HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Taking pipes on a trip

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Valdus

Valdus

Registration date : 2019-05-15

Taking pipes on a trip  Empty
PostSubject: Taking pipes on a trip    Taking pipes on a trip  EmptyMon Jun 10, 2019 7:38 pm

I am going to Jamaica in a couple of days. I am thinking of taking a falcon and two bowls and a cob, along with a sealed tin of Presbyterian. Nothing I cannot replace. What does the Brotherhood think? I would prefer no TSA hassle, glory to the days when you could travel with a rifle and an elephant and no one would care!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Taking pipes on a trip    Taking pipes on a trip  EmptyMon Jun 10, 2019 9:41 pm

You should be fine. I've flown with more.

No worries eh?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Taking pipes on a trip    Taking pipes on a trip  EmptyMon Jun 10, 2019 9:46 pm

Depending on where i go depends on the pipes i bring. I currently have two cobs and two cheap Molinas due to the environment here and I'm not worried about anything happening. When i travel state side (or any other civilized country) I'll bring my good stuff with me, brought a few Petersons with me to Korea last year. I've had them in my carry on bag before, but now that i think about it those were all chartered flights so I'm not what the TSA rules are right off hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ftrplt

ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Taking pipes on a trip    Taking pipes on a trip  EmptyWed Jun 12, 2019 12:42 pm

I take three or four pipes with me when I travel. I have a leather carry-case for five plus pockets for matches, tools, cleaners, etc. Tobacco goes in plastic baggies, then all put in a gallon baggie for airplane/train travel. cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SteveMKentucky

SteveMKentucky

Registration date : 2018-03-23

PostSubject: Good timing   Taking pipes on a trip  EmptyWed Jun 12, 2019 4:43 pm

I was just thinking about this today. My concern is my pipe tool. I'd like to think I can take my pipe and tool in my carryon but I really don't want to get it confiscated by the gestapo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
taharris

taharris

Registration date : 2011-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Taking pipes on a trip    Taking pipes on a trip  EmptyThu Jun 13, 2019 5:52 pm

Take nothing with a blade. I lost a good pipe tool that way once.

Also, lighters are a no no.

Todd
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wix.com/taharris/turningsbytodd

Taking pipes on a trip
Page 1 of 1