HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Obama signs kids' health insurance bill

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Number 6

Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Obama signs kids' health insurance bill   Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:36 am

The RYO tax seems absurd and punitive. I can only presume that the government is pre-emptively trying to remove any way for cigarette smokers to escape taxes on pre-rolled.
That, in turn, makes me wonder what they have planned for pre-rolled smokes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HistoryMajor

Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Obama signs kids' health insurance bill   Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:38 am

ryomagazine.com is blaming the RYO tax on Phillip Morris for lobbying Congress, ensuring that people keep smoking ready made cigs.

I've said it before, you guys've still got it good! The absolute cheapest you can buy cigs here is 7.50 a pack, and it's like smoking tar straight off the road. You can almost get Nat Shermans in teh U.S. for that much! If I want a pack of Camels or Dunhills, it's more like 12, 13 bucks.

On the other hand, our smokes don't really have RST in them...so perhaps I'd still take a Canadian cig over an American one.

It seems like if the feds in the U.S. cut some money from crazy stuff like, oh, I dunno, two wars, a colossal defense budget, etc. etc. they could fund universal medicare without raising taxes, and all Americans would have access to top quality health care, for cheaper and easier.

But that's simply on the outside (where shit tends to work) and looking in. jocolor

Quote :
$24.62 per pound
I don't know what I'd pay for a pound,(you just can't buy tobacco in those amounts here) but I pay 17-20ish for 40 grams of American Spirit...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Obama signs kids' health insurance bill
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2