HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Share
 

 Newpipers Adventures.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Newpiper19



Age : 38
Location : NE Indiana
Registration date : 2019-04-20

Newpipers Adventures.  Empty
PostSubject: Newpipers Adventures.    Newpipers Adventures.  EmptySat May 04, 2019 1:22 am

Hey everyone! Figured I would start this new thread so I can log and review all the tobacco I try, as I try them. As you know I am VERY new to the pipe and have a very unrefined palate.

So today I will start this off with my first impressions of Sutliff B20.

I learned a little more about smoking a pipe today, and each new bowl teaches me more. I am still going a little too hard and too fast, but still improved over my last try with Nuns. The biggest thing I learned is that my expectations of taste where way off. I had assumed that since the pouch note was a strong vanilla scent, quite pleasant I might add, that the flavor of the smoke itself would be a strong vanilla taste. I expected it to taste like melted vanilla ice cream. It did not.


The flavor was there, but very light as well as a faint taste of sugar. I wonder if that sugar taste came from the Black Cavendish? The flavor was good, I quite enjoyed the smoke. My thoughts the whole time were on how light the flavor actually was. I am not sure why I expected it to taste stronger, like shooting a shot glass full of heavy cream that was laced with vanilla essence. This unexpected revelation about how tobacco tastes lead me to try and focus on the flavor so I can discern it. Which for the most part I was.


In the mouth, I felt no bite or harshness what so ever. The smoke had a "coolness" to it as it flowed into my mouth.

The bowl did get a tad over warm, but that is my fault for trying to hard, which is suspect is why the taste was not as strong. Again the revelation that the flavors are more subtle then I thought they would be means that I must slow down and keep it as cool as I can or I risk torching the flavors.

As cheap as this pouch was, I am surprised I liked it as much as I did. I am confidant it and any other blends flavors will get better with time as my puffing method gets more mature with practice.

It was a little wet as well and I think some drying time for the next bowl is in order.

I also came too the conclusion today I need more pipes. I need a pipe for work(and a pipe smokers travel kit) for those times I am in my work van and I have an hour between stops, or stuck in traffic like I was today.
Back to top Go down
Stick

Stick

Age : 49
Location : 'Blighty'
Registration date : 2014-02-19

Newpipers Adventures.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpipers Adventures.    Newpipers Adventures.  EmptySat May 04, 2019 5:48 am

Hi, NP,

All very nice to read.

Flavours will indeed come more to the fore as you technique improves. This is all part of your own pipe journey.

As for more pipes, I suggest you book an appointment with your Doc and let him know you're showing signs of early onset PAD. If he's worth his salt, he'll know what that is. I fear though that it may be too late...
Back to top Go down
Zanaspus

Zanaspus

Age : 57
Registration date : 2009-12-27

Newpipers Adventures.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpipers Adventures.    Newpipers Adventures.  EmptySat May 04, 2019 7:06 am

Don't worry, no matter how many pipes you own, you'll always need more pipes. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Moderator
Blackhorse

Age : 71
Location : Portland, Oregon Area
Registration date : 2010-10-23

Newpipers Adventures.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpipers Adventures.    Newpipers Adventures.  EmptySat May 04, 2019 7:47 am

“ I also came too the conclusion today I need more pipes. I need a pipe for work(and a pipe smokers travel kit) for those times I am in my work van and I have an hour between stops, or stuck in traffic like I was today.”


DOOMED...YOU ARE EXTREMELY AND TOTALLY DOOMED!

cheers

_________________
Council Member, Trading Post & General Site Moderator.
Founding BoB Bombers Squadron Commander, Un-Ret
Newpipers Adventures.  Puffy

Newpipers Adventures.  D6bddf10Newpipers Adventures.  29400910Newpipers Adventures.  114e6110Newpipers Adventures.  Ddb39b10Newpipers Adventures.  Cf77ce10Newpipers Adventures.  Dd692012
Back to top Go down
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Age : 38
Location : NC
Registration date : 2018-10-03

Newpipers Adventures.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpipers Adventures.    Newpipers Adventures.  EmptySat May 04, 2019 10:54 am

Fortunately I almost have enough pipes, with the correct number being n+1 (with n=the number of pipes currently owned) I will ALWAYS only need one more, and one isn't that much...see logic cheers
Back to top Go down
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Age : 69
Location : From the prarie of KS. to Lake of the Ozarks, MO.
Registration date : 2017-10-15

Newpipers Adventures.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpipers Adventures.    Newpipers Adventures.  EmptySat May 04, 2019 1:48 pm

Yeah, you're hooked! It seems like every time I tell myself I don't need another pipe, one comes along that I just have to buy! cheers
Back to top Go down
Online
ftrplt

ftrplt

Age : 73
Location : Split between Raleigh, NC and OKC, OK
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Newpipers Adventures.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpipers Adventures.    Newpipers Adventures.  EmptySat May 04, 2019 2:32 pm

That "n+1" thingy is why I have about 175 "N's." cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
Newpiper19



Age : 38
Location : NE Indiana
Registration date : 2019-04-20

Newpipers Adventures.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpipers Adventures.    Newpipers Adventures.  EmptySun May 05, 2019 4:21 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
“ I also came too the conclusion today I need more pipes. I need a pipe for work(and a pipe smokers travel kit) for those times I am in my work van and I have an hour between stops, or stuck in traffic like I was today.”


DOOMED...YOU ARE EXTREMELY AND TOTALLY DOOMED!

cheers

LOL! I saw some of the prices of these pipes and OMG! There is a number of hand carved ones at the local shop and they are in the $260 range! Shocked Some of them where odd shaped. Some had Large squarish bowls, and others really long curvy handles and some with rough looking tops, and some with rough sides.

My reason for wanting more pipes is that I heard that pipes can influence the taste of Tobacco. Some blends doing better in some bowls vs others. I figured I should have a set of pipes for Aromatics, a set for mild/cross over aromatics and a set of pipes for non aromatics. Also need small pipes for shorter smokes and large pipes for longer ones.

Also got introuble with the wife as I wanted to get another tin from the store, something different and she insisted I smoke what I have first... LOL. But I want to try them all..... And they have so many that are in desperate need of a home.

I want to get the entire Mac Baren HH line.
Back to top Go down
Stick

Stick

Age : 49
Location : 'Blighty'
Registration date : 2014-02-19

Newpipers Adventures.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpipers Adventures.    Newpipers Adventures.  EmptySun May 05, 2019 4:27 pm

You are definitely at the top of a v slippery slope!

Back to top Go down
Stick

Stick

Age : 49
Location : 'Blighty'
Registration date : 2014-02-19

Newpipers Adventures.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpipers Adventures.    Newpipers Adventures.  EmptySun May 05, 2019 4:28 pm

.... and keep your wife onside or it'll be a v short slippery slope Wink
Back to top Go down
Zanaspus

Zanaspus

Age : 57
Registration date : 2009-12-27

Newpipers Adventures.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpipers Adventures.    Newpipers Adventures.  EmptySun May 05, 2019 5:43 pm

Newpiper19 wrote:
Blackhorse wrote:
“ I also came too the conclusion today I need more pipes. I need a pipe for work(and a pipe smokers travel kit) for those times I am in my work van and I have an hour between stops, or stuck in traffic like I was today.”


DOOMED...YOU ARE EXTREMELY AND TOTALLY DOOMED!

cheers

LOL! I saw some of the prices of these pipes and OMG! There is a number of hand carved ones at the local shop and they are in the $260 range!  Shocked   Some of them where odd shaped. Some had Large squarish bowls, and others really long curvy handles and some with rough looking tops, and some with rough sides.

My reason for wanting more pipes is that I heard that pipes can influence the taste of Tobacco.  Some blends doing better in some bowls vs others. I figured I should have a set of pipes for Aromatics, a set for mild/cross over aromatics and a set of pipes for non aromatics.  Also need small pipes for shorter smokes and large pipes for longer ones.  

Also got introuble with the wife as I wanted to get another tin from the store, something different and she insisted I smoke what I have first... LOL. But I want to try them all..... And they have so many that are in desperate need of a home.

I want to get the entire Mac Baren HH line.

Impress upon her the tenuous nature of the future tobacco supply. It's not even a lie.
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Moderator
Brewdude

Age : 66
Location : Arid-zona
Registration date : 2011-05-04

Newpipers Adventures.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpipers Adventures.    Newpipers Adventures.  EmptySun May 05, 2019 6:50 pm

Zanaspus wrote:
Newpiper19 wrote:
Blackhorse wrote:
“ I also came too the conclusion today I need more pipes. I need a pipe for work(and a pipe smokers travel kit) for those times I am in my work van and I have an hour between stops, or stuck in traffic like I was today.”


DOOMED...YOU ARE EXTREMELY AND TOTALLY DOOMED!

cheers

LOL! I saw some of the prices of these pipes and OMG! There is a number of hand carved ones at the local shop and they are in the $260 range!  Shocked   Some of them where odd shaped. Some had Large squarish bowls, and others really long curvy handles and some with rough looking tops, and some with rough sides.

My reason for wanting more pipes is that I heard that pipes can influence the taste of Tobacco.  Some blends doing better in some bowls vs others. I figured I should have a set of pipes for Aromatics, a set for mild/cross over aromatics and a set of pipes for non aromatics.  Also need small pipes for shorter smokes and large pipes for longer ones.  

Also got introuble with the wife as I wanted to get another tin from the store, something different and she insisted I smoke what I have first... LOL. But I want to try them all..... And they have so many that are in desperate need of a home.

I want to get the entire Mac Baren HH line.

Impress upon her the tenuous nature of the future tobacco supply. It's not even a lie.

Not only that, but aging does wonders to a lot of blends. Also variety is the spice of life.

You might also point out how many pairs of shoes she owns and ask her why she doesn't just wear one pair until they wear out!

Wink


Cheers,

RR

_________________
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin


Newpipers Adventures.  Purple11x 2Newpipers Adventures.  Bombx10  Newpipers Adventures.  Bombx7Newpipers Adventures.  D6bddf10 Newpipers Adventures.  44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Age : 55
Location : Mark Twain National Forest, MO
Registration date : 2014-10-11

Newpipers Adventures.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpipers Adventures.    Newpipers Adventures.  EmptySun May 05, 2019 8:19 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Zanaspus wrote:
Newpiper19 wrote:
Blackhorse wrote:
“ I also came too the conclusion today I need more pipes. I need a pipe for work(and a pipe smokers travel kit) for those times I am in my work van and I have an hour between stops, or stuck in traffic like I was today.”


DOOMED...YOU ARE EXTREMELY AND TOTALLY DOOMED!

cheers

LOL! I saw some of the prices of these pipes and OMG! There is a number of hand carved ones at the local shop and they are in the $260 range!  Shocked   Some of them where odd shaped. Some had Large squarish bowls, and others really long curvy handles and some with rough looking tops, and some with rough sides.

My reason for wanting more pipes is that I heard that pipes can influence the taste of Tobacco.  Some blends doing better in some bowls vs others. I figured I should have a set of pipes for Aromatics, a set for mild/cross over aromatics and a set of pipes for non aromatics.  Also need small pipes for shorter smokes and large pipes for longer ones.  

Also got introuble with the wife as I wanted to get another tin from the store, something different and she insisted I smoke what I have first... LOL. But I want to try them all..... And they have so many that are in desperate need of a home.

I want to get the entire Mac Baren HH line.

Impress upon her the tenuous nature of the future tobacco supply. It's not even a lie.

Not only that, but aging does wonders to a lot of blends. Also variety is the spice of life.

You might also point out how many pairs of shoes she owns and ask her why she doesn't just wear one pair until they wear out!

Wink


Cheers,

RR
And duck immediately!
Back to top Go down
Stick

Stick

Age : 49
Location : 'Blighty'
Registration date : 2014-02-19

Newpipers Adventures.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpipers Adventures.    Newpipers Adventures.  EmptyMon May 06, 2019 4:52 am

Ozark Wizard wrote:
Brewdude wrote:
Zanaspus wrote:
Newpiper19 wrote:
Blackhorse wrote:
“ I also came too the conclusion today I need more pipes. I need a pipe for work(and a pipe smokers travel kit) for those times I am in my work van and I have an hour between stops, or stuck in traffic like I was today.”


DOOMED...YOU ARE EXTREMELY AND TOTALLY DOOMED!

cheers

LOL! I saw some of the prices of these pipes and OMG! There is a number of hand carved ones at the local shop and they are in the $260 range!  Shocked   Some of them where odd shaped. Some had Large squarish bowls, and others really long curvy handles and some with rough looking tops, and some with rough sides.

My reason for wanting more pipes is that I heard that pipes can influence the taste of Tobacco.  Some blends doing better in some bowls vs others. I figured I should have a set of pipes for Aromatics, a set for mild/cross over aromatics and a set of pipes for non aromatics.  Also need small pipes for shorter smokes and large pipes for longer ones.  

Also got introuble with the wife as I wanted to get another tin from the store, something different and she insisted I smoke what I have first... LOL. But I want to try them all..... And they have so many that are in desperate need of a home.

I want to get the entire Mac Baren HH line.

Impress upon her the tenuous nature of the future tobacco supply. It's not even a lie.

Not only that, but aging does wonders to a lot of blends. Also variety is the spice of life.

You might also point out how many pairs of shoes she owns and ask her why she doesn't just wear one pair until they wear out!

Wink


Cheers,

RR
And duck immediately!

And skulk off to the dog house. (With a pipe).
Back to top Go down
Newpiper19



Age : 38
Location : NE Indiana
Registration date : 2019-04-20

Newpipers Adventures.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpipers Adventures.    Newpipers Adventures.  EmptyFri May 10, 2019 11:00 pm

Hey guys! I have decided for now that I want to smoke what I have instead of buying more and more tins and bulk. What is the point if my palate and skill are not up to par to enjoy them yet? I do need a dedicated ARO pipe, so that is my next purchase.


So. I have not been able to smoke anything since Sunday, which is when I had my first cigar.(Tesa Reserva 464. almost vomited after I finished it to the nub. Also felt like I had just done 4 shots of Whiskey ) Just been way to busy and tired from it all..

So Tonight after 3 hours of hauling trash out to the curb for unlimited Trash day, I sat down outside for a bowl of Three Nuns orange. My third bowl of Nuns. I again rubbed the coins out as I did last time.

I am convinced I am still not puffing correctly, as I got almost no flavor. Just mellow smoke going in. The bowl never got what I think is hot, but it did get warm. Tomorrow I plan on another bowl and my try just stacking the coins and seeing if that helps.

Now that is not to say I didn't enjoy the experience. It was a mellow smoke, no bite and the experience was relaxing. I just wish I could get some of the flavors I see mentioned by JimInks on Tobacco Reviews.


I feel retarded as I had less trouble tasting the cigar last Sunday. Like Creamy earthy with a bit of sweet. Though the flavor was subtle, it felt easier to pick up.

I think part of the problem is I am smoking very infrequently and need to develop my palate. So I am going to try again tomorrow. Any advice is appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Moderator
Blackhorse

Age : 71
Location : Portland, Oregon Area
Registration date : 2010-10-23

Newpipers Adventures.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpipers Adventures.    Newpipers Adventures.  EmptyFri May 10, 2019 11:29 pm

I’d try a different blend. The Nuns flavor profile should be totally up front & obvious. If it’s not I’d suspect the tobacco. Rubbing out coins should release more flavor as it allows the stuff to burn more quickly. Try one or two other blends to see if their flavors are more outspoken.

_________________
Council Member, Trading Post & General Site Moderator.
Founding BoB Bombers Squadron Commander, Un-Ret
Newpipers Adventures.  Puffy

Newpipers Adventures.  D6bddf10Newpipers Adventures.  29400910Newpipers Adventures.  114e6110Newpipers Adventures.  Ddb39b10Newpipers Adventures.  Cf77ce10Newpipers Adventures.  Dd692012
Back to top Go down
Newpiper19



Age : 38
Location : NE Indiana
Registration date : 2019-04-20

Newpipers Adventures.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpipers Adventures.    Newpipers Adventures.  EmptyFri May 10, 2019 11:51 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
I’d try a different blend.  The Nuns flavor profile should be totally up front & obvious.  If it’s not I’d suspect the tobacco.  Rubbing out coins should release more flavor as it allows the stuff to burn more quickly. Try one or two other blends to see if their flavors are more outspoken.  

But what should that flavor profile be for nuns? I assume it should be grassy from the light Virginias, Dark fruit from the Red, woodsy from the Kentucky and not sure what to expect from the little bit of burley in it. At least that is what I gather from the review of it.

So what blend should I try instead? Old dark fired? All my local shop has is a smattering of HH and the three Crumble cakes..
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Moderator
Blackhorse

Age : 71
Location : Portland, Oregon Area
Registration date : 2010-10-23

Newpipers Adventures.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpipers Adventures.    Newpipers Adventures.  EmptyFri May 10, 2019 11:56 pm

Read the JimInks review. His is the most detailed and descriptive per the different components.

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/1259/mac-baren-three-nuns

If I knew exactly what the other blends available to you were I could suggest something. Do you have a problem with ordering from an online vendor?

_________________
Council Member, Trading Post & General Site Moderator.
Founding BoB Bombers Squadron Commander, Un-Ret
Newpipers Adventures.  Puffy

Newpipers Adventures.  D6bddf10Newpipers Adventures.  29400910Newpipers Adventures.  114e6110Newpipers Adventures.  Ddb39b10Newpipers Adventures.  Cf77ce10Newpipers Adventures.  Dd692012
Back to top Go down
Newpiper19



Age : 38
Location : NE Indiana
Registration date : 2019-04-20

Newpipers Adventures.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpipers Adventures.    Newpipers Adventures.  EmptySat May 11, 2019 12:02 am

Blackhorse wrote:
Read the JimInks review.  His is the most detailed and descriptive per the different components.

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/1259/mac-baren-three-nuns

If I knew exactly what the other blends available to you were I could suggest something.  Do you have a problem with ordering from an online vendor?

I don't have a credit card right now, so ordering online is a no go.

Well, of the tinned stuff, they have some the Sutliff/Mac Baren stuff. HH pure virginia, HH matured Virginia, HH Bold Kentucky and HH old Dark fired. HH Acadian Perique. HH latakia. All three Crumble Kakes. Red Virginia Crumble kake, English number 1 Crumble kake and Va Perique Crumble kake.


Also, some pouches of 1m, D40, b20, Black cherry, buttered rum, and whiskey.
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Moderator
Blackhorse

Age : 71
Location : Portland, Oregon Area
Registration date : 2010-10-23

Newpipers Adventures.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpipers Adventures.    Newpipers Adventures.  EmptySat May 11, 2019 12:10 am

This is from Smoking Pipes...

“We have a number of different payment methods available. The simplest is to simply use the secure shopping cart and use your American Express, Discover, VISA or MasterCard credit or Debit card. However, if you do not feel comfortable giving out your billing information online, you can check-out using the 'offline payment' option and mail in a check...”

I think most vendors will do this...I’d call customer service at one of the vendors and chat about sending a check or even a Money Order by mail.

Options.  Plenty of ‘em.

_________________
Council Member, Trading Post & General Site Moderator.
Founding BoB Bombers Squadron Commander, Un-Ret
Newpipers Adventures.  Puffy

Newpipers Adventures.  D6bddf10Newpipers Adventures.  29400910Newpipers Adventures.  114e6110Newpipers Adventures.  Ddb39b10Newpipers Adventures.  Cf77ce10Newpipers Adventures.  Dd692012
Back to top Go down
Newpiper19



Age : 38
Location : NE Indiana
Registration date : 2019-04-20

Newpipers Adventures.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpipers Adventures.    Newpipers Adventures.  EmptySat May 11, 2019 12:20 am

Blackhorse wrote:
This is from Smoking Pipes...

“We have a number of different payment methods available. The simplest is to simply use the secure shopping cart and use your American Express, Discover, VISA or MasterCard credit or Debit card. However, if you do not feel comfortable giving out your billing information online, you can check-out using the 'offline payment' option and mail in a check...”

I think most vendors will do this...I’d call customer service at one of the vendors and chat about sending a check or even a Money Order by mail.

Options.  Plenty of ‘em.

I actually have not spent much time on Smoking Pipes, so I didn't know you could send in a check. Thanks for the heads up man.
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Moderator
Blackhorse

Age : 71
Location : Portland, Oregon Area
Registration date : 2010-10-23

Newpipers Adventures.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpipers Adventures.    Newpipers Adventures.  EmptySat May 11, 2019 12:51 am

I think any of the major vendors out there would do the same.

_________________
Council Member, Trading Post & General Site Moderator.
Founding BoB Bombers Squadron Commander, Un-Ret
Newpipers Adventures.  Puffy

Newpipers Adventures.  D6bddf10Newpipers Adventures.  29400910Newpipers Adventures.  114e6110Newpipers Adventures.  Ddb39b10Newpipers Adventures.  Cf77ce10Newpipers Adventures.  Dd692012
Back to top Go down
GeoffC

GeoffC

Age : 52
Location : North Carolina
Registration date : 2011-10-23

Newpipers Adventures.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpipers Adventures.    Newpipers Adventures.  EmptySat May 11, 2019 8:45 am

Newpiper19 wrote:
Blackhorse wrote:
Read the JimInks review.  His is the most detailed and descriptive per the different components.

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/1259/mac-baren-three-nuns

If I knew exactly what the other blends available to you were I could suggest something.  Do you have a problem with ordering from an online vendor?

I don't have a credit card right now, so ordering online is a no go.

Well, of the tinned stuff, they have some the Sutliff/Mac Baren stuff.  HH pure virginia, HH matured Virginia, HH Bold Kentucky and HH old Dark fired. HH Acadian Perique. HH latakia.  All three Crumble Kakes.  Red Virginia Crumble kake, English number 1 Crumble kake and Va Perique Crumble kake.


Also, some pouches of 1m, D40, b20, Black cherry, buttered rum, and whiskey.

Been smoking the hell out of Sutliff Red Crumble Kake and I'm a big fan. That is good stuff!
Back to top Go down
Newpiper19



Age : 38
Location : NE Indiana
Registration date : 2019-04-20

Newpipers Adventures.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpipers Adventures.    Newpipers Adventures.  EmptySat May 11, 2019 11:29 am

GeoffC wrote:
Newpiper19 wrote:
Blackhorse wrote:
Read the JimInks review.  His is the most detailed and descriptive per the different components.

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/1259/mac-baren-three-nuns

If I knew exactly what the other blends available to you were I could suggest something.  Do you have a problem with ordering from an online vendor?

I don't have a credit card right now, so ordering online is a no go.

Well, of the tinned stuff, they have some the Sutliff/Mac Baren stuff.  HH pure virginia, HH matured Virginia, HH Bold Kentucky and HH old Dark fired. HH Acadian Perique. HH latakia.  All three Crumble Kakes.  Red Virginia Crumble kake, English number 1 Crumble kake and Va Perique Crumble kake.


Also, some pouches of 1m, D40, b20, Black cherry, buttered rum, and whiskey.

Been smoking the hell out of Sutliff Red Crumble Kake and I'm a big fan.  That is good stuff!  

I was wondering about it. Going to read some reviews, but I need to get a straight Virginia blend. I said a while back that I wanted to educate my self on individual components and straight red Virginia is as good a place to start as any.

 Seeing as my wife gave me my weekly pittance,  I used it to pick up a Tin of Old Dark Fired. I am going to save smoking that until I get through my Nuns and break in my pipe. Going to at some point pick up a pipe for only vanilla aromatics, so I will sit on my small stash of B20 till then.
Back to top Go down
Newpiper19



Age : 38
Location : NE Indiana
Registration date : 2019-04-20

Newpipers Adventures.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpipers Adventures.    Newpipers Adventures.  EmptyFri May 17, 2019 9:11 pm

Here I am with a new first impressions. Smoked a bowl of Mac Baren HH Old Dark Fired.

First thing I noticed when loading it was that the fold and stuff method was not ever going to work, as the flakes crumbled into pieces upon trying. So took two flakes and broke them up as good as I can and stuffed them into the pipe.

This was night and day compared to my poor experience thus far with Three Nuns. I tasted a nice woody, earthy flavor that had a kind of whisper of grass and sweet. It was apparent with every puff. With in the first quarter of the bowl I was already commenting to myself how great it tasted. I was not sure if the incredible dryness was causing any issues with the flavor, as I thought it was good.

I will say this, I am not sure if I am ready for this blend. By the end of the bowl, Taekwondo master Nic-O-Tine had proceeded to kick me in the teeth. It was the strangest thing to feel the same kind of tipsy/buzz that I did with the big cigar weeks ago. It was soo bad I went in to the bathroom and threw up a tiny bit of my dinner. After a shower and brief nap I felt quite a bit better.

This maybe one of those blends, that for me is best enjoyed out of a pipe with a smaller bowl then the Country Gentleman. I think something holds half that amount to maybe 3/4th of that amount would be perfect for sampling stronger tobacco blends.
Back to top Go down
 
Newpipers Adventures.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: