HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Favorite toy as a kid?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

Favorite toy as a kid? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite toy as a kid?   Favorite toy as a kid? - Page 2 EmptySun May 26, 2019 10:22 pm

[quote="Brewdude"]I generally regard my "kid" years as those up to the end of the 6th grade. Once I started Jr. High (as it was called then) in the 7th grade I was a pre-teen and mostly moved on from toys to other pursuits such as model rocketry-

Favorite toy as a kid? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3rU4ekw6nNlFCIcO7T-rzYz0g-3b3WA-qy264mXtYWg3cTLSmVA

Ohohoh model rockets when I was a kid, loved them. Was not always good at putting them together so parts may fall off at launch 😬, but always had fun with them.

We had mostly board games and models. Puzzles and card games were big family time stuff as well. We didn't really have any video games even though they were the new cool thing at the time, all my friends had either classic Nintendo or Sega master system.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jevverrett

Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Favorite toy as a kid?   Favorite toy as a kid? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 27, 2019 4:26 am

arkansaspiper wrote:
And I just remembered one does anybody remember the Ranger Rick magazine I was totally and utterly enthralled with Ranger Rick

Wasn’t that called big backyard? I remember that. And standard legos do still exist. My kids have them. At Nana’s house. Because they still also hurt terribly when you step on em lol.

I was also a huge Calvin and Hobbes fan. I had almost all the books.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arkansaspiper

arkansaspiper

Registration date : 2016-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Favorite toy as a kid?   Favorite toy as a kid? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 27, 2019 11:58 am

Well I am glad that they are still around those Legos I've had a hard time finding them and yes for the magazine I think it was but it was called Ranger Rick at one time here's a little raccoon dressed in a Rangers outfit talking about animals and nature
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeno Marx

Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Favorite toy as a kid?   Favorite toy as a kid? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 27, 2019 12:22 pm

I thought I knew what Ranger Rick was. Confused it with this Ready Ranger backpack thingy my mom picked up at a garage sale. I only used it to create a make-shift fort in the hallway when we shot rubberband guns at each other. The periscope was very handy for not getting hit. Now that I look back at it, it was a neat deal.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/85/77/23/8577238d92f0ff6751a4b1ec3df3e2e5.jpg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arkansaspiper

arkansaspiper

Registration date : 2016-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Favorite toy as a kid?   Favorite toy as a kid? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 27, 2019 11:50 pm

https://rangerrick.org/shop/subscriptions/?s_src=700000000082645&s_subsrc=Search_G_Grant_Ranger+Rick_Brand_Ranger+RickRanger+Rick+-+Core&ssource=700000000082645&kw=Search_G_Grant_Ranger+Rick_Brand_Ranger+RickRanger+Rick+-+Core
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Favorite toy as a kid?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2