is climbing El Cap with no rope:

https://youtu.be/S4F3JK7oHn0

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Fear of heights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear of heights?   Fear of heights? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 7:55 am

Tim, that vid was a real nail-biter! Walking over those sections by stepping on a single rail was pretty gutsy. Where is that exactly?

Stick, gotta admit that takes the biscuit. How anyone can do that or want to is beyond me. Seems like a death wish!

affraid

Cheers,

RR

Fear of heights? Purple11x 2Fear of heights? Bombx10  Fear of heights? Bombx3Fear of heights? D6bddf10 Fear of heights? 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

Fear of heights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear of heights?   Fear of heights? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 10:56 am

Why did I look at those?
I'm sitting in my chair and feel like I'm going to fall off! affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

Fear of heights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear of heights?   Fear of heights? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 2:47 pm

My limit is an eight foot step ladder, but at
least those tower climbers are pretty safe.
Have you seen "Free Solo?" affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

Fear of heights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear of heights?   Fear of heights? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 3:06 pm

I'd probably give it a try at least once
Back to top Go down
View user profile
peanubutter

peanubutter

Registration date : 2019-01-20

Fear of heights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear of heights?   Fear of heights? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 7:10 pm

A previous job had me up 100'-150' but I don't think I could do that tower.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Timbo

Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

Fear of heights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear of heights?   Fear of heights? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 9:15 pm

Brewdude, its in Spain.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caminito_del_Rey

It was the access path for workers bulding/maintaining a dam in Malaga.

Cheers

Tim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zanaspus

Zanaspus

Registration date : 2009-12-27

Fear of heights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear of heights?   Fear of heights? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 10:21 pm

I gave in and watched it. Now I'm gonna puke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arkansaspiper

arkansaspiper

Registration date : 2016-01-22

Fear of heights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear of heights?   Fear of heights? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 10:39 pm

I don't know he kept two points of contact at all times or at least one
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch

Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

Fear of heights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear of heights?   Fear of heights? EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 2:35 pm

Corncobcon wrote:
Why did I look at those?

Well, that six-pack of tall boys and the dozen shots of cheap tequila you just finished might have something to do with it? Laughing

I was a roofer back in the late 70s, could throw a flat of shingles on my shoulder, "run" up a 30 foot ladder, and dance across the peak of a steep pitched roof without a care in the world. Now I get 10 feet off the ground on a well-set ladder and my legs turn to jello. Guess with age comes the realization that falling could really hurt.

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeno Marx

Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

Fear of heights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear of heights?   Fear of heights? EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 6:20 pm

I'm afraid of heights. Think it is hereditary on some level. Genetic or learned? Not sure. I used to paint houses. I hate ladders. HATE LADDERS. They multiply the entire phobia. I'd rather do something stupid like hang over the gutter to paint the soffit than do it on a ladder. On the other hand, I've rock climbed and rappelled from hundreds of feet. I'm scared almost senseless, but I've truly enjoyed doing both. The "almost senseless" thing is key, because you can't be a rock climber worth beans if your senses are a mess. One of the biggest disappointments in my life that I can't be a competent mountaineer. It's a fascinating and cool hobby, and all I can rightly do is look up and admire others doing it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Fear of heights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear of heights?   Fear of heights? EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 7:09 pm

Natch wrote:
Corncobcon wrote:
Why did I look at those?

Well, that six-pack of tall boys and the dozen shots of cheap tequila you just finished might have something to do with it?  Laughing

lol! It was Miller Lite and bourbon! lol!

I was a roofer back in the late 70s, could throw a flat of shingles on my shoulder, "run" up a 30 foot ladder, and dance across the peak of a steep pitched roof without a care in the world.  Now I get 10 feet off the ground on a well-set ladder and my legs turn to jello.  Guess with age comes the realization that falling could really hurt.

Natch
My dad could do the same thing. Unfortunately, one day in 1969 he fell off the roof! No major injuries detected. He got back up and finished the roof! He was never really the same after that, then he retired. Four years later he passed away. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bub

Bub

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Fear of heights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear of heights?   Fear of heights? EmptySat Mar 23, 2019 7:43 pm

I experience a visceral reaction in all of the above videos, but this one does not.

Needles to say, I ain't doin none of this stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Fear of heights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear of heights?   Fear of heights? EmptySat Mar 23, 2019 7:56 pm

Now that was cool. But, I'd never do it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Fear of heights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear of heights?   Fear of heights? EmptySat Mar 23, 2019 8:01 pm

That first vid looks like photoshopping to me. Why doesn't the wing suit show flapping or otherwise movement in the air currents?!

Question

In any case it's some great footage (all of it).

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
Fazby

Fazby

Registration date : 2010-04-22

Fear of heights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear of heights?   Fear of heights? EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 3:40 pm

Can you imagine getting to the top of that tower and realizing you forgot (or dropped...) an item you need? Or am I the only one with the occasional dropsies?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

Fear of heights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear of heights?   Fear of heights? EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 8:07 am

I would think that any tools required up there would have to be attached to a lanyard of some kind. A wrench falling from that high would certainly cause serious injury to whatever it hit.

As to the fear of heights, I wasn't bothered by it when I was younger but after building my dad's house from the ground up (2 story on the edge of a steep drop off) I just can't stomach it any more. Roofing that place was way more than I could take lol.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
History Prof 1861

History Prof 1861

Registration date : 2016-10-16

Fear of heights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear of heights?   Fear of heights? EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 4:52 pm

I hope they are magnetic tools. I always drop something at the last minute. Then have to scramble to find it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Fear of heights?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: