HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Sixth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass for 2009

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Mikem
The Coordinator

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass for 2009   Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:10 pm

Very nice Mr. Houston, very nice. PM sent, please hold the box until I contact you. Thanks.

Has anyone heard if Bill is around?? He is next on the list.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr_Houston

Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass for 2009   Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:10 pm

Hey Guys.

Here is my list of sampled.

Edgeworth Ready Rubbed.
Exhausted Tooster
University Flake - twice.
Christmas Cheer.
Black Twist Sliced
Kajun Kake
Anniversary Kake.
Full VA Flake - twice
Royal Yacht
Bosun Cut Plug

My big discoveries this pass are University Flake and Anniversary Flake. I really liked both. AF is a really nice VaPer, that is not too spiced with perique. Volumes of smoke at first light. I'm not that krazy about the krumble kut, however.

The UF is the best of the strong tobaccos that I've tried. I liked it better after drying a good bit. Nice VA taste.

I had a nice smoke of FVF last night. I cut it into cubes as some have suggested. The flakes were a bit crispy dried first.

Kajun Kake was also nice. Dark and mellow, with not too much perique.

Royal Yacht is not as bad as I've heard. Was glad to try it once.

Bosun Cut Plug is all Lakeland - not for me.

The one tobacco that I won't even smoke again if offered is Black Twist Sliced. I'm sure it has its place, but I thought it smoked like burning plastic. The aroma of the tin was also burning plastic. Not that you shouldn't try it for yourself. :shock:

I'm sorry that you guys won't get a chance at the brandied cherries. They were great.

The box is packed, with fewer packing peanuts than when I got it. I'll ship it when MikeM says go.

-- Mr. Houston
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rail Man

Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass for 2009   Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:32 pm

Great pass!! Babs is doing well again this year! And it's getting closer and closer to Wisconsin! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.lewisableidinger.com
Mikem
The Coordinator

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass for 2009   Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:23 pm

Gentleman, after consulting with others and not being able to get a hold of Bill I have decided to unfortunately skip Bill this go round of the pass. I thank all who answered my pm's and inquiries. I have sent a pm to Mr. Houston asking him to send the box on to Rail Man. Have fun and enjoy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rail Man

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass for 2009   Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:01 am

Oh I am excited now!!
Back to top Go down
Mr_Houston

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass for 2009   Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:58 am

Babs was shipped to Rail Man this morning. Weighed in at 11.5 lbs. I look forward to reading about all your experiences with the pass.

-- Mr. Houston
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arcticsmoke

Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass for 2009   Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:26 pm

Great pass Mr. Houston! Hope you added a stronger rope so Rail Man doesn't fall in. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggman
Cornholio

Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass for 2009   Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:55 pm

Great Pass Mr Houston.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rail Man

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass for 2009   Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:52 am

Thought I'd let everyone know BaBs arrived safely today. Just have to open it up, when I'm a little less tired tomorrow! Can't wait! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mikem
The Coordinator

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass for 2009   Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:49 am

Hi everyone, We have another slight change to the box pass order. Luckily this is a change in routing only to meet a schedule. We are about two weeks ahead of schedule (which is a good thing).

Railman I have sent you a pm. I need you to send the box to Carlos next instead of Vaperfavour as he is still out on the road working.

Carlos I will have you send the box to Pipetongue1 who will send it to Danish_Pipe_Guy who then hopefully we can then send the box onto Vaperfavour. We need to get the box to him around May 1st

We (I) will play this one close to see where the box is around this time frame so that we can meet a fellow BoB's work schedule. If anyone has or sees a conflict with their schedule please let me know. Thanks everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rail Man

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass for 2009   Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:53 am

Sounds good! I have been thoroughly enjoying the box, there's so much in it it's overwhelming! With a long commute to work these days I've been able to have the chance to sample quite a bit more than last time. It's great to get to try out so many of these blends I may not have otherwise tried. Great fun again this year! cheers
Back to top Go down
J_Rock

Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass for 2009   Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:53 pm

Mike......you are one heck of a guy. I know this has to be hectic for you and now to work around peoples schedule. That is very kind of you to do this for our brothers!!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vaperfavour

Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass for 2009   Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:10 pm

Thanks mike! I am looking forward to sampling! ill have the box at the time of the show and ill put a tin of the new blends released at the show in the box. thanks again!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass for 2009   Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:50 pm

Not a problem. I will just go up to the Chestnut Men's Club and borrow the two-wheel appliance dolly early, so I can move Babs into the cellar.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass for 2009   Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:10 pm

Just remember Carlos, whatever you get down those stairs will have to come back up those stairs.......

Better hire some movers or keep it on the ground floor Laughing

Rail Man

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass for 2009   Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:47 pm

Ok everyone, my time with BaBs is unfortunately up Crying or Very sad but it was fun! Lots of blends I haven't tried and a few I haven't had in years. Carlos, the box will be on its way Monday morning.

Puts:
Dunhill Light Flake
GLP Cumberland

Takes:
Old Joe Krantz
Kingfisher

Sampled:
McClelland 2015 - 8yr old (Thanks for sharing this Mr. Houston!)
HH Vintage VA
Edgeworth Ready Rubbed - Glad I got a chance to try this talked about blend
AM Pipe
Dark Twist Sliced - Interesting blend, kind of tasted/smelled like I was smoking a good steak
Kajun Kake
Royal Yacht
Davidoff Royalty
Telegraph Hill
Stokkebyes Proper English (forgot how much I liked this blend)
Frenchy's Sunzabitches

Another great box pass, thanks again, Mike, for putting it together! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Rail Man

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass for 2009   Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:58 pm

I decided to slip a few more things in just prior to sealing the box:

For trade:
SG Full VA Flake

For Sampling:
GLP Robusto
GLP Barbary Coast
Rattrays Dark Fragrant

Back to top Go down
Mikem
The Coordinator

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass for 2009   Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:18 pm

Great pass Rail Man as usual. I'm curious to here your thoughts on the HH Vintage Virginia.

I'm glad to hear that it seems like everyone is getting a little more out of the sampling this year compared to years past. Thats what I like to hear, as to me anyway, it makes putting this thing together well worth it.

Carlos, no fuzzy slippers this year but it sounds like it is going to be a whole lot of fun. You might need your fancy tractor to haul it up and down the stairs. Or at least from your mail box. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass for 2009   Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:26 pm

Another great play, this time from the Train Man!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
Mr_Houston

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass for 2009   Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:46 pm

Very nice pass Rail Man. I wish I'd gotten a chance at the dark fragrant - never have tried it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pipetongue1
Tobacco Hoarder At Large

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass for 2009   Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:36 pm

Nice Pass Railman !! Ken tongue
Pacem en Puffing! tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trout Bum

Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass for 2009   Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:09 am

Great pass, Railman!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tennessee Dave

Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass for 2009   Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:09 am

Good pass. Looking forward to this as it will be my first participation in a box pass. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass for 2009   Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:31 am

Great pass sir!

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
J_Rock

Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass for 2009   Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:59 pm

Very nice pass Railman. Looks like some good sampling going on for you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Sixth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass for 2009
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next