HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Savinelli Estella

Go down 
AuthorMessage
scottbtdmb

scottbtdmb

Registration date : 2010-02-19

Savinelli Estella Empty
PostSubject: Savinelli Estella   Savinelli Estella EmptyMon May 13, 2019 8:18 am

Back in the day, my favorite pipe was always my Savinelli Estella 316.  There was just something about the way this pipe handled Virginia flakes that was unparalleled!  I stupidly sold the pipe years ago, and after getting back into the hobby last year, I have been searching high and low for one.  

There was finally a 316 that popped up on eBay this week, and not only did I win it last night, but actually got it for a good bit less than I planned to bid.  It is a darker color than my previous 316, and the stem is a little different as well, but I feel like I will be reuniting with an old friend this week and have no doubt this will be a fine smoker!

-Scott

Savinelli Estella 4c243a10
Back to top Go down
peanubutter

peanubutter

Registration date : 2019-01-20

Savinelli Estella Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savinelli Estella   Savinelli Estella EmptyMon May 13, 2019 8:56 am

That pipe is gnarly! Hope it turns out to be a winner like your previous one.
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

Savinelli Estella Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savinelli Estella   Savinelli Estella EmptyMon May 13, 2019 11:39 am

Kewl. I've an old 316 estate that is one of my best smokers and is dedicated to OGS.

Cheers,

RR

Savinelli Estella Purple11x 2Savinelli Estella Bombx10  Savinelli Estella Bombx8 Savinelli Estella D6bddf10 Savinelli Estella 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d Savinelli Estella Cowboy13

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

Savinelli Estella Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savinelli Estella   Savinelli Estella EmptyMon May 13, 2019 4:15 pm

Wow, that is one craggy pipe, Scott.  Looks like it was hewn from the bed rock of Mordor.  

I like it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

Savinelli Estella Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savinelli Estella   Savinelli Estella EmptyMon May 13, 2019 8:37 pm

I have an Estella 803EX that smokes great. I enjoy the feeling of it in my hand. Hope yours smokes great also.
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

Savinelli Estella Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savinelli Estella   Savinelli Estella EmptyThu May 16, 2019 12:40 pm

I've come to appreciate those lines in a pipe. Yours is sweet!
Back to top Go down
scottbtdmb

scottbtdmb

Savinelli Estella Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savinelli Estella   Savinelli Estella EmptyFri May 17, 2019 4:09 pm

Just received the pipe today. Unfortunately the pipe appears to be covered with these tiny specs. I am including a pic below as I have never seen anything like this before. Any idea what this is and how I would be able to get it off?

https://servimg.com/view/16216266/144]Savinelli Estella 2e4f3a10

Back to top Go down
Zanaspus

Zanaspus

Registration date : 2009-12-27

Savinelli Estella Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savinelli Estella   Savinelli Estella EmptyFri May 17, 2019 5:28 pm

I had virtually that same pipe a long, long time ago. Very nice!
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Savinelli Estella Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savinelli Estella   Savinelli Estella EmptyFri May 17, 2019 6:51 pm

scottbtdmb wrote:
Just received the pipe today. Unfortunately the pipe appears to be covered with these tiny specs. I am including a pic below as I have never seen anything like this before. Any idea what this is and how I would be able to get it off?

Maybe try a soft toothbrush and a little baking soda dissolved in distilled water. That's what I'd do.

Cheers,

RR

Savinelli Estella Purple11x 2Savinelli Estella Bombx10  Savinelli Estella Bombx8 Savinelli Estella D6bddf10 Savinelli Estella 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d Savinelli Estella Cowboy13

Back to top Go down
scottbtdmb

scottbtdmb

Savinelli Estella Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savinelli Estella   Savinelli Estella EmptyFri May 17, 2019 7:20 pm

Thanks Rande. Actually someone recommended warm soapy water with a microfiber cloth. I scrubbed hard for a solid 10 min and finally got it off. Now to exorcise the ghost of Lane 1Q lol! Loading up some Gawith Hoggarth Dark Flake Unscented! Should only take a few bowls to get that ghost out lol.

-Scott
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Savinelli Estella Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savinelli Estella   Savinelli Estella EmptyFri May 17, 2019 7:46 pm

scottbtdmb wrote:
Thanks Rande.  Actually someone recommended warm soapy water with a microfiber cloth.  I scrubbed hard for a solid 10 min and finally got it off.  Now to exorcise the ghost of Lane 1Q lol!   Loading up some Gawith Hoggarth Dark Flake Unscented!  Should only take a few bowls to get that ghost out lol.

-Scott

Yup. That outta do it!

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down

Savinelli Estella
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: PAD & TAD-
Jump to: