HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? Empty
PostSubject: What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it?   What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 1:38 pm

Me? I’d like a newer used car. Current ride has about 120K (rounded up) and is just a bit long in the tooth, to put it mildly.

It’s likely worth about $6.20 in trade. lol

Odds of getting it? Hmmmm. Just about zero to none. Mad

What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? D6bddf10What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? 29400910What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? 114e6110What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? Ddb39b10What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? Cf77ce10What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? Dd692012What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? Cowboy11
Back to top Go down
Bub

Bub

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it?   What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 1:57 pm

Should there be a "," or is it really a "." ?
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it?   What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 2:42 pm

Bub wrote:
Should there be a "," or is it really a "." ?

Drink less coffee. Laughing

What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? D6bddf10What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? 29400910What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? 114e6110What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? Ddb39b10What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? Cf77ce10What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? Dd692012What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? Cowboy11
Back to top Go down
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

PostSubject: Re: What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it?   What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 9:37 pm

If I could get any frivolous thing on my dream list it would be an Izzo Valkyrie 2 group espresso machine and a Mahlkonig E65S grinder to go with it. Chances if getting it, pretty close to zero Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it?   What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 10:09 pm

How about a winning lottery ticket! Shocked Laughing
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it?   What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 10:11 pm

Corncobcon wrote:
How about a winning lottery ticket! Shocked Laughing

Yeah man! Cash is SO versatile.

Back to top Go down
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it?   What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 11:06 pm

Captain Black Grape............oh wait already got that

I’ve wanted a nice Dunhill shell bent from 1971 (my birth year) for a years.

I’d like to have the 68 SS camero I had in high school back.

The winning lottery ticket ?00,000,000 or more 0’s in the number.

I really like to have day to be with my dad again. Grandparents and great grandparents too.

Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it?   What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 11:39 pm

I met a guy at my wife’s office Christmas party that is in a local Camero Club. He said he had a 68 SS that is part of some end production run and has all these little changes or extras or whatever. Understandably he’s very, very careful with it.

Back to top Go down
Fr_Tom

Fr_Tom

Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it?   What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 1:23 am

For Christmas, I want the year to end well at one church and for the move to go smoothly.

After the move and selling the current house, I will be in the market for a new car (back on topic really). My idea of "new" is really an estate car. The one I will be selling is a '98 Ford Crown Victoria with more or less 225K miles. It is reliable as a rock, and does not look like much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it?   What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 1:50 am

Ahh, the Queen Vicky.  Now there’s a classic.  

The only thing I don’t like is the reciprocating ball steering. It wanders a bit. Other than that...solid gold.  Especially with the Interceptor Package. If we’re out of town, and rent a car, if they have any I’ll ask for a Crown Vicky if I can swing a good price.

Back to top Go down
Fr_Tom

Fr_Tom

Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it?   What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 2:05 am

My mechanic told me he would not work on my Mazda minvan any more. He hated that minivan, and honestly I was not that crazy about it either. It had problems on a trip, and the family dropped it off at a shop. They let us use a "parts chaser" Olds 88 with 325K miles to finish the trip and pick up the Mazda on the way home.

The Olds was quieter and had room for the children and all the luggage/stuff. It got better fuel economy and was quieter on the road. The children sat farther apart, and it took them longer to start squabbling.

My eyes were opened to the wisdom of my father. He would have been driving an Olds 88 instead of a Mazda minivan.

I asked my mechanic when I got home what his wife drove. He explained that when you work on cars all day, you don't want to work on one when you get home too. He recommended the Buick LeSabre and Park Avenue. If I could not get a good deal on one of those, the Ford CV and Mercury Grand Marquis were a close second.

Basically I have had one of these ever since and have had no regrets.

The next one will probably be something else. With the move, I will be getting a new mechanic for one thing. The cars described are getting a little long in the tooth too to be buying used.

Last edited by Fr_Tom on Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it?   What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 3:52 am

All interesting. I looked up used CV’s 2011 (last year made) and there seem to be dealers that specialize in them. You can get a 2010 or 2011 CV Non fleet Interceptor with about 50K mikes for under $10K. That’s like “new” given their longevity. They all seem to be in the midwest though so I’d worry about salt rust.

Back to top Go down
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it?   What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 3:57 pm

Good old salt rust.  Those CV's probably were driven by old farmer's wives in Kansas, Nebraska, or Iowa! Laughing
Back to top Go down
swhipple

swhipple

Registration date : 2013-05-02

PostSubject: Re: What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it?   What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 4:10 pm

I have to admit I don't want to much for Christmas. Our vehicles are in good shape and the house is ok too. We are in good health and our living older relatives are doing pretty well too. My daughter just started her first full time job after college and it's even in a field that she wants to be in. This is more of a count your blessings and be thankful Christmas.

However, if Santa  santa  happens to be reading this, I'd REALLY like a new mid-engine Corvette. Any color will do. Very Happy   I see the chances of actually getting one? Less than zero.
Back to top Go down
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it?   What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 4:21 pm

D.L.Ruth wrote:
If I could get any frivolous thing on my dream list it would be an Izzo Valkyrie 2 group espresso machine and a Mahlkonig E65S grinder to go with it. Chances if getting it, pretty close to zero Crying or Very sad

I knew there was something I liked about you!

There is nothing I really want except maybe two for one on D.L. Ruth's espresso machine.
Back to top Go down
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it?   What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 5:26 pm

I’m in the midst of a mid life crisis so:

Honda CBR600F in red.

Chances... nil.

Barring that I’m pretty happy with my lot. We’ve all got our health, a roof over our heads and we’re not hungry. Happy!
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it?   What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? EmptySun Dec 15, 2019 6:59 am

Maybe roll back the wear and tear on the body. Otherwise I shouldn't complain.
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it?   What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? EmptySun Dec 15, 2019 7:50 am

I know a guy...er, a friend of mine...yeah, that’s it.

He said all he wanted was to stop the violins and visualize whirled peas.

He’s kinda strange.

Back to top Go down
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it?   What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? EmptySun Dec 15, 2019 8:19 am

Blackhorse wrote:

He’s kinda strange.

Ooookkkaaaayyyy!
Back to top Go down
peanubutter

peanubutter

Registration date : 2019-01-20

PostSubject: Re: What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it?   What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? EmptySun Dec 15, 2019 1:40 pm

A full nights sleep without taking the dogs out would be nice. My wife could sleep through a hurricane I do believe. I agree with Stick, a roof over our heads and food and I'm good to go.
Back to top Go down
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it?   What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? EmptySun Dec 15, 2019 6:34 pm

So after thinking about it I would like surgery for my spine to be an option that has better than a 33% chance of improvement. I guess I will just wait 10 years and hope something changes.
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it?   What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? EmptySun Dec 15, 2019 6:43 pm

if it were possible for the sight in my right eye to be restored, that would be what I'd like more than anything. It's not possible and I know it though.

Apart from that I'm wanting for nothing.

Cheers,

RR

What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? Purple11x 2What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? Bombx10  What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? Bombx9 What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? D6bddf10 What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? Cowboy13

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it?   What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? EmptySun Dec 15, 2019 10:44 pm

Gretsch Broadkaster drums. Chance of getting them, 0.0% Wink
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it?   What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it? EmptySun Dec 15, 2019 10:57 pm

Stick wrote:
Blackhorse wrote:

He’s kinda strange.

Ooookkkaaaayyyy!

Ya see...it’s like NO to violence and YES to world peace...taken down to the silly bumper sticker level?

Back to top Go down

What do you REALLY want for Christmas? Odds of getting it?
Page 1 of 1