HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

JimInks Interviewed.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JimInks

JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

JimInks Interviewed. Empty
PostSubject: JimInks Interviewed.   JimInks Interviewed. EmptySun Apr 07, 2019 2:28 pm

Mike Murphy interviewed me for his latest podcast about comics and pipe tobacco, but entirely ducked the subject of world domination. Oh well... perhaps next time! Hope you'll tune in a listen. I haven't even heard it yet.

http://pipeandtamper.com/jim-amash-interview-jiminks?fbclid=IwAR13uBRxqXH_m8HpFYnOtaXY8qKWvsGJceYRcteQZw0pcptGwZSaNJBE2v0
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SourMilk

SourMilk

Registration date : 2018-03-01

PostSubject: Re: JimInks Interviewed.   JimInks Interviewed. EmptyMon Apr 08, 2019 7:03 pm

I’ll download it and give a listen, comics and tobacco are two of my faves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: JimInks Interviewed.   JimInks Interviewed. EmptyMon Apr 08, 2019 7:16 pm

Listened to it on the commute today.  Great interview!  

I love all the history on the comics and Edward G.  Learned a lot of new things.  I had a sizable comic collection when I graduated college.  Sold it off for a tidy sum.  I did keep all the Epic Magazines and few hard to find gems.

Jim I really think you should package up your reviews and self publish.  If tobaccoreviews.com ever went away it would be a major blow to the pipe community. Possible make an online indexed site that you curate and update. It is a incredible body of work you created and it is highly appreciated by all pipe smokers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alottalatakia

Alottalatakia

Registration date : 2019-04-05

PostSubject: Re: JimInks Interviewed.   JimInks Interviewed. EmptyTue May 07, 2019 5:45 pm

Hi Jim!!! Great interview!! Brilliant. And.., if I got it right, do you do illustration, drawings? I'm an Illustrator myself. For more that 30 years...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.behance.net/arturillustrator
BriarBeagle

BriarBeagle

Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: JimInks Interviewed.   JimInks Interviewed. EmptyTue May 07, 2019 7:16 pm

Will definitely give this a listen. I really like Mike's podcast, and highly recommend it to members of the B.O.B. Very well done indeed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

PostSubject: Re: JimInks Interviewed.   JimInks Interviewed. EmptyYesterday at 1:55 pm

GeoffC wrote:
Listened to it on the commute today.  Great interview!  

I love all the history on the comics and Edward G.  Learned a lot of new things.  I had a sizable comic collection when I graduated college.  Sold it off for a tidy sum.  I did keep all the Epic Magazines and few hard to find gems.

Jim I really think you should package up your reviews and self publish.  If tobaccoreviews.com ever went away it would be a major blow to the pipe community.  Possible make an online indexed site that you curate and update.  It is a incredible body of work you created and it is highly appreciated by all pipe smokers.

Thanks for the kind words.

I've been approached several times about doing a book of my reviews, including Mark Irwin, who just did a great book on Peterson pipes. But, I am missing too many obvious blends, so it'd be incomplete. Also, for all the work it'd take, I can't see selling more than a hundred or so copies.

Last edited by JimInks on Thu May 23, 2019 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

PostSubject: Re: JimInks Interviewed.   JimInks Interviewed. EmptyYesterday at 1:56 pm

Alottalatakia wrote:
Hi Jim!!! Great interview!! Brilliant. And.., if I got it right,  do you do illustration, drawings? I'm an Illustrator myself. For more that 30 years...

I have done a fair amount of illustration, but mostly, I've been a comic book artist after a few years of being in the fine arts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zanaspus

Zanaspus

Registration date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Re: JimInks Interviewed.   JimInks Interviewed. EmptyYesterday at 3:50 pm

Glad you're back from your hiatus Mr Amash!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

PostSubject: Re: JimInks Interviewed.   JimInks Interviewed. EmptyYesterday at 8:00 pm

Zanaspus wrote:
Glad you're back from your hiatus Mr Amash!

Thank you. I have been very busy lately, and still am.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

JimInks Interviewed.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: