HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Latakia, FMOTT and good friends

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

Latakia, FMOTT and good friends Empty
PostSubject: Latakia, FMOTT and good friends   Latakia, FMOTT and good friends EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 11:04 am

So there was another new convert to pipe smoking that talked my head off at the local B&M. We discussed blends, pipes, you name it, including blends long gone. He was of course interested in that and I explained the stupid prices you would have to pay to get some unobtainum.

I decided last week to share one such unobtainum with the mostly new pipe crew at the B&M and told them to be there Wednesday night for a surprise. I brought in one of my few remaining tins of Frog Morton on the Town.

Now I started out smoking London Mixture and Nightcap in the late 90's and moved into the Frog Morton series in early 2000's and pretty much was my mainstay. Last year when I picked up the pipe again I didn't seem to have a taste for latakia. Now I'm thinking it is because of the difference between Syrian and Cyprian latakia. The FMOTT was like an old friend stopping by for a visit and chatting the night away. Thick, beautiful smoke seem to pull out the old memories.

The other new pipe smokers were wow'd and lamented they wish it was still available. Me too . . . me too . . .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arkansaspiper

arkansaspiper

Registration date : 2016-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Latakia, FMOTT and good friends   Latakia, FMOTT and good friends EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 11:24 am

I think I have 1 tin of frog Morton anyting left maybe half a tin I know how you feel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Latakia, FMOTT and good friends   Latakia, FMOTT and good friends EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 12:01 pm

Love dat Frog Morton!!! I told myself a year or so ago that I had socked away too much of it over the years. Now I'm happy I did Very Happy Very Happy Only one I don't have is the "staved" version; I'll survive without it!! cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
peanubutter

peanubutter

Registration date : 2019-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Latakia, FMOTT and good friends   Latakia, FMOTT and good friends EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 12:30 pm

That blend sounds like one I might have to seek out and try. I don't have any Frog Morton...yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Latakia, FMOTT and good friends   Latakia, FMOTT and good friends EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 2:42 pm

I hear ya. I'm down to about 3 bowls of FM, and the same for FM OTB. I'll miss it also when it's gone. But in the meantime, I have soooooo much lat blends that it will be a long time before I have to hit up the FM!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Latakia, FMOTT and good friends   Latakia, FMOTT and good friends EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 3:44 pm

Jarred up FMOTT of what was left from last night. Smoking last bowl now of a FM tin I found when took inventory last weekend. *sigh*
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Latakia, FMOTT and good friends
Page 1 of 1