HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pipex 3 [change of look due to defects]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sid.Stavros

Sid.Stavros

Registration date : 2015-08-05

Pipex 3 [change of look due to defects] Empty
PostSubject: Pipex 3 [change of look due to defects]   Pipex 3 [change of look due to defects] EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 4:34 am

I had a Pipex 3 pipe with no good grain and a big dark mark on the left side so one day i decide to make her rustic so those things wouldn't be visible.

Pipex 3 [change of look due to defects] 277672410757276a68fd966e110b67fe68780013

Unfortunately due to my pc problem last year many photos are gone and i never manage to retrieve them so i haven't got the ''left side'' photos to see the bad grain and the dark mark.

Pipex 3 [change of look due to defects] 27767240ffc2053a3c8a76578603d8eac3bd3d8a

This is the final result and to be honest i am not happy. I have done some experiments with ''duo tone'' contrast and i am not satisfied with the results.
What's your opinion?

You can see the procedure with step by step photos here: https://pipe-smoke.blogspot.com/2010/02/8.html
The pipe code is: M8-3

or in a video with music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZgH0annIZc

Ladies & Gentlemen thank you for watching!  Pipex 3 [change of look due to defects] 1757601007405ab375c0aa29d9ae6479c8c812af
Back to top Go down
http://pipe-smoke.blogspot.gr/
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Pipex 3 [change of look due to defects]   Pipex 3 [change of look due to defects] EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 8:24 am

Sid, sorry to hear you're not happy with the results. It looks like a real improvement over where you started though. Contrast staining can be a real bear to mess with. All I can suggest is to keep your eyes open you may find something that will give you the results you want in strange places. I had one I ended up using brown India ink on because stains just looked muddy. Good luck in your search. Oh and I think it turned out beautiful but I'm a bit biased because I know you do great work.

Jim
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Pipex 3 [change of look due to defects]   Pipex 3 [change of look due to defects] EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 9:00 am

Sid - in what way are you not satisfied?

Pipex 3 [change of look due to defects] D6bddf10Pipex 3 [change of look due to defects] 29400910Pipex 3 [change of look due to defects] 114e6110Pipex 3 [change of look due to defects] Ddb39b10Pipex 3 [change of look due to defects] Cf77ce10Pipex 3 [change of look due to defects] Dd692012Pipex 3 [change of look due to defects] Cowboy13
Back to top Go down
Sid.Stavros

Sid.Stavros

PostSubject: Re: Pipex 3 [change of look due to defects]   Pipex 3 [change of look due to defects] EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 4:10 am

Thank you Gentlemen! I am not so happy because the lines or rustic are a little bit U shape than _ which means i bent my hand while working so the lines have an inclination. The contrast isn't so good, looks like the bowl has ''facial acne'' with those dark spots.
Back to top Go down
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Pipex 3 [change of look due to defects]   Pipex 3 [change of look due to defects] EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 7:01 pm

Well it looks great to me! I guess an artist is never satisfied but I guess I don't know what in your mind's eye you wanted it to look like.
Back to top Go down
MAW

MAW

Registration date : 2019-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Pipex 3 [change of look due to defects]   Pipex 3 [change of look due to defects] EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 8:49 pm

GeoffC wrote:
Well it looks great to me!  I guess an artist is never satisfied but I guess I don't know what in your mind's eye you wanted it to look like.  

I am 100% agree with GeoffC, Mr Stravos you create a great pipe starting with a non soul one, at least to my criteria, the results of the stem works are superb.
Congratulations and I hope smoke as well as she looks
Back to top Go down
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Pipex 3 [change of look due to defects]   Pipex 3 [change of look due to defects] EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 11:10 pm

I certainly see what you're talking about now that you point it out. Perhaps a quick hit from a wire wheel would help even things out for you. Otherwise I think you might have to just start over on the rustication which honestly could be an even bigger disaster. I still think its a great improvement over the original.

Jim
Back to top Go down
Sid.Stavros

Sid.Stavros

PostSubject: Re: Pipex 3 [change of look due to defects]   Pipex 3 [change of look due to defects] EmptyWed Sep 25, 2019 4:18 am

Much obliged Gentlemen for your kindly comments and advises. cheers
Back to top Go down

Pipex 3 [change of look due to defects]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: DIY-
Jump to: