HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Today in St Louis

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bub

Bub

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Today in St Louis Empty
PostSubject: Today in St Louis   Today in St Louis EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 11:22 am

Some fantastic pictures.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/archives/oct-the-last-piece-of-the-arch-is-fitted-into/collection_44bd3127-62cf-5016-9538-48a338338484.html#1
Back to top Go down
Simple Man

Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

Today in St Louis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today in St Louis   Today in St Louis EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 1:09 pm

I seriously don't know how they ever found men willing to work on such projects. They couldn't pay me enough to work up that high. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

Today in St Louis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today in St Louis   Today in St Louis EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 6:15 pm

I have enough trouble just climbing an eight foot step ladder! Thanks for the photos, Bub. I really enjoyed them, especially the one of the "GM&O engine coming out of the tunnel.
Back to top Go down
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

Today in St Louis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today in St Louis   Today in St Louis EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 6:41 pm

I would have loved to work on that, being that high is quite a thrill
Back to top Go down
Jestre

Jestre

Registration date : 2008-09-15

Today in St Louis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today in St Louis   Today in St Louis EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 7:44 pm

I pause at the top of an escalator. No way you'd catch me up there. Amazing photos, nonetheless!
Back to top Go down
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

Registration date : 2007-12-22

Today in St Louis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today in St Louis   Today in St Louis EmptyWed Oct 30, 2019 7:35 pm

I’ve been to the the arch dozens of times. I’ve watched the film about how they built it in the theater below it. The museum under it is nice too. But I have yet to ride the dryer drum elevators to the top to look out the windows. I have hard dealing with heights.
Back to top Go down

Today in St Louis
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: