HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Prelude to Murder (1946) colorized

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

Prelude to Murder (1946) colorized Empty
PostSubject: Prelude to Murder (1946) colorized   Prelude to Murder (1946) colorized EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 8:50 pm

While watching Basil Rathbone & Nigel Bruce do their usual crisp portrayal of Holmes and Watson in “Prelude to Murder” (1946) I immensely enjoyed the short scene in which Holmes visits a Peterson’s Tobacco Shoppe where he questions the clerk on a special order cigarette tied to the killer. It turns out the blend was almost wholly Egyptian with a bit of Latakia and just a whisper of Perique. The conversation took place behind a huge 3’ tall ceramic tobacco jar with the Peterson logo. Boy did I lust after that.

Such a charming movie. Though I’ve read that Rathbone detested making them by the time they got round to this one. I still like Jeremy Brett the best though.

Prelude to Murder (1946) colorized D6bddf10Prelude to Murder (1946) colorized 29400910Prelude to Murder (1946) colorized 114e6110Prelude to Murder (1946) colorized Ddb39b10Prelude to Murder (1946) colorized Cf77ce10Prelude to Murder (1946) colorized Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Prelude to Murder (1946) colorized
Page 1 of 1