HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

New Peterson Ordered.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SteveMKentucky

SteveMKentucky

Registration date : 2018-03-23

New Peterson Ordered. Empty
PostSubject: New Peterson Ordered.   New Peterson Ordered. EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 8:21 pm

I've always had an attraction to the Dunhill dress pipes but just can't bring myself to pay the prices they demand. I found that Peterson offers an alternative dress pipe (black ebony) with a military (spigot) bit, so just bit the bullet tonight and ordered. Now the decision about which of my favorite tobaccos to which I'll dedicate the pipe:

New Peterson Ordered. R04a3l
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: New Peterson Ordered.   New Peterson Ordered. EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 8:39 pm

Steve, that’s a awesome looking pipe. I’ve been wanting a military bit myself for awhile. I’ve had 2 Peterson’s pipes and have no complaints with them at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SteveMKentucky

SteveMKentucky

PostSubject: Peterson   New Peterson Ordered. EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 8:46 pm

eggman wrote:
Steve, that’s a awesome looking pipe. I’ve been wanting a military bit myself for awhile. I’ve had 2 Peterson’s pipes and have no complaints with them at all.

I own a few Peterson's as well. I must admit that I prefer my Dunhill and Ashton pipes, the Peterson's have been good pipes. With the exception of the P-bit pipes I have found Peterson's to smoke well. We'll see with this one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: New Peterson Ordered.   New Peterson Ordered. EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 9:22 pm

That's a nice one! I have one Pete that I like except for the P-lip button. Some day I'll own another Pete.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: New Peterson Ordered.   New Peterson Ordered. EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 9:38 pm

It’s pretty much even money between that Pete or a Dunhill being the better smoker. You done good.

New Peterson Ordered. D6bddf10New Peterson Ordered. 29400910New Peterson Ordered. 114e6110New Peterson Ordered. Ddb39b10New Peterson Ordered. Cf77ce10New Peterson Ordered. Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: New Peterson Ordered.   New Peterson Ordered. EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 9:45 pm

SteveMKentucky wrote:
eggman wrote:

I own a few Peterson's as well.  I must admit that I prefer my Dunhill and Ashton pipes, the Peterson's have been good pipes.  With the exception of the P-bit pipes I have found Peterson's to smoke well.  We'll see with this one.

I too am not a P-lip fan. But with any pipe you can get some that are good smokers and some that are duds. I have a couple Dunhills one is a excellent smoker and the other one is not.

I had a p-lip and I hated it. I really tried to like it. I traded it to a past member here and he loved it. Last I heard from him he was still smoking it and liked it. I guess to each his own.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

PostSubject: Re: New Peterson Ordered.   New Peterson Ordered. EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 10:12 pm

Thats a nice looking pipe. I have quite a few Petes and love them all, yes EVEN THE P-LIPS! I don't yet have one as fancy as yours but I will soon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valdus

Valdus

Registration date : 2019-05-15

PostSubject: Re: New Peterson Ordered.   New Peterson Ordered. EmptyWed Jun 12, 2019 9:51 am

I just got a Peterson as many of you know, no doubt I’ll get a second. If I can avoid the p-Lip.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SteveMKentucky

SteveMKentucky

PostSubject: Fishtail Available?   New Peterson Ordered. EmptyFri Jun 14, 2019 8:21 am

Valdus wrote:
I just got a Peterson as many of you know, no doubt I’ll get a second. If I can avoid the p-Lip.

Unless I'm mistaken most Peterson's are available with the fishtail bit.  I used to buy my Peterson's from John Crouch Tobacconist in Old Town Alexandria.  If they had a pipe that I liked that had a p-lip, they would order a fishtail for me.

BTW, my tracking notice indicates that my new pipe will be in today!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SteveMKentucky

SteveMKentucky

PostSubject: Arrived!   New Peterson Ordered. EmptyFri Jun 14, 2019 4:58 pm

The new pipe arrived today!

I must say I'm very pleased with it...particularly for the price. Fit and finish are quite good and the pipe is surprisingly light like an old Dunhill. I'm smoking it now on my front porch and it draws quite well too. I think this pipe will very likely be in the top ranking of my collection.

The markings on the spigot silver are very nice and include makers marks on the bottom like fine English silver:

New Peterson Ordered. 334kjtk

New Peterson Ordered. 2ihmfe0

New Peterson Ordered. 33p6ekn

New Peterson Ordered. 2j5u69
Back to top Go down
View user profile
peanubutter

peanubutter

Registration date : 2019-01-20

PostSubject: Re: New Peterson Ordered.   New Peterson Ordered. EmptyFri Jun 14, 2019 6:05 pm

That is a great looking pipe. Congrats! sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New Peterson Ordered.   New Peterson Ordered. EmptyFri Jun 14, 2019 7:26 pm

Love the double silver army mount!

Cool

Cheers,

RR

New Peterson Ordered. Purple11x 2New Peterson Ordered. Bombx10  New Peterson Ordered. Bombx5New Peterson Ordered. D6bddf10 New Peterson Ordered. 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

PostSubject: Re: New Peterson Ordered.   New Peterson Ordered. EmptyFri Jun 14, 2019 11:41 pm

Very sharp looking. I love Petersons, I've read quite a few bad reviews about the smoking and finish quality but I have never seen it. I have mostly Petersons and they all smoke fantastic
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swhipple

swhipple

Registration date : 2013-05-02

PostSubject: Re: New Peterson Ordered.   New Peterson Ordered. EmptySat Jun 15, 2019 6:37 am

That is a nice looking pipe. I love that silver military mount!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: New Peterson Ordered.   New Peterson Ordered. EmptySat Jun 15, 2019 10:20 am

I have the same pipe and the Silver Fishtail Spigot is one of my all time favorite pipes. I have been seriously considering buying another one lately.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SteveMKentucky

SteveMKentucky

PostSubject: Margate   New Peterson Ordered. EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 11:47 am

Well, I finally decided to dedicate this pipe to Margate. Until now I haven't had a pipe dedicated to it so that fills the void...and I think it perfectly appropriate to the pipe!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: New Peterson Ordered.   New Peterson Ordered. EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 9:56 pm

Some Petes can take a while to break in, but once it is, you got something! Enjoy.

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
History Prof 1861

History Prof 1861

Registration date : 2016-10-16

PostSubject: Re: New Peterson Ordered.   New Peterson Ordered. EmptySun Jun 23, 2019 2:59 pm

That is a very good looking pipe
Back to top Go down
View user profile

New Peterson Ordered.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: PAD & TAD-
Jump to: