HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Is it mold?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
filmaker

Registration date : 2019-07-12

Is it mold? Empty
PostSubject: Is it mold?   Is it mold? EmptyFri Jul 12, 2019 12:36 am

Is it mold? Olrxwj10
Is it mold? 41l8g311
Hi gangs. I opened one of my mason jar contained dunhill deluxe navy roll. and I've found some unusual thing on the tobacco.
Do u think is it mold?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

Is it mold? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it mold?   Is it mold? EmptyFri Jul 12, 2019 12:55 am

Is what you’re asking about that really white patch that looks like a piece of toenail paper in the top photo?

If so, it certainly isn’t “bloom”. What’s it feel like? Is it thick & heavy? Light and tears easily? Need more data.

Is it mold? D6bddf10Is it mold? 29400910Is it mold? 114e6110Is it mold? Ddb39b10Is it mold? Cf77ce10Is it mold? Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
filmaker

Is it mold? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it mold?   Is it mold? EmptyFri Jul 12, 2019 1:42 am

Blackhorse wrote:
Is what you’re asking about that really white patch that looks like a piece of toenail paper in the top photo?

If so, it certainly isn’t “bloom”.  What’s it feel like?  Is it thick & heavy?  Light and tears easily?  Need more data.

yes, it is. and second picture is I took it out couple of them from the tobacco. It is very soft and looks fluffy. and I can find on the crunchy tobacco's stem part only. Usually the stem part is hard but it doesn't have hard feeling anymore. very light and tears very easily just like a cotton.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Is it mold? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it mold?   Is it mold? EmptyFri Jul 12, 2019 1:46 am

Hmmm. I’m certainly no expert on this, but from your comments I’d have to guess that it IS some firm of mold. Again, it’s not bloom, so that leaves just mold.

But it’s odd. It’s SO white and thick looking. It doesn’t look like a mold formation. Looks sorta like spider web.

Is it mold? D6bddf10Is it mold? 29400910Is it mold? 114e6110Is it mold? Ddb39b10Is it mold? Cf77ce10Is it mold? Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
filmaker

Is it mold? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it mold?   Is it mold? EmptyFri Jul 12, 2019 2:01 am

Blackhorse wrote:
Hmmm.  I’m certainly no expert on this, but from your comments I’d have to guess that it IS some firm of mold.  Again, it’s not bloom, so that leaves just mold.

But it’s odd.  It’s SO white and thick looking.  It doesn’t look like a mold formation.  Looks sorta like spider web.
It feels like it's in the middle of decaying now. because it supposed to hard but it has become super soft.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Is it mold? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it mold?   Is it mold? EmptyFri Jul 12, 2019 2:05 am

Hmmm. Well, my advice, given we don’t know WHAT it is, would be to chuck it all. If it IS mold, by the time the white fruiting part shows itself there are runners all throughout the rest of the tobacco. I wouldn’t be ingesting that stuff.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
filmaker

Is it mold? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it mold?   Is it mold? EmptyFri Jul 12, 2019 2:26 am

Blackhorse wrote:
Hmmm.  Well, my advice, given we don’t know WHAT it is, would be to chuck it all.  If it IS mold, by the time the white fruiting part shows itself there are runners all throughout the rest of the tobacco.  I wouldn’t be ingesting that stuff.  
I took it out from the tobacco and I've tried to smoke around 1/3of bowl yesterday and it was fine. actually The taste was better than original though.lol. and I decide it not to smoke anymore. I feel little frustrated because I kept it for 4year for aging, and I cannot buy it anymore since we cannot get ST version of dunhill de luxe navy roll, unfortunately. Anyway I appreciate ur advise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

Is it mold? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it mold?   Is it mold? EmptyFri Jul 12, 2019 10:40 am

Doesn't particulary look like mold but it's definitely not plume. Looks more like a foriegn object, lint off a sweater or something. Most everyone that has experienced finding mold in a tin will testify to the fact that it gives off a most unpleasant aroma.

The fact that your navy rolls smelled good and tasted good tells me that it's not mold, but I think you're better off safe than sorry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin
Carlos

Registration date : 2007-12-10

Is it mold? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it mold?   Is it mold? EmptyFri Jul 12, 2019 11:08 am

Is it mouse hide? I often find bits of rope, or twine in certain brands. The photo does not have enough resolution for me to tell. But it kinda has that look of critter hide, or cloth.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

Is it mold? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it mold?   Is it mold? EmptyFri Jul 12, 2019 11:44 am

If it smells musty it's mold. If it doesn't smell musty, it will.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Is it mold?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: