HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Murray's Erinmore cube cut from the 70s

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

Murray's Erinmore cube cut from the 70s Empty
PostSubject: Murray's Erinmore cube cut from the 70s   Murray's Erinmore cube cut from the 70s EmptyFri May 24, 2019 3:57 pm

Did a trade on another forum for this gem.  The fragrance is amazing.  I am surprised how it stayed in tacked after all these years.
Blend Name: Murray's Erinmore Cube Cut
Description on Tin: This was a trade I did with someone on another forum.

Leaf:     Black Cavendish, Virginia, some fruit topping
Tin Aroma: Fragant like flowers.  Almost Lakeland-like
Taste: Mild, citrus, orange zest.  No bite at all
Smokability: Surprising still had moisture.  Would have thought it would be dryer then a popcorn fart.
Strength: Mild
Room Note: Lakeland-like, smokey.  Wife is not a fan of this one.

Thoughts:
I have had Capstan Blue and Capstan Red from 70's and 80's and also a MacBaren's Burley from the 60's.  I am amazed how these tobaccos age.  This is really the first floral aged tobacco I have tried.  One would think the citrus would have aged off into oblivion but here it is right in front.
Recommend to: Anyone that like to try old tobacco's that don't exist anymore

Similar Blends: 
Only thing close to this I have had is if you took G&H Best Brown #2 and added citrus to it

Summary:
An interesting smoke.   This a deviation of what I normally smoke and will come back to this when the mood an occasion hits.
Murray's Erinmore cube cut from the 70s Uru6y9H
Murray's Erinmore cube cut from the 70s T0mAZ76
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Murray's Erinmore cube cut from the 70s   Murray's Erinmore cube cut from the 70s EmptyMon May 27, 2019 6:56 pm

@eggman you are an Erinmore regular smoker if I recall correctly.  Do you get a Lakeland scent out of this blend today?   I just lit up my pipe I used to try the 45 year old stuff and it ghosted with a Lakeland scent.  Curious on your take
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Murray's Erinmore cube cut from the 70s   Murray's Erinmore cube cut from the 70s EmptyMon May 27, 2019 8:15 pm

I do smoke erinmore frequently. All I have sampled is current production. I have only heard of the old Murray’s production of erinmore. From what I remember it was definitely a love it or hate it blend. But I have never had the pleasure of sampling any Lakeland blends from what I remember. So I really don’t know about the ghosting of Lakeland.

Now I will add that my wife loves to smell of erinmore when I smoke it. She will also take several puffs on my pipe when I smoke it. She really likes the taste and flavor it too.

But I have some 15y/o+ 952 and she wouldn’t care if I threw all of that in the trash. She doesn’t care for the flavor and aroma of it at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Murray's Erinmore cube cut from the 70s   Murray's Erinmore cube cut from the 70s EmptyMon May 27, 2019 8:44 pm

Ok I guess I didn’t answer the question possibly too many PBR’s and George Dickel.

I have smoked erinmore in several pipes. I have not noticed any ghosting in any of them. Dr. Grabow, MM, Stanwells, Nordings and kaywoodies are in my regular rotation and no problems with ghosting.

But I have no idea what the difference I’d between the new line and the old line. If it’s anyone like the last 20 years of changes I bet you version is awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Murray's Erinmore cube cut from the 70s
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: