Coronavirus

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Bub

Bub

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Coronavirus - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 3:58 pm

Thanks DrT...great video
Back to top Go down
Carlos
Admin
Carlos

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 5:55 pm

Chicago Pipe Show canceled as of today. Details in the Community in Action forum. It was basically a month away from people arriving.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
Zeno Marx

Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 11:00 am

A little about Russia. Acting like it isn't anything of importance and their pride is tougher than the virus.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/as-russia-shuts-its-borders-how-widespread-is-covid-19-there
Back to top Go down
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 9:57 am

It hasn't been all too bad until... MY GYM CLOSED! Ok no big deal at first, went to get some equipment to build a garage gym (always wanted to anyway), but I can't find any equipment anywhere. Even got to the point where we were willing to spend the big bucks on name brand equipment but even they are sold out!

We have a rower and treadmill so cardio is no problem, just need some weights, I can feel myself getting weaker Mad
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 10:40 am

Do you have any rocks in your back yard?

How about two buckets, a bag of Redi-Mix and a broomstick?

Coronavirus - Page 4 D6bddf10Coronavirus - Page 4 29400910Coronavirus - Page 4 114e6110Coronavirus - Page 4 Ddb39b10Coronavirus - Page 4 Cf77ce10Coronavirus - Page 4 Dd692012Coronavirus - Page 4 Cowboy13
Back to top Go down
peanubutter

peanubutter

Registration date : 2019-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 11:01 am

We use the stretch bands in the camper. Lightweight and I can do most exercises with them. A bench press is not doable though. There is an exercise bike (recumbent) somewhere in storage and need to get that next trip.
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 11:05 am

Sometimes in the Spring we can just go down to the beach and try to walk against the wind.  Gotta wear goggles for that.

Coronavirus - Page 4 5ce0c410

Coronavirus - Page 4 D6bddf10Coronavirus - Page 4 29400910Coronavirus - Page 4 114e6110Coronavirus - Page 4 Ddb39b10Coronavirus - Page 4 Cf77ce10Coronavirus - Page 4 Dd692012Coronavirus - Page 4 Cowboy13
Back to top Go down
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 11:43 am

We do have a couple of the power bands that we have been using, but I just miss the actual weights
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 8:16 pm

Due to the quarantine I’ll only be telling inside jokes.

Do you know why ants are immune to the coronavirus?  Because of their anitbodies.

Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 8:27 pm

Did you hear about the guy who came down with Corona? He dated a gal who had Lyme disease!

5)

Hey we all need a little levity right now!

Cheers,

RR

Coronavirus - Page 4 Purple11x 3Coronavirus - Page 4 Bombx10Coronavirus - Page 4 Bombx10  Coronavirus - Page 4 D6bddf10 Coronavirus - Page 4 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d Coronavirus - Page 4 Cowboy13Coronavirus - Page 4 4G80VIc

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 8:31 pm

Keep ‘em coming for sure. We really do need ‘em right now.

Back to top Go down
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 8:44 pm

I heard they were trying to ban all the COVID-19 memes...

... they didn't want them to go viral
Back to top Go down
Zeno Marx

Zeno Marx

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 11:33 am

Content here has been deleted by management due to political content.
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 11:37 am

XXX. Content cut by management due to political content.

People have more problems than the virus.[/quote]

ZM - that’s a very politically slanted post.  I’ll likely be taking it down. Very express rules re political messages, etc. except in the Rubber Room.

Even though the page is almost immediately covered by a giant banner requiring signing up to gain access.

Last edited by Blackhorse on Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zeno Marx

Zeno Marx

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 12:35 pm

Sorry. I understand.
Back to top Go down
Valdus

Valdus

Registration date : 2019-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 6:08 pm

Here in New Orleans they got us all on lockdown. Sounds like we shared a lot during Mardi Gras. Been in the house with my 4 year old while wife does telemedicine. I’ve been antisocial my whole life so no big deal.
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 6:11 pm

Looks like hungry rats have taken over Bourbon Street. Weird.

Back to top Go down
Valdus

Valdus

Registration date : 2019-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 6:12 pm

Nothing new if you ask me. Everything is shut down here, except food stores.
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 6:41 pm

Pretty close to what’s going on here.  My daughter is a senior at Portland State and has taken all online classes for several terms.  So she and I are used to being here.  But my wife has still been going in to her office.  Normally there are nearly twenty there.  Now it’s down to four.  The owner, the head manager (my wife), the comptroller and one other...all well spread out.  They have very strict protocols in place re distance and cleaning and th like.

What a mess.  But you know...even though this thing spreads like crazy and has a high mortality level...it could have been a far more deadly strain.  Like Michael Crichton kind of stuff.  Yeah, this sucks.  But we’ll come out the other end and be mostly OK.  Of course that’s easy to say if one hasn’t been sick...yet.

Back to top Go down
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 12:09 am

Just a reminder: the Rubber Room is the place to post if we're feeling political. bom

-Yak
Back to top Go down
Zeno Marx

Zeno Marx

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 3:05 pm

It's only anecdotal at this point, but obesity might play into the mortality of this thing. No super big surprise, but considering, at least in my neighborhood, how nobody seems to be exercising, and through word of mouth, everyone is cooking and sitting around eating old family recipes and traditional comfort foods, sounds like a bad recipe (intended). In other words, if you can, get out and move. Try not to fixate on food.

If bed availability and health care wasn't an issue, I've been wondering if it would be better to get this thing earlier than later. Not from a place of bravado or anything of the sort. Just wondering if from a personal perspective, if I want to be burdened with this thing for a year or more. I would never do anything selfish and try to get exposure, but for the sake of argument, how much damage does the anxiety and malaise cause over a decently long period of time vs gambling in the short term. This is also based on the assumption that 70-80% of the population is going to get it anyway. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 3:12 pm

Zeno Marx wrote:
It's only anecdotal at this point, but obesity might play into the mortality of this thing.  No super big surprise, but considering, at least in my neighborhood, how nobody seems to be exercising, and through word of mouth, everyone is cooking and sitting around eating old family recipes and traditional comfort foods, sounds like a bad recipe (intended).  In other words, if you can, get out and move.  Try not to fixate on food.

If bed availability and health care wasn't an issue, I've been wondering if it would be better to get this thing earlier than later.  Not from a place of bravado or anything of the sort.  Just wondering if from a personal perspective, if I want to be burdened with this thing for a year or more.  I would never do anything selfish and try to get exposure, but for the sake of argument, how much damage does the anxiety and malaise cause over a decently long period of time vs gambling in the short term.  This is also based on the assumption that 70-80% of the population is going to get it anyway.  Any thoughts?

I've heard similar said. It seems that the virus affects kids less than adults much akin to Chicken Pox, for which many parents are keen for their kids to catch sooner rather than later.
Back to top Go down
DrT999

DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 4:00 pm

Stick wrote:
Zeno Marx wrote:
It's only anecdotal at this point, but obesity might play into the mortality of this thing.  No super big surprise, but considering, at least in my neighborhood, how nobody seems to be exercising, and through word of mouth, everyone is cooking and sitting around eating old family recipes and traditional comfort foods, sounds like a bad recipe (intended).  In other words, if you can, get out and move.  Try not to fixate on food.

If bed availability and health care wasn't an issue, I've been wondering if it would be better to get this thing earlier than later.  Not from a place of bravado or anything of the sort.  Just wondering if from a personal perspective, if I want to be burdened with this thing for a year or more.  I would never do anything selfish and try to get exposure, but for the sake of argument, how much damage does the anxiety and malaise cause over a decently long period of time vs gambling in the short term.  This is also based on the assumption that 70-80% of the population is going to get it anyway.  Any thoughts?

I've heard similar said.  It seems that the virus affects kids less than adults much akin to Chicken Pox, for which many parents are keen for their kids to catch sooner rather than later.  

Of course, there is no way to predict how severe any one person might catch it no matter their age or condition, and you risk spreading it to others before the symptom appear.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 7:51 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
Keep ‘em coming for sure.  We really do need ‘em right now.

This might be just the thing then.....

Cheers,

RR

Coronavirus - Page 4 Purple11x 3Coronavirus - Page 4 Bombx10Coronavirus - Page 4 Bombx10  Coronavirus - Page 4 D6bddf10 Coronavirus - Page 4 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d Coronavirus - Page 4 Cowboy13Coronavirus - Page 4 4G80VIc

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 8:53 am

So our quarantine was officially extended to the 30th of April down here. The fun never ends Laughing

-Yak
Back to top Go down

Coronavirus
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: