Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Alottalatakia

Alottalatakia

Registration date : 2019-04-05

Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands   Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands EmptyFri Apr 05, 2019 4:47 pm

Greetings to all and sundry!Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands Ouro_p16
Back to top Go down
http://www.behance.net/arturillustrator
Alottalatakia

Alottalatakia

PostSubject: Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands   Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands EmptyFri Apr 05, 2019 4:57 pm

Alottalatakia wrote:
Greetings to all and sundry!
Smoking a Virginia and dark fire blend here, having a Stout and waiting for the Autumn to arrive. Nice sunsets though!

Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands Ouro_p16
Back to top Go down
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands   Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands EmptyFri Apr 05, 2019 5:03 pm

Good to have you on board. Not sure if we've had any Brazilian members before. Great view too!
Back to top Go down
Alottalatakia

Alottalatakia

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands   Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands EmptyFri Apr 05, 2019 5:22 pm

Thanks!!! This place is awesome. Many of Minas gerais state hills sit at 1200m above sea level or higher. So.., I'm a tropical highlander.., in a sense. We don't have Whiskey but we have our fire water: cachaça. Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands Cachac10
Back to top Go down
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands   Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands EmptyFri Apr 05, 2019 5:54 pm

Welcome aboard
Back to top Go down
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands   Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands EmptyFri Apr 05, 2019 6:12 pm

WelcometoBoB. Man that is a BEAUTIFUL view! If that is what you see every day you are a lucky dog.
Back to top Go down
Alottalatakia

Alottalatakia

PostSubject: indeed   Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands EmptyFri Apr 05, 2019 6:27 pm

Oh yes.., I should make some videos about pipe smoking and wandering around.., Rauchen and ramblings!

Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands 23c02010
Back to top Go down
Zanaspus

Zanaspus

Registration date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands   Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands EmptyFri Apr 05, 2019 6:56 pm

Welcome to BoB!
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands   Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands EmptyFri Apr 05, 2019 7:44 pm

Great to meet you Alottalatakia. Your pictures make me envious! You live in a very attractive area.

I'll look forward to more of your posts about what it's like living there, what kind of pipe weed you smoke and is available, your pipes and so forth.

Cheers,

RR

Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands Purple11x 2Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands Bombx10  Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands Bombx8 Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands D6bddf10 Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands Cowboy13

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands   Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands EmptyFri Apr 05, 2019 8:14 pm

Welcome! Nice to see a member below the equator!
Back to top Go down
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands   Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands EmptyFri Apr 05, 2019 8:35 pm

Beautiful scenery! Welcome!
Back to top Go down
DrT999

DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands   Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands EmptyFri Apr 05, 2019 9:32 pm

Welcome to BoB! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Timbo

Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands   Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands EmptyFri Apr 05, 2019 11:17 pm

Welcome to BoB from another Southern Hemispherean. Love your user name.
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands   Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands EmptySat Apr 06, 2019 12:26 am

Welcome my friend. Enjoy your time with us.

(I took the liberty of flipping your last photo 90 degrees so it compliments the actual site.)

Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands D6bddf10Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands 29400910Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands 114e6110Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands Ddb39b10Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands Cf77ce10Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands Dd692012Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands Cowboy11
Back to top Go down
Alottalatakia

Alottalatakia

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands   Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands EmptySat Apr 06, 2019 8:04 am

Timbo wrote:

Thank you for the warm welcome! Yes! My daughter lives there Down Under,... in Sydney. She is coming soon for a visit to the jungle here... Is there any good tobacconist down there? How about pipe tobacco prices? Maybe i should ask her to bring a stash for me...
Back to top Go down
Alottalatakia

Alottalatakia

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands   Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands EmptySat Apr 06, 2019 8:15 am

Thank you!!! I knew that something was askew there
Back to top Go down
Timbo

Timbo

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands   Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands EmptySat Apr 06, 2019 8:58 pm

Alottalatakia wrote:
Timbo wrote:

Thank you for the warm welcome! Yes! My daughter lives there Down Under,... in Sydney. She is coming soon for a visit to the jungle here... Is there any good tobacconist down there? How about pipe tobacco prices? Maybe i should ask her to bring a stash for me...

Cool, I’m in the mountains to Sydney’s West and sadly the pipe and tobacco situation here in Aus is woeful. Tobacconists that sell pipes are few and far between and tobacco tax is heading towards $1200 AU per Kg, so I’m sure you can find cheaper baccy with less hassle.
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands   Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands EmptySat Apr 06, 2019 9:04 pm

So Timbo...if someone sent you some pipe tobacco as a gift, would you be taxed to hell and gone like in the UK?

SO...Let’s say it again. The tobacco tax in OZ is $1200 AUD = $850 USD per KG. So that’s essentially $425/pound. Holy guacamole Batman. That means my little 2 Oz tin of whatever is taxed over $50 USD.

Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands D6bddf10Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands 29400910Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands 114e6110Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands Ddb39b10Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands Cf77ce10Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands Dd692012Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands Cowboy11

Last edited by Blackhorse on Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SourMilk

SourMilk

Registration date : 2018-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands   Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands EmptySun Apr 07, 2019 10:06 am

Welcome to BoB!
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands   Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands EmptySun Apr 07, 2019 10:46 am

Welcome from the crumbling remains of the Ozark Plateau!
Back to top Go down
Alottalatakia

Alottalatakia

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands   Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands EmptySun Apr 07, 2019 12:20 pm

Ozark Wizard wrote:
Welcome from the crumbling remains of the Ozark Plateau!

Ozark Plateau? That's a beautiful place!!!! In some aspects, it remind me here Minas Gerais in Brazil. But i sincerely prefer your weather.., miss proper Autumn, Winter...
Back to top Go down
Alottalatakia

Alottalatakia

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands   Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands EmptySun Apr 07, 2019 1:18 pm

Timbo wrote:
Alottalatakia wrote:
Timbo wrote:

Cool, I’m in the mountains to Sydney’s West and sadly the pipe and tobacco situation here in Aus is woeful. Tobacconists that sell pipes are few and far between and tobacco tax is heading towards $1200 AU per Kg, so I’m sure you can find cheaper baccy with less hassle.

Holly! Terrifying! This requires robbing a bank each time you want a puff...! So.., how do you manage?
Back to top Go down
Timbo

Timbo

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands   Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands EmptySun Apr 07, 2019 7:58 pm

Most “care” packages get through AOK, those that get caught, I get a tax invoice sent to me which can be ignored if I wish. And yes those sums are about right, last tin of McClelland’s I purchased here was $70. Shocked

And ‘cos this seems to be the thread for it, here’s the view from my smoking lounge (comfy chair on my back deck.)

Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands Ae53b910
Back to top Go down
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands   Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands EmptyMon Apr 08, 2019 2:25 am

Welcome from windy Wyoming, elevation of our town is 7220 feet. Absolutely stunning views you have posted I am seriously jealous. Correct me if I'm wrong but your local firewater is a close relative of our rum is it not? Fermented from sugarcane and I don't believe its aged is it? I've searched liquor stores up here with no luck and refuse to pay what online shops want for it.

Those ropes are a dream come true for a lot of us. About how big around are they? They look massive! Love that knife too. The handle material is really nice and the blade shape looks perfect for cutting rope

I look forward to learning more about your local history and traditions. Smoking related and otherwise. Also would love to see and hear about the local cuisine in the kitchen and speakeasy section.

Jim
Back to top Go down
Alottalatakia

Alottalatakia

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands   Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands EmptyMon Apr 08, 2019 12:44 pm

Hello Jim! Thanks for the warm welcome!!!! Cheers! I really may get some corn cob pipes for myself- the country gentleman is a gorgeous smoking machine in its own way!
The tobacco ropes measure some 10 m in length.
I'm sending a video on how it is made

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=27&v=b6wzUT3coQo

Our firewater- cachaça, like rum is made from sugar cane.., but the major difference here is that cachaça is made from just pressed sugar cane juice and rum, usually is made from molasses. After fermentation and distillation, it can be consumed right away or is left to age in wooden barrels. We use some local hard woods that impart some aroma and colour, mainly Umburana, Jequitibá and Arariva. Some enterprising minds are using American oak...with great results I may say!
Below you can see some oak barrels

Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands Barril10

Artur
Back to top Go down

Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Welcome Wagon-
Jump to: