HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Sutliff 515 RC-1

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Old Nate
Not Really Old
Old Nate

Registration date : 2014-08-27

Sutliff 515 RC-1 Empty
PostSubject: Sutliff 515 RC-1   Sutliff 515 RC-1 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 10:28 pm

This stuff is a real banger! That Virgina tang is in full force here and puffed slowly remains throughout. As the bowl went on and if I pushed it I got some deeper, earthy bready notes but always a backdrop to that classic Virginia zing! Only one bowl in but I’m very impressed with Sutliff 515 RC-1, and for a bulk, really couldn’t ask for more here! Produces a good amount of smoke and stayed consistent, mostly on the high note side of things and picked up some sweetness toward the latter half of the bowl. I would say a little lighter than Red Cake, and a little different but in a very good way!

These are the blends of which i think I get the most enjoyment. It’s simple, flavorful, comes at a very nice moisture content and doesn’t knock me on my butt! One of the best Sutliff blends I’ve had to date!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

Sutliff 515 RC-1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sutliff 515 RC-1   Sutliff 515 RC-1 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 8:47 am

Second Opinion:

Sutliff - Matured Red VA...

The fairly tangy, earthy, woody, ripe dark fruity red Virginia also sports a very light tart sour note with a bare hint of the floral and bread. The strength is a step past the center of mild to medium, while the taste is close to medium. The nic-hit is tad less potent than the strength level. Won’t bite or get harsh. It may need a very light dry time. Burns cool and clean at a slightly slow pace if the tobacco is moist. Has a very consistent sweet flavor with a touch of savoriness from start to finish. Leaves little moisture in the bowl, and requires an average number of relights. Has a pleasant, lightly lingering after taste and room note. An all day smoke that also makes a excellent mixer. It’s not quite McClelland 5100 - much less vinegar, and it's tangier, but just a little less sweeter - but it is the closest you will get to it. Should age well, though it’s ready to go as it is.

-JimInks

Sutliff 515 RC-1 D6bddf10Sutliff 515 RC-1 29400910Sutliff 515 RC-1 114e6110Sutliff 515 RC-1 Ddb39b10Sutliff 515 RC-1 Cf77ce10Sutliff 515 RC-1 Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

Sutliff 515 RC-1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sutliff 515 RC-1   Sutliff 515 RC-1 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 11:45 pm

Yup, it's pretty nice! Give it a few months in a jar and the zinginess tones down. Glad you're liking it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

Sutliff 515 RC-1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sutliff 515 RC-1   Sutliff 515 RC-1 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2019 10:14 am

I blend it with a 8 year old perique and stoved virginia and press into pucks. Stuff is awesome and is my daily blend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Sutliff 515 RC-1
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: