HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

new and have ? re: end date to buy new tobacco's

Go down 
AuthorMessage
hemlocktree

Registration date : 2019-05-15

new and have ? re: end date to buy new tobacco's Empty
PostSubject: new and have ? re: end date to buy new tobacco's   new and have ? re: end date to buy new tobacco's EmptyWed May 15, 2019 8:23 am

i am new here and i had read last year about some cutoff date that the newer blends of tobaccos cannot be sold or if they are that will cost manufacturers much dollars to be able to. anyway - i only smoke 1 blend and i know it was on the list so i am wondering how much time i have left to purchase some more before it is no longer available. my searches came up with sketchy info.

I am old so i probably do not need to buy an incredible amount - but just enough for a few bowls here and there as needed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zanaspus

Zanaspus

Registration date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Re: new and have ? re: end date to buy new tobacco's   new and have ? re: end date to buy new tobacco's EmptyWed May 15, 2019 1:30 pm

Last I heard, I believe the "new" date was somewhere in 2021, but don't quote me.

The whole shooting match was really big tobacco stopping vaping from stealing their market, but since vaping hasn't gone as perceived, I wouldn't be surprised if the legislation died in the annals of history.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hemlocktree

PostSubject: Re: new and have ? re: end date to buy new tobacco's   new and have ? re: end date to buy new tobacco's EmptyWed May 15, 2019 1:56 pm

Thanks - i just saw somewhere 2022 - which would be much better. still a lot of people do not really seem to know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blendtobac

Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: new and have ? re: end date to buy new tobacco's   new and have ? re: end date to buy new tobacco's EmptyWed May 15, 2019 5:06 pm

hemlocktree wrote:
Thanks - i just saw somewhere 2022 - which would be much better.  still a lot of people do not really seem to know.

It got pushed back to August of 2022 because they're still trying to resolve all the issues with definitions and how they're going to regulate things. As far as the legislation going away - there is no legislation to go away. There's only regulations written by the FDA. The legislation that gave the FDA jurisdiction over tobacco products (which they say includes pipes) is signed, sealed and delivered. Now we just have to leave the rest in the hands of the rocket scientists at the FDA who routinely approve new drugs without thorough testing resulting in illness, lawsuits, and death.

Russ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hemlocktree

PostSubject: Re: new and have ? re: end date to buy new tobacco's   new and have ? re: end date to buy new tobacco's EmptyWed May 15, 2019 6:47 pm

thanks so much Russ.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zanaspus

Zanaspus

Registration date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Re: new and have ? re: end date to buy new tobacco's   new and have ? re: end date to buy new tobacco's EmptyThu May 16, 2019 4:02 pm

Leave it to Russ to put all confusion to an end!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

new and have ? re: end date to buy new tobacco's
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: