HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Answers to questions we have had about our space program

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bub

Bub

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Answers to questions we have had about our space program Empty
PostSubject: Answers to questions we have had about our space program   Answers to questions we have had about our space program EmptySat Jul 20, 2019 8:37 pm

https://www.newsweek.com/nasa-women-astronauts-pee-space-how-1450293
Back to top Go down
ftrplt

ftrplt

PostSubject: Re: Answers to questions we have had about our space program   Answers to questions we have had about our space program EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 5:23 pm

This "situation" popped up during my USAF days deploying in jet fighters "across the pond" for long (my longest was 14 hrs!!) hours, usually while wearing a survival suit (affectionately called a poopy suit!!). We had "piddle packs," medium-sized thick plastic baggies with a sponge inside for us to "piddle." All well and good for a guy; not so good for a female, but at this time, there were no female fighter types. There were, however, a few female flight surgeons! We had one back in the F-105 days. On our scheduled deployment to England many years ago, she decided that she wanted to personally experience what it was like to deploy/fly all that distance while confined in a fighter cockpit. Since we had one "family model (two-seat") F-105, we scheduled her to fly with us. Several of us did talk with her about the physiological challenges of such a trip for her. Her reply was "I understand and I'll take care of it!" She cathed herself for the journey!! Had a great time, really enjoyed the experience so much she flew back with us when we deployed back to the States!! cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Answers to questions we have had about our space program   Answers to questions we have had about our space program EmptyMon Jul 22, 2019 1:08 pm

ftrplt wrote:
This "situation" popped up during my USAF days deploying in jet fighters "across the pond" for long (my longest was 14 hrs!!) hours, usually while wearing a survival suit (affectionately called a poopy suit!!). We had "piddle packs," medium-sized thick plastic baggies with a sponge inside for us to "piddle." All well and good for a guy; not so good for a female, but at  this time, there were no female fighter types. There were, however, a few female flight surgeons! We had one back in the F-105 days. On our scheduled deployment to England many years ago, she decided that she wanted to personally experience what it was like to deploy/fly all that distance while confined in a fighter cockpit. Since we had one "family model (two-seat") F-105, we scheduled her to fly with us. Several of us did talk with her about the physiological challenges of such a trip for her. Her reply was "I understand and I'll take care of it!" She cathed herself for the journey!! Had a great time, really enjoyed the experience so much she flew back with us when we deployed back to the States!! cheers FTRPLT

Never thought I would see "She cathed herself" and "Had a great time" in the same story before . . .
Back to top Go down
Bub

Bub

PostSubject: Re: Answers to questions we have had about our space program   Answers to questions we have had about our space program EmptyMon Jul 22, 2019 1:22 pm

I always wondered about farting and belching in space.
Thankfully they found out.
Back to top Go down

Answers to questions we have had about our space program
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: