HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Not bombed...HARPOONED!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

Not bombed...HARPOONED! Empty
PostSubject: Not bombed...HARPOONED!   Not bombed...HARPOONED! EmptyMon Jun 10, 2019 3:34 pm

A few days after a simple business deal with a brother here I get this box in the mail.  Hmmm.  Should I call the Bomb Squad?  Well...it looked harmless enough (the best ones always do).  Opened it up and found a black box inside.  Hmmm.  Found a letter too.  Hot damn!  It’s a “gift”.  Aside from a very nice letter I discovered a new Opus 88 Demonstrator (a fountain pen...a really nice one).  Unique...it’s an ‘eye dropper’ pen...you unscrew the body of the pen from the nib section and fill it from a bottle with an eye dropper.  It takes 3.5 fl Oz of ink, which is HUGE).  The thing is beautifully machined.  You can’t see the seams.  It’s big and slightly heavy and feels and writes superbly.

Thanks Briar Beagle.  You da man!  Of course I don’t deserve a gift like this, but I ain’t sending it back.  Smile

Not bombed...HARPOONED! 8c810b10
Not bombed...HARPOONED! 09806510
Not bombed...HARPOONED! 4d442b10

Currently inked with Apache Sunset...

Not bombed...HARPOONED! 4dac8710

Not bombed...HARPOONED! D6bddf10Not bombed...HARPOONED! 29400910Not bombed...HARPOONED! 114e6110Not bombed...HARPOONED! Ddb39b10Not bombed...HARPOONED! Cf77ce10Not bombed...HARPOONED! Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Not bombed...HARPOONED!   Not bombed...HARPOONED! EmptyMon Jun 10, 2019 4:54 pm

Very nice pen and my goodness it’s huge. That’s a awesome color too. Congratulations on the great gift.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Not bombed...HARPOONED!   Not bombed...HARPOONED! EmptyMon Jun 10, 2019 5:50 pm

It's a water bottle with a nib! Nicely done, both!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Not bombed...HARPOONED!   Not bombed...HARPOONED! EmptyMon Jun 10, 2019 9:51 pm

Boy o boy that baby sure looks like it can go on a diet, it is a fatty lol! Like the simplistic look of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Not bombed...HARPOONED!   Not bombed...HARPOONED! EmptyMon Jun 10, 2019 10:45 pm

It’s not quite as large as the photos would lead you to think, but it ain’t small. Next to something dainty like a Pelican M200 it does look rather like a Hummer.

Not bombed...HARPOONED! D6bddf10Not bombed...HARPOONED! 29400910Not bombed...HARPOONED! 114e6110Not bombed...HARPOONED! Ddb39b10Not bombed...HARPOONED! Cf77ce10Not bombed...HARPOONED! Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

PostSubject: Re: Not bombed...HARPOONED!   Not bombed...HARPOONED! EmptyMon Jun 10, 2019 11:29 pm

Did I hear it right? Did I hear some say they have a big fatty fire up and pass around? Puff puff puff pass you’re messing up the rotation

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Not bombed...HARPOONED!   Not bombed...HARPOONED! EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 12:13 am

eggman wrote:
Did I hear it right? Did I hear some say they have a big fatty fire up and pass around? Puff puff puff pass you’re messing up the rotation

Calm down son. Take a minute to settle yourself before you go off the deep end.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Not bombed...HARPOONED!   Not bombed...HARPOONED! EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 2:05 pm

eggman wrote:

Don’t forget...what you’re referring to is legal here in Oregon.  There are Green Cross stores all over the place. And not limited to medical use. Just don’t let the Feds catch you.

Not bombed...HARPOONED! 420d3410

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Not bombed...HARPOONED!   Not bombed...HARPOONED! EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 2:11 am

Nice pen! I've found a bit of weight and girth makes a writing instrument much more comfortable. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Not bombed...HARPOONED!   Not bombed...HARPOONED! EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 2:14 am

The photo is skewed. That’s a small hand. I have XXL glove size hands and it feels very good to me. And I agree...I like a bit of heft as well. It’s really a beautiful pen.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

PostSubject: Re: Not bombed...HARPOONED!   Not bombed...HARPOONED! EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 7:20 am

In case I missed it, what size nib is on it? How does it write?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Not bombed...HARPOONED!   Not bombed...HARPOONED! EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 9:31 am

It came with a German JoWo broad nib...but has since had a 1.1 Stub from the same company installed. It writes very, very well.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BriarBeagle

BriarBeagle

Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Not bombed...HARPOONED!   Not bombed...HARPOONED! EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 11:12 am

So pleased to hear you are enjoying it, sir. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Not bombed...HARPOONED!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: Community In Action-
Jump to: