HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

A seat with a view

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

A seat with a view Empty
PostSubject: A seat with a view   A seat with a view EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 10:55 am

I've been a little more quiet on the BoB recently as I've been essentially 'off grid', spending some much needed time with my family. This is the reason I chose not the fly this month's bombing mission.

We spent this Easter with my in-laws in southern Snowdonia, whose house is situated in a magnificent position overlooking the Mawddach estuary and the Irish Sea.  The weather was glorious with the first truly warm days of our summer with uninterrupted blue skies.  The children, for all intents and purposes, turned feral, making dens, scrambling up and down rocks, damming little streams, stalking various animals, indeed doing all the things I believe youngsters should be doing and not a screen / device to be seen.  

The in-law's home also happens to be surrounded by prime welsh sheep farming country.  I'm usually the first to rise in the morning and I drank the first coffee of the day perched on a rock a little way from the house soaking up the magnificent scenery.  Each morning during this coffee, Gyndaff, the neighbouring sheep farmer, stopped for a chat during his early morning rounds on his quad bike.  A welsh chap through and through I always greet him with a few pleasantries in Welsh - when in Rome... - and this is always well received.  A kindly soul I've known him for 20 or so years now, and his observations on the local wildlife are always fascinating, 'Do you know, Stick, the cuckoo has arrived on exactly the same day as last year...'  Courtesy of Gwndaff and his son, my children watched wide eyed for the first time a lamb being born; something I'm sure they'll remember for a long time to come.

Naturally, with the children off re-enacting a land based Swallows and Amazons, I've been able to enjoy a pipe or two.  So, this is where I've been sat enjoying a bowl of RDF in various cobs and reflecting on life in general.

A seat with a view Dsc_1410
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zanaspus

Zanaspus

Registration date : 2009-12-27

A seat with a view Empty
PostSubject: Re: A seat with a view   A seat with a view EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 11:10 am

Taking time to appreciate life, nature, one's mental well-being need never be followed by apology. Beautiful stuff. Always glad when someone enjoys life. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

A seat with a view Empty
PostSubject: Re: A seat with a view   A seat with a view EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 11:23 am

Splendid view right there Squire and no mistake.

Cool

Cheers,

RR

A seat with a view Purple11x 2A seat with a view Bombx10  A seat with a view Bombx5A seat with a view D6bddf10 A seat with a view 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

A seat with a view Empty
PostSubject: Re: A seat with a view   A seat with a view EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 11:24 am

Beautiful countryside! Does the soul good!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

A seat with a view Empty
PostSubject: Re: A seat with a view   A seat with a view EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 11:54 am

Quaint, rustic, and thoroughly beautiful!!! Good time to clear the ol' noggin!! cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BriarBeagle

BriarBeagle

Registration date : 2016-11-08

A seat with a view Empty
PostSubject: Re: A seat with a view   A seat with a view EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 3:11 pm

Looks like a peaceful place to unplug and unwind. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
peanubutter

peanubutter

Registration date : 2019-01-20

A seat with a view Empty
PostSubject: Re: A seat with a view   A seat with a view EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 3:24 pm

A fabulous view and time to unwind sounds great. Enjoy the break with family and friends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

A seat with a view Empty
PostSubject: Re: A seat with a view   A seat with a view EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 9:44 pm

That looks like a very relaxing place. Good for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puffy

Puffy

Registration date : 2007-12-23

A seat with a view Empty
PostSubject: Re: A seat with a view   A seat with a view EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 10:36 pm

Beautiful Place
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

A seat with a view Empty
PostSubject: Re: A seat with a view   A seat with a view EmptyFri Apr 26, 2019 12:20 am

Looks like home to me! Nice you and yours got a chance to escape the confines of the city lights. Hopefully you got some stargazing in!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

A seat with a view Empty
PostSubject: Re: A seat with a view   A seat with a view EmptyFri Apr 26, 2019 3:31 am

Quite the view there mate! Always brings joy to my heart to see such beauty and that you get to take the time to sit there and soak that in while you relax with a pipe is just one of the most wonderful things to me. Enjoy my friend you certainly deserve it.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Timbo

Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

A seat with a view Empty
PostSubject: Re: A seat with a view   A seat with a view EmptySat Apr 27, 2019 3:05 am

That sounds bloody awful Stick. Smile

Need to do similar with my wee ones next break I get from work and I’m loving that view mate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

A seat with a view
Page 1 of 1