HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Friday Night Whiskey Tasting

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

Friday Night Whiskey Tasting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friday Night Whiskey Tasting   Friday Night Whiskey Tasting - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 1:17 pm

Yeah...there are numerous products & systems for sale. There is also a fairly large outfit (storefront) about a mile from my house that sells stills (I think) and all sorts of barrel and other blending supplies. Never stopped by. I also have a friend who blends as his principal hobby. I’m just too lazy, etc.

Friday Night Whiskey Tasting - Page 2 D6bddf10Friday Night Whiskey Tasting - Page 2 29400910Friday Night Whiskey Tasting - Page 2 114e6110Friday Night Whiskey Tasting - Page 2 Ddb39b10Friday Night Whiskey Tasting - Page 2 Cf77ce10Friday Night Whiskey Tasting - Page 2 Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeno Marx

Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

Friday Night Whiskey Tasting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friday Night Whiskey Tasting   Friday Night Whiskey Tasting - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 2:44 pm

For the peat and smoke, I once was a strong advocate for Lagavulin 16. I say "once" because I haven't had it for a few years, and I see it is now more than $80 a bottle. I don't know how well it competes in that price range. When it was $40-45, for my tastes, I couldn't find anything that could beat it. I believe Laphroaig 10 Year Cask is still in that price range? I can attest to it being a very nice one. Has a good deal of brine as well, which I find to be a nice compliment to peat and smoke.

I like thate Forever Bottle idea. I'd do it, but like Blackhorse, I would be discriminate about it. I wouldn't contaminate something I already adore with the hopes of something interesting or better. I'm a bit too habitual for that, and I don't say that in judgment. There's a virtue to the gamble that I lack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Friday Night Whiskey Tasting
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2