HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bucket List Pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BriarBeagle

BriarBeagle

Registration date : 2016-11-08

Bucket List Pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show Empty
PostSubject: Bucket List Pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show   Bucket List Pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show EmptyMon Nov 04, 2019 3:52 pm

So...

I had the pleasure of attending the West Coast Pipe Show in Las Vegas this last weekend and had a blast.  Much to my surprise, Kurt Balleby was attending this year and brought a handful of pipes with him.  Mind you, I have been keeping my eye out for one of Kurt's smooth bulldogs in my size for a few years now.  I have been constantly monitoring vendor websites waiting for the day when the right pipe would surface.  As I approached his table, one pipe in particular caught my eye.  IT WAS THE ONE!  Once I had it in my hand, I didn't let go.  I had the honor and privilege of purchasing this pipe directly from Kurt after chatting with him for some time.  He was very gracious and kind, and it made the pipe purchase a memory that I will cherish for my lifetime.  I thought I'd share a photo or two with the Brothers...

Bucket List Pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show Balleb10

Bucket List Pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show Balleb11

Sweet smokes...

Beagle
Back to top Go down
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Bucket List Pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show   Bucket List Pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show EmptyMon Nov 04, 2019 4:01 pm

Oh man that is nice!
Back to top Go down
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Bucket List Pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show   Bucket List Pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show EmptyMon Nov 04, 2019 4:14 pm

That is fantastic. I can see the excitement and passion in your eyes. Congrats to you! That pipe is a beauty also.
Back to top Go down
hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Bucket List Pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show   Bucket List Pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show EmptyMon Nov 04, 2019 4:27 pm

Exquisite
Back to top Go down
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Bucket List Pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show   Bucket List Pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show EmptyMon Nov 04, 2019 6:04 pm

Bunch of folks from Simply Stogies went to the show. Thread is like 150 messages long. Sounds like it was a blast!

My local carver Dave Huber won pipe of the year with the snail shell pipe. Grain was beyond amazing.
Back to top Go down
BriarBeagle

BriarBeagle

Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Bucket List Pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show   Bucket List Pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show EmptyMon Nov 04, 2019 6:30 pm

GeoffC wrote:
Bunch of folks from Simply Stogies went to the show.  Thread is like 150 messages long.  Sounds like it was a blast!

My local carver Dave Huber won pipe of the year with the snail shell pipe.  Grain was beyond amazing.

Yes, I spent some time looking at David's work and speaking to him. His snail shell pipe was impressive to say the least, as were all of his pipes. He had some incredible sculptured pieces. Very meticulous work indeed.
Back to top Go down
MAW

MAW

Registration date : 2019-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Bucket List Pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show   Bucket List Pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show EmptySat Nov 09, 2019 8:07 pm

Gorgeous one that of yours, congratulations for the adquisition direct from the craver
Back to top Go down
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Bucket List Pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show   Bucket List Pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show EmptySat Nov 09, 2019 9:22 pm

That’s a awesome looking pipe. And congratulations on meeting the maker too.
Back to top Go down
RDPipes

RDPipes

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Bucket List Pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show   Bucket List Pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show EmptySat Nov 09, 2019 10:14 pm

That certainly is a real beauty sir, I'm jealous now, damn! Bucket List Pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show Theman10
Back to top Go down
http://rdpipes.briar.club/
swhipple

swhipple

Registration date : 2013-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Bucket List Pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show   Bucket List Pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show EmptySat Nov 09, 2019 10:41 pm

That is one nice looking pipe. Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Bucket List Pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show   Bucket List Pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 3:19 am

Lovely story Mr Beagle, Sir. And what a pipe! I love the transition from stem to stummel. So, million dollar question, have you fired her up yet?
Back to top Go down
Hiram-2011

Hiram-2011

Registration date : 2012-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Bucket List Pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show   Bucket List Pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 7:54 am

Color me jealous brother. That is a beautiful pipe.
Back to top Go down
riff raff

riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Bucket List Pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show   Bucket List Pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 1:59 pm

A Balleby is a big step up to the top of the artisan ladder - congratulations!
Back to top Go down
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Bucket List Pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show   Bucket List Pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 7:53 pm

Sweet acquisition brother! Not an easy maker to come by either so super score there!

Jim
Back to top Go down
daveinlax

daveinlax

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Bucket List Pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show   Bucket List Pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 10:25 pm

WoW! Awesome Pipe, congratulations. Shocked
Back to top Go down

Bucket List Pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show
Page 1 of 1