Dorian

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DrT999

DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

Dorian Empty
PostSubject: Dorian   Dorian EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 8:05 pm

Best of luck to anyone having to face Dorian and its effects. One strand of the models has it heading here right now; hopefully the other 10 or so are correct and it skirts the coast instead.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999 Online
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

Dorian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorian   Dorian EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 9:08 pm

Prayers being offered, hope springing eternal.

Dorian D6bddf10Dorian 29400910Dorian 114e6110Dorian Ddb39b10Dorian Cf77ce10Dorian Dd692012
Back to top Go down
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

Dorian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorian   Dorian EmptyMon Sep 02, 2019 11:16 am

Was looking at the Euro model and looks like just a coastal event here in NC. I was hoping to head to the beach the end of this month but as I was stepping through the Euro model through Sept. 11th there are two more disturbances making their way across the Atlantic.

Oh well, I guess getting married in September was a bad idea. Guess I will start researching local restaurants.
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

Dorian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorian   Dorian EmptyMon Sep 02, 2019 11:33 am

GeoffC wrote:
Was looking at the Euro model and looks like just a coastal event here in NC.   I was hoping to head to the beach the end of this month but as I was stepping through the Euro model through Sept. 11th there are two more disturbances making their way across the Atlantic.  

Oh well, I guess getting married in September was a bad idea.   Guess I will start researching local restaurants.

We have really nice beaches here in Oregon...why not head this way?

Dorian D6bddf10Dorian 29400910Dorian 114e6110Dorian Ddb39b10Dorian Cf77ce10Dorian Dd692012
Back to top Go down
GeoffC

GeoffC

Dorian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorian   Dorian EmptyMon Sep 02, 2019 5:46 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
GeoffC wrote:
Was looking at the Euro model and looks like just a coastal event here in NC.   I was hoping to head to the beach the end of this month but as I was stepping through the Euro model through Sept. 11th there are two more disturbances making their way across the Atlantic.  

Oh well, I guess getting married in September was a bad idea.   Guess I will start researching local restaurants.

We have really nice beaches here in Oregon...why not head this way?

Well two reasons:

1) This would be a weekend trip and spending the entire weekend flying to Oregon would seem extreme
2) Both my wife and I hate flying

I would love to visit Stumptown Coffee. When I owned a coffeeshop we had a custom made La Marzocco FB-70. Only 3 of them were made and I could dial in the water temp within a 10th of a degree and it poured beautiful espresso. Had a lot of patrons would travel out to Portland and they would troll the owner. Every time they were asked how the espresso was they would respond, "Almost as good as my shop back home". The guy emailed one time asking who the hell I was! It was a good laugh. But I hear his as serious as myself on espresso so I would love to experience myself sometime.
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

Dorian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorian   Dorian EmptyMon Sep 02, 2019 7:21 pm

I've been following the progress of Dorian and hope all you in the path have prepared properly. It's still a question of where it may make landfall.

Cheers,

RR

Dorian Purple11x 2Dorian Bombx10  Dorian Bombx7Dorian D6bddf10 Dorian 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
DrT999

DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

Dorian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorian   Dorian EmptyMon Sep 02, 2019 7:24 pm

Brewdude wrote:
I've been following the progress of Dorian and hope all you in the path have prepared properly. It's still a question of where it may make landfall.

At least the one model that had it going far inland is now predicting a coastal route like the others; hopefully it will skirt the coast and not directly impact any coastal area. Now comes the waiting....
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999 Online
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

Registration date : 2007-12-22

Dorian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorian   Dorian EmptyMon Sep 02, 2019 10:17 pm

DrT999 wrote:
Brewdude wrote:

At least the one model that had it going far inland is now predicting a coastal route like the others; hopefully it will skirt the coast and not directly impact any coastal area.  Now comes the waiting....

Like the song Tom petty sang,,,,,,The waiting’s the hardest part
Back to top Go down
Valdus

Valdus

Registration date : 2019-05-15

Dorian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorian   Dorian EmptyThu Sep 05, 2019 1:46 pm

Unfortunately the game of Category Roulette ain't over here on the Gulf Coast, we constantly on the vigil for something entering our gulf of uncertainty!
Back to top Go down
GeoffC

GeoffC

Dorian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorian   Dorian EmptyFri Sep 13, 2019 5:26 pm

Here is the fly over of the damage.

https://storms.ngs.noaa.gov/storms/dorian/index.html#11/34.7171/-76.3482

My fishing/camping trip is at Cape Lookout National Seashore. Last year Florence took about 1/2 mile of point off the island. Looks like Dorian took another 1/2 mile. If you move north in the photo you will see New Drum Inlet. That didn't use to be there and split Cape Lookout into south core and north core island. Nobody can get to the north point of south core after Florence. I fished there 5 years ago, now you have to hike, no vehicles and you will likely get swamped by high tide before you get out of there. North Core island looks like it have chewed up with Dorian and likely will break up into smaller barrier islands or if we get another big one, just gone.

Portsmouth and Ocracoke Island is the next one up and it got trashed pretty bad as well. Pretty amazing and why I would never buy a house on the coast.
Back to top Go down

Dorian
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: Life Events-
Jump to: