HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Never woulda thunk it...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Idlefellow

Idlefellow

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Never woulda thunk it... Empty
PostSubject: Never woulda thunk it...   Never woulda thunk it... EmptyMon Jun 03, 2019 10:30 am

A friend sent me a mystery sample of tobacco he was enjoying for me to try.  I quite liked it and asked him to reveal so I might order some: Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend!  I immediately ordered a pound can (which I guess are 12 or 14oz. now) and have really enjoyed it.  Not sure I ever even tried it back in the day but it seems to suit these days.

So, on a whim, I ordered a can of Sir Walter Raleigh, and guess what?  I like it too!  The cut makes for easy packing - perfect for the stream.  I remember trying most all of the drug store blends years ago but I suppose I thought I was much too sophisticated for those plebian blends.  What goes around comes around...or...something.
Back to top Go down
Zanaspus

Zanaspus

Registration date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Never woulda thunk it...   Never woulda thunk it... EmptyMon Jun 03, 2019 10:48 am

I love most all of them. The only ones that don't do it for me are Half & Half and Granger.
Back to top Go down
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Never woulda thunk it...   Never woulda thunk it... EmptyMon Jun 03, 2019 11:41 pm

SWR is a good reliable smoke glad you've given it a chance.

Jim
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Never woulda thunk it...   Never woulda thunk it... EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 12:11 am

I still hit Carter Hall occasionally. I like it when I smoke it. And I'm mostly a Virginia guy!
Back to top Go down
Animage

Registration date : 2019-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Never woulda thunk it...   Never woulda thunk it... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 1:51 pm

I've got around 50-60 Jars of different blends, but still seem to stop at the gas station every few weeks for another pouch of Carter Hall.
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Never woulda thunk it...   Never woulda thunk it... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 7:48 pm

I do like the codger blends occasionally. CH and PA are right up there, but for some reason EGR bites me like a rabid dog! Love the flavor though.

Cheers,

RR

Never woulda thunk it... Purple11x 2Never woulda thunk it... Bombx10  Never woulda thunk it... Bombx7 Never woulda thunk it... D6bddf10 Never woulda thunk it... 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d Never woulda thunk it... Cowboy13

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
ftrplt

ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Never woulda thunk it...   Never woulda thunk it... EmptyThu Jun 06, 2019 11:45 am

CH for me, with PA a goodly backup. Haven't tried SWR, Half & Half, etc. in 50 years!!! cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Never woulda thunk it...   Never woulda thunk it... EmptyFri Jun 07, 2019 10:24 pm

CH is my go to “codger” blend. Revelation, edgeworth and half and half are good too. I never have really liked PA, SWR or captain black. I tried mixture 79 because I read that it was Hugh Hefner’s goto blend back in the day. But I just couldn’t make myself like that stuff.
Back to top Go down
ftrplt

ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Never woulda thunk it...   Never woulda thunk it... EmptySat Jun 08, 2019 1:00 pm

Mixture 79 and Paladin's Black Cherry were neck and neck for the worst pipe tobacco I ever tried!! Yuck!!

As I have recently been bequeathed a goodly portion of EGR, I look forward to trying it for the first time!! cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down

Never woulda thunk it...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: