HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Taking pipes on a trip

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Valdus

Valdus

Registration date : 2019-05-15

Taking pipes on a trip  Empty
PostSubject: Taking pipes on a trip    Taking pipes on a trip  EmptyMon Jun 10, 2019 7:38 pm

I am going to Jamaica in a couple of days. I am thinking of taking a falcon and two bowls and a cob, along with a sealed tin of Presbyterian. Nothing I cannot replace. What does the Brotherhood think? I would prefer no TSA hassle, glory to the days when you could travel with a rifle and an elephant and no one would care!
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Taking pipes on a trip    Taking pipes on a trip  EmptyMon Jun 10, 2019 9:41 pm

You should be fine. I've flown with more.

No worries eh?
Back to top Go down
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Taking pipes on a trip    Taking pipes on a trip  EmptyMon Jun 10, 2019 9:46 pm

Depending on where i go depends on the pipes i bring. I currently have two cobs and two cheap Molinas due to the environment here and I'm not worried about anything happening. When i travel state side (or any other civilized country) I'll bring my good stuff with me, brought a few Petersons with me to Korea last year. I've had them in my carry on bag before, but now that i think about it those were all chartered flights so I'm not what the TSA rules are right off hand.
Back to top Go down
ftrplt

ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Taking pipes on a trip    Taking pipes on a trip  EmptyWed Jun 12, 2019 12:42 pm

I take three or four pipes with me when I travel. I have a leather carry-case for five plus pockets for matches, tools, cleaners, etc. Tobacco goes in plastic baggies, then all put in a gallon baggie for airplane/train travel. cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
SteveMKentucky

SteveMKentucky

Registration date : 2018-03-23

PostSubject: Good timing   Taking pipes on a trip  EmptyWed Jun 12, 2019 4:43 pm

I was just thinking about this today. My concern is my pipe tool. I'd like to think I can take my pipe and tool in my carryon but I really don't want to get it confiscated by the gestapo.
Back to top Go down
taharris

taharris

Registration date : 2011-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Taking pipes on a trip    Taking pipes on a trip  EmptyThu Jun 13, 2019 5:52 pm

Take nothing with a blade. I lost a good pipe tool that way once.

Also, lighters are a no no.

Todd
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/taharris/turningsbytodd

Taking pipes on a trip
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: