HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Smoking Lounge

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Smoking Lounge   Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:58 pm

For some time, a handful of members of alt.smokers.pipes have been gathering in the evenings for chat on IRC. I'm going to try gathering pipe smokers from more than just one forum to chat, rather than just have a handful of us from ASP on ASP chat. Now, what I have done is create an IRC channel on the blitzed network called #SmokingLounge. For those who are not well versed in the use of IRC , I've found an excellent web interface located at http://www.mibbit.com/chat/ . Now, all you have to do is choose Blitzed from the drop down box at the top where it says IRC. Once you do that, you entry your nick and the channel #SmokingLounge and hit the Go button. This is one of the best web interfaces for IRC that I've ever seen. Yes, even better than the one on ASP's web site. I'll also need to some of you that are familiar with the workings of IRC at some point.

It is my hope that rather than die out, I can actually get users from various forums to join us for our evening get togethers. We'll see how it goes. The channel is all set up and ready to go. I should be there sometime this evening.
Back to top Go down

Smoking Lounge
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1